Stress and analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyJon

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2014
USA RVA
Ok so today is day 5 with no analogs which I'm proud of myself for that. But usually when a major stress hits and I have quit analogs I can't handle and go running for a pack and smoke most, but I can say honestly I had a very major stressful situation happen yesterday afternoon and still continuing and only getting worse, but the excellent news I have not reverted back to even one analog for this I got to say is huge and I'm very proud of myself right now. And I'm not a arrogant person at all just saying vaping really has been a blessing to me!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Ok so today is day 5 with no analogs which I'm proud of myself for that. But usually when a major stress hits and I have quit analogs I can't handle and go running for a pack and smoke most, but I can say honestly I had a very major stressful situation happen yesterday afternoon and still continuing and only getting worse, but the excellent news I have not reverted back to even one analog for this I got to say is huge and I'm very proud of myself right now. And I'm not a arrogant person at all just saying vaping really has been a blessing to me!

Just do the best you can! No guilt! I understand what you're saying because the day I got my first kit, my mother-in-law was having a biopsy for cancer, and we spent all day at the hospital. I had (and still have) another family member who is desperately ill, and other stress too. (Let's just say last year was a royal ....-kicking.)

Still, I was able to mostly vape with maybe 3-4 analogs instead of the 2 packs I would have smoked. Within a few days, I wasn't smoking at all.

Please think of how much you're not smoking during this time of stress, and not smoking will be a breeze when things calm down for you.

RAAng

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
PA
I can offer my limited experience with this, YMMV. I've been vaping and cig free for 22 days and found it fairly easy to leave cigarettes. I'm on a fairly low level of nicotine that is working for me. Twice I have had a stressor come up (nothing earthshaking). My brain goes on high alert - beep, beep, STRESSOR, beep, beep, I NEED A CIGARETTE AND I NEED IT NOW. My response to my brain - That is bull****, you have enough nicotine and you can vape. You THINK you need a cigarette, because in the past stress equals reaching for a cigarette. It's a learned response, it has nothing to do with addiction. You aren't getting a cigarette, you're getting this nice vape." It has worked for me so far.

Now, at 22 days cig free I'm not under the delusion that if tragedy suddenly wiped out my family I could stay the course without cigarettes. But I feel like I am starting to unlearn the stress = cigarette conditioning. It's a process.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The stress <=> cigarette thing doesn't have to be an automatic problem for people who are vaping. It is for some people though. I've gone through three major life stressors since I started vaping - right up there as a "one" and a "three" on that scale used to rate these things - and going back to smoking wasn't even considered this time. Didn't even cross my mind.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Now I keep an emergency bottle of high nic (24 mg) ejuice on hand for those super stressors. My wife's step mom passed a couple of weeks ago and I was more concerned for her than stressed for me, but all she did was to hand me her hypertank (6ml I think) and ask for something stronger. Later that day I was filling one of my tanks and I though of what she had said and it came to mind. The transformation is complete. We are no longer smokers. It was and is a good feeling.

DirtyJon

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2014
USA RVA
Thank you everyone I was really sure how I would deal/ cope when I decided to stop analog and straight to vaping. But the past is the past and just part the change and do got to say I like it. Analogs no longer have power over me.
Bonus I decided to do a little DIY test and actually got it spot on first time and looking to be my second all day juice. Have had hard time and had only all day love ejuice so now having 2 is awesome! What a reward :)

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Crosby, Texas, United States
Great job!

I share a similar experience. =]

I was rear-ended by a drunk/high driver going about 50-60 when I was stopped in the early stages of my transition. I was taken by ambulance when I realized my blu was still in the car. All in all.. I WANTED that cigarette. And despite being driven home by two smoking family members I made it home to my back up blu and am happy to say I didn't cave! I am now 6 months free of cigarettes!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Congratulations and well done, DirtyJon! No doubt about it, stress becomes a nearly irresistible trigger for wanting a cig. When I tried to quit before trying vaping, like clockwork, some big stress would happen. And I'd tell myself I couldn't quit with that going on. I'd just wait until things settled down - but then they never did. I did realize though that the stories we tell ourselves make life harder, like the one about how I *need* a cig when I'm stressed. Fiction.

When my daughter was recently hospitalized about a month after I quit, I vaped through it. And when I found myself thinking of having a cig, I told myself that then I'd just be stressed AND stinky. :) With a bad taste in my mouth.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Much congrats to your determination. It does get easier. I still keep a higher nic juice around for "emergencies". Good luck to you and welcome to ecf. Not only can you find out about anything here, get help for experienced vapers but this deal comes with all the support you cn handle too. ecf is just a wonderful place to be. Good luck to you and I just know I'm gonna be reading about your future vaping success. :toast:

Clark F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Tempe, AZ
I know exactly what you mean Jon, today I'm vaping like crazy today. Got some cappuccino juice in the mail yesterday and it tastes like feet smell. Loaded up some halo juice to get me through. Keep at it the best you can. If we can make it another week I think we'll be done with the cigarettes. Hang in there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread