Strawberry - Waxy, plastic taste.. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida
Just had a local shop mix me up some 80%VG 20%PG 18mg Strawberry. It tastes like plastic melted in a bottle... it's not even sort of vapeable... The vape is very hot to the tongue, the mouth feel is gritty, vapor production is less than my 50/50 mixes and there is a SLIGHT undertone of kinda-strawberry The shop told me the reason it tasted like that was because of the amount of VG and that anything mixed with that much VG would have that taste. I find it hard to believe, but they are very persistent. I just placed a $50.00 order on MBV for all 80/20 VG-PG juices because I desire more vapor, and less TH - Will my flavor suffer THIS badly? and I'm afraid that they will all taste like garbage due to the mixture. Does VG really make the flavor taste that bad?

I am getting much better with everything else, but liquid is still something I'm learning about. (you'll be seeing me here more often :D)

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I don't think so.

I don't vape high VG but I accidently ordered high VG once and it didn't taste like that to me. As a matter of fact, it tastes pretty close to the high PG but without as much throat hit and I thought the draw was a bit harder. As far as taste, if it was different, I really didn't notice it.

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida
I vape all or almost all vg blends and haven't had this issue at all. If your local shop says all vg has this problem perhaps it's more that all THEIR vg has this problem (i.e. maybe they're using old vg for mixing).

Set it aside and let it steep; maybe a miracle will happen?

I'm gonna let it steep for a couple months in a dark closet and hope one day I'll unearth a miracle - but that makes me feel better. Do you notice a lot more thickness to your vapor when using mostly VG over PG. Looking for lush thick clouds :D

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida
Do you know anything about the store? Is there a date on the bottle? Maybe that's the problem, could be old.

She mixed it up for me in the shop and put it in an unmarked bottle.

LOL As soon as I posted I realized what MBV stood for. :D

Oh well, it's good for newbies or clueless people like me to use the name.

Haha it's okay! Isn't MBV great!

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
I'm gonna let it steep for a couple months in a dark closet and hope one day I'll unearth a miracle - but that makes me feel better. Do you notice a lot more thickness to your vapor when using mostly VG over PG. Looking for lush thick clouds :D
YES, and I'm spoiled! I got a sample of 80/20 PG/VG from MBV with my last order and while it tastes just fine, I kept thinking I was doing it wrong because there were no clouds :laugh:

Some might need to steep for full flavor, but I'm assuming the flavors you bought were those you've already tried just in the different ratio...

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Oh, so steeping really might help. Maybe you could transfer it into a glass bottle. I vaped so much strawberry when first started vaping, I think I OD'd on the stuff. Now I'm onto the other fruits.

I've never tried MBV but have heard good things. I really only order one or two liquids now and try to DIY. I'm not excellent at it, but it's cheaper.

Motek777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I just placed a $50.00 order on MBV for all 80/20 VG-PG juices because I desire more vapor, and less TH - Will my flavor suffer THIS badly? and I'm afraid that they will all taste like garbage due to the mixture. Does VG really make the flavor taste that bad?

I am getting much better with everything else, but liquid is still something I'm learning about. (you'll be seeing me here more often :D)

No flavor will not suffer:) I vape MBV 70% VG 30% Distilled water & they are great. You can always add flavor shots too:D

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida
YES, and I'm spoiled! I got a sample of 80/20 PG/VG from MBV with my last order and while it tastes just fine, I kept thinking I was doing it wrong because there were no clouds :laugh:

Some might need to steep for full flavor, but I'm assuming the flavors you bought were those you've already tried just in the different ratio...

Well they are all new flavors (I'm addicted to trying new ones :p) but I am glad to hear! I use a Sigelei Z max and have fun trying new wattage to find different sweet spots :D
There is no saving this one. I wanna say I wish you could try it to see for yourself, but I wouldn't let my worst enemy vape this... It's that bad.. The guy even suggested it was my mod/tank... Not likely.

Oh, so steeping really might help. Maybe you could transfer it into a glass bottle. I vaped so much strawberry when first started vaping, I think I OD'd on the stuff. Now I'm onto the other fruits.

I've never tried MBV but have heard good things. I really only order one or two liquids now and try to DIY. I'm not excellent at it, but it's cheaper.

I too am learning the fine art of DIY, but I have to say I'm a little nervous because I'm not much of an alchemist.. lol

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Maybe buy a bottle of strawberry flavoring and add some if it's not strong enough. Bottles of flavoring are pretty cheap.

I bought a strawberry and it had no taste at all when I got it. I think I might have even written to the supplier. They told me to let it steep for about 3 weeks and it really was much better.

daddytwigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2012
New Hampshire
I think you'll chalk this experience as "never again", or something like that. Any vendor that tries to feed you a line like that, well...
Whenever I try a new vendor, I put their business card on one of those business card magnets.and in my metal tool box, where I keep my vaping stuff, I have two columns of cards stuck to the bottom of the drawer.One column is for positive experience. The other is for vendors I'd deal with again when hell freezes over. So far, I've been lucky. Only one in the "frozen hell" column.
Don't let this discourage you. there are so many good vendors out there. Don't waste your time with those folks.

Last edited:

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida
Maybe buy a bottle of strawberry flavoring and add some if it's not strong enough. Bottles of flavoring are pretty cheap.

I bought a strawberry and it had no taste at all when I got it. I think I might have even written to the supplier. They told me to let it steep for about 3 weeks and it really was much better.

Eh It won't be worth it to me to buy a flavor shot - She spiked it pretty good. I think there stuff was just janky to begin with.. At least I'm only out 6$... I guess.. :glare:

Motek777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I added 2-4 shots to each of them! :D

How do you like the Distilled water mixture over PG? Does it do anything for you that PG didn't?

I like TONS of vapor & little to no TH so for me it's perfect & it wicks great in everything I have tried so far. waiting on my Mini Vivi & hoping it works with it.

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida
I like TONS of vapor & little to no TH so for me it's perfect & it wicks great in everything I have tried so far. waiting on my Mini Vivi & hoping it works with it.

I like TONS of vapor and taste, TH is not a big factor for me. but I am not against it. Maybe I'll order a couple bottles of a flavor I already like and see how it does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread