Substitution for Vanilla Custard V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i'm wanting to try this recipe but the Vanilla Custard v2 that i have is very chemically tasting after 4 or 5 days and i'm WAY too impatient to wait 4 weeks, i have some original VC coming in the mail but was wondering what an acceptable substitution might be? This is the recipe i want to try

Butter 2%
Cake Batter 2.5%
Graham Cracker 4%
Vanilla Custard 6%
Strawberry 6%

I've made a really smooth and creamy strawberry w/ whipped cream and marshmallow thats great after a few days and hoping to find something else as good considering i go through about 5-10 mil a day in juice.

My take on Strawberry Cream
Strawberry 10%
Whipped Cream 2%
Marshmallow 2%
Sweetener 1%

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Ok so i'm wanting to try this recipe but the Vanilla Custard v2 that i have is very chemically tasting after 4 or 5 days and i'm WAY too impatient to wait 4 weeks, i have some original VC coming in the mail but was wondering what an acceptable substitution might be? This is the recipe i want to try

Butter 2%
Cake Batter 2.5%
Graham Cracker 4%
Vanilla Custard 6%
Strawberry 6%

I've made a really smooth and creamy strawberry w/ whipped cream and marshmallow thats great after a few days and hoping to find something else as good considering i go through about 5-10 mil a day in juice.

My take on Strawberry Cream
Strawberry 10%
Whipped Cream 2%
Marshmallow 2%
Sweetener 1%

No idea on the substitution... but you're aware that the original Vanilla Custard contains diketones? That's why the v2 was created, to remove the hazard.

Andria

I did the crockpot thing on low for 8 hours but i think the temp was a little high and made one of my mixes smell VERY chemical. I have not tried them yet as i wanted some more time to help even out.

You do want to monitor the temps; a meat thermometer works well (note that candy thermometers do not read low enough). 8 hours at a high temp might be way too much heat. Regarding smells, some juices benefit from breathing (leaving the bottle open for a while, maybe overnight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread