strange taste in mouth after vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndChoice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Ventura,CA
I figured this was the appropriate section to post this question. hoping a vape vet can answer this.
using a protank 2 with the 2.5 ohm coils (5 pack not free ones in box) the last 24 hours i have noticed this film like material on my tongue and roof of mouth and what feels like a scratch at the back of the throat and it only hurts when drinking any liquids. am i vaping way too much??? LOL i just added a brand new 2.5ohm coil and now i can taste the juice but still have that off taste from whatever is coated din mouth and that sharp stabbing on the roof of the back of the throat. no chest pains no problems breathing, am i getting sick :facepalm:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well, you might be vaping too much, but there's probably a different explanation.

What are your vaping? PG/VG ratio? Nic level?

Some (lucky few :laugh:) have issues with PG, some with VG. I find anything more than about 60/40 PG/VG "coats" the back of my throat and, depending on the flavor it's ok or not.

Too high a nic level could cause irritation, and too low can lead to vaping too much for your system.

Maybe switch to a different ratio and flavor for a bit and see it it goes away?

Or maybe just the air in Ventura?? :blink:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I agree with David. I can't use high VG eliquids myself because of that 'filmy' sensation it leaves in my my mouth, but I've never had scratchy throat or pain. Without knowing exactly what you're vaping, it's hard to answer your question.

However, we have a health forum where you may actually have a conversation with other vapers and maybe get some answers.

Also, you may want to read this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread