Sub-Ohm tank users,what tanks/brand you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hey there fellow vapers.

Thought i would open a thread to talk about Sub-Ohm tanks and see what everyone else is using at the moment.

I've been vaping and off the cigs for 3 years and change,i started with the usual ''starter kid'' then moved on to rebuildables.

But about 5 or 6 months ago i just got tired of the whole wicking thing,not a flavor chasing connoisseur so for me Sub-Ohm tanks are the best solution to my laziness hehe.
Minimum maintenance,no fuss and mess and it just suits me better,coil gets old i pop a new one,let it sit and voila! ready to go at it again.

Started with the Zeus Sub Ohm Tank,then moved on to the iTank but i didn't like the filling system,i just prefer the usual ol' school unscrew the top,fill the tank and then screw the cap back in.
I did love the coils from Freemax but unfortunately those i can't get here in Spain and ordering them from China would be just way too expensive.

For the last few months i have been using the Hellbeast 2 as my main tank,works like a charm and even better when i found out it's compatible with the GTi coils from Vaporesso.
Been using the 0.4 Ohm (50-60w) none stop since then,sweet spot is 2/3rds of the airflow closed and about 33 to 36 watts,right there is where i made my home.

Recently reviewed the Aspire U-Force L tank,gotta say the ol' PNPs and the new TW are top notch but the tank? meh...airflow ring just way too loose and the top cap isn't really that ''tight'',easily comes off when i take it out from my man bag to take a vape.

Also reviewed the Aspire Atlantis GT and yeah the coils were FANTASTIC but....side filling system is just a pain,not liking that part.

Main reason why i gave up on RTAs is just to make my life easier,simpler and with less hassle so for now the Hellbeast 2 (with GTi coils) is still going to be my main tank for daily use until something better comes along.

So for all you sub-ohm users out there,what are you using and why?

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
For the times i do the sub-Ohm DL thing it's mostly w/ an Arbiter RTA. It drinks e-liquid quickly, being dual coil, but the tank is large & the flavor is very nice. Mostly use it when i get the urge to feel my chest very filled and exhale large clouds. It reminds me of long ago when a long puff on a Kent 100 produced a thick, seemingly endless exhale ... i'm close enough to being a regular cigarette smoker that i still need that sort of thing.

On the advice of a very knowledgeable & helpful gentleman here, drop-in coil tanks are primarily my failsafe should i not be able to build one day, When i do use one for sub-Ohm, it's an original UForce. UForce coils weren't very good but Fireluke coils, which are great, fit it. The .5 Ohm ones w/ airflow about half closed give a nice RDL vape. The drip tip isn't super wide and there was a 8ml bubble glass extension kit you could get for it, 2 features i like.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
For the times i do the sub-Ohm DL thing it's mostly w/ an Arbiter RTA. It drinks e-liquid quickly, being dual coil, but the tank is large & the flavor is very nice. Mostly use it when i get the urge to feel my chest very filled and exhale large clouds. It reminds me of long ago when a long puff on a Kent 100 produced a thick, seemingly endless exhale ... i'm close enough to being a regular cigarette smoker that i still need that sort of thing.

On the advice of a very knowledgeable & helpful gentleman here, drop-in coil tanks are primarily my failsafe should i not be able to build one day, When i do use one for sub-Ohm, it's an original UForce. UForce coils weren't very good but Fireluke coils, which are great, fit it. The .5 Ohm ones w/ airflow about half closed give a nice RDL vape. The drip tip isn't super wide and there was a 8ml bubble glass extension kit you could get for it, 2 features i like.

I do like the coils from Freemax,shame that here in Spain there is no way of getting them otherwise i would be using those on a daily basis.

For now the GTi coils are doing their job,got some PNP coils for the UFORCE-L tank but meh,i don't know i keep on going back to my Hellbeast 2.

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
I keep going back to the Geekvape Sub ohm tanks I just find the .4 ohm is my sweet spot and I get good flavour. I have tried many tanks like you I found the Itank just ok didn’t like the the fill method and also flavour was not as good. I definitely prefer drop in coils was never a huge fan of RTA’s.

Recently find myself using the Geekvape E 100 a lot especially when out and about it’s a little smaller and the .4 or .5 ohm P coils have good flavour and I can generally get 3-4 weeks out of a coil. I also find the P and Z coils readily available so I just stockpiled and am trying not to bother trying the latest and greatest device.

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
My first sub-ohm tank was the Aspire Triton 2. I butchered it up a bit trying to get more airflow (was a nice looking tank before that!) and sometimes forgot to open the juice flow after filling which led to dry hits if I didn't notice in time.
I picked up the Aspire Atlantis EVO after that and don't recall any particular issue other than still wanting more airflow. (actually didn't hack that one up!)

Next up was the SMOK Baby Beast which pretty much gave me the air I was looking for without having the need for a ton of power to run it. I added a second one a little later on.
After that I picked up the Big Baby Beast which also came with an RBA deck, though up until last year I only used the drop in coils with it. I think I've only used the RBA in it since.
When the mesh coils came out I was pretty much done chasing the next new/improved thing. (factory coil tanks that is)

I've stuck with tanks that use the Baby Beast style coils since and have built up my stash with those.
Added to the BB family over the last few years are the GV Cerberus, Aero, Obelisk C, and SMOK TFV-9 as the places I frequent no longer had the Baby or Big Baby.

I also have a couple of GV Zeus sub-ohm tanks from buying kits to get certain mods. I started building a coil stash for those but gave up. I haven't even fired one up yet.

Since I started using RTAs last year, I don't use the sub-ohm tanks as much. Right now I don't have any set up as I just took the Aero out of rotation last week for cleaning.
I usually have at least one in rotation though.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I keep going back to the Geekvape Sub ohm tanks I just find the .4 ohm is my sweet spot and I get good flavour. I have tried many tanks like you I found the Itank just ok didn’t like the the fill method and also flavour was not as good. I definitely prefer drop in coils was never a huge fan of RTA’s.

Recently find myself using the Geekvape E 100 a lot especially when out and about it’s a little smaller and the .4 or .5 ohm P coils have good flavour and I can generally get 3-4 weeks out of a coil. I also find the P and Z coils readily available so I just stockpiled and am trying not to bother trying the latest and greatest device.

Guess its all a matter of personal taste but i do seem to like more the GTi coils when compared to the ones i used for the Sub Ohm tank from Geekvape.

Also i had some really bad luck with coils from Geekvape,almost every box of 5 that i got had one dud in it,that seriously made me want to switch tanks.

This week i will be teaching my computer repair guy on how build an RTA.
Got a clone of a JuggerKnot Mini RTA that i will just give him so he can get started,he repairs/builds computers and also repairs smartphones so i have no doubt he will pick it up in no time.

Personally i am done with RTAs,unless i get one for review purposes i don't see myself going back any time soon,good riddance...the wicking,oh god the wicking!!!
Yeah hard pass,life has been so much better and stress free since i use drop in coils hehe.

supermanrs0226

Jan 12, 2023

When I started my vaping journey I got the geekvape Zeus sub ohm tank on day 1 lol. I love the tank it is an awesome tank. I have no complaints it never leaked on me. Never had any coil issues either. The closest thing I have to a con for it is that it was a bit of a juice hog. But it was worth it for the amazing flavor you got from it. With the help of the Zeus sub ohm tank paired with the geekvape aegis x mod I have not smoking a single cigarette in 2 months almost 3 months in a few days.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    @Javichu ....Nothing wrong with using sub ohm tanks for sure....... With all the reviews you do I don't think you are being lazy........

Like yourself, I am also sick of doing coils and wicking. Been doing it for years...... But with that said, I still am not much of a sub ohm tank user..... I do own several sub ohm tanks but the coil heads for a couple of them are $$pendy buggers.....

I have a mid to high wattage tank (40 - 80 watts) that uses the Freemax coil heads.... I also love the flavor coming off of those coils..

I also have a HUGE high power tank (Smok TFV18 mini) and it also has excellent flavor. The problem with the Smok tank is that the coil heads are so HUGE that they are literally the size of entire tanks made by other manufacturers.... They are also very expensive.....

So, on ocassions, i will pop a coil head into one of them and use it for a week or two but for the most part I usually use a rebuildable atty even though I am tired of building on them.... I am allergic to purchasing coil heads LOL, especially the huge ones in my tanks.....

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    @Javichu ....Nothing wrong with using sub ohm tanks for sure....... With all the reviews you do I don't think you are being lazy........

Like yourself, I am also sick of doing coils and wicking. Been doing it for years...... But with that said, I still am not much of a sub ohm tank user..... I do own several sub ohm tanks but the coil heads for a couple of them are $$pendy buggers.....

I have a mid to high wattage tank (40 - 80 watts) that uses the Freemax coil heads.... I also love the flavor coming off of those coils..

I also have a HUGE high power tank (Smok TFV18 mini) and it also has excellent flavor. The problem with the Smok tank is that the coil heads are so HUGE that they are literally the size of entire tanks made by other manufacturers.... They are also very expensive.....

So, on ocassions, i will pop a coil head into one of them and use it for a week or two but for the most part I usually use a rebuildable atty even though I am tired of building on them.... I am allergic to purchasing coil heads LOL, especially the huge ones in my tanks.....

I have noticed i spend a tad more with the drop in coils but i am lucky i live in Spain,here we have festivities all year round.
    Like now for example:

21% discount just because its the local festivities of the province of Andalucia (where the chain store is located),when i see discounts like that i just stock up.
    2 boxes of 5 coils and i save almost 8 euros,so yeah i always keep my eye out for those juicy discounts.

Don't miss the days of RTAs at all,might have to practice thou because maybe Sourcemore is sending me the Meson RTA and i gotta record and upload a video of it,that will sure be something funny to watch lol.

Today i have been using all 3 sub ohm tanks i have and i still choose the Hellbeast 2 over the UFORCE-L and the Aspire Atlantis GT.
    The coils for both of those are a tad better than the GTi from Vaporesso but they just have too many small cons (personal ones,not performance wise) that it makes me just want to stick with the Hellbeast 2.
    It's solid,good flavor from the GTi coils and easy refill with the good ol' twist the top and refill system.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I have noticed i spend a tad more with the drop in coils but i am lucky i live in Spain,here we have festivities all year round.
    Like now for example:

21% discount just because its the local festivities of the province of Andalucia (where the chain store is located),when i see discounts like that i just stock up.
    2 boxes of 5 coils and i save almost 8 euros,so yeah i always keep my eye out for those juicy discounts.

That is awesome! Wished I could find deals like that around here :)

Don't miss the days of RTAs at all,might have to practice thou because maybe Sourcemore is sending me the Meson RTA and i gotta record and upload a video of it,that will sure be something funny to watch lol.

It's funny you mention that because my next pick for a single coil RTA is the Meson..... I like the general design and machining of Steam Crave tanks.... From all I have heard, the Meson is a good little single coil tank. I suppose I will find out soon enough :)

Today i have been using all 3 sub ohm tanks i have and i still choose the Hellbeast 2 over the UFORCE-L and the Aspire Atlantis GT.
    The coils for both of those are a tad better than the GTi from Vaporesso but they just have too many small cons (personal ones,not performance wise) that it makes me just want to stick with the Hellbeast 2.
    It's solid,good flavor from the GTi coils and easy refill with the good ol' twist the top and refill system.

I have not used the Hellbeast tank but I do know a bit about it........... Yeah that Smok tank of mine uses 140 watts coil heads and they are purely for cloud chucking. The flavor is also good it's just that you have to have the wattage cranked up quite a bit..... Definitely not a tank for low wattage vapers LOL........ I never intended upon getting the Smok tank it's just that it happened to come with a mod that I purchased.

Reactions: gloopdegurp
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread