Storm Tank Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
As promised, here are some pics demonstrating the replacing of the CE2 cart for the Storm tank.

The tank consists of 2 tubes press fit into each other so, to remove the old CE2, screw the cart onto a small battery, or use a pencil with eraser, (anything smaller than the tube will work) push gently and remove the cart through the top of the tube.

Once it's out, you'll see the small tube attached to the bottom of the CE2 cart. This is the tube you'll need for the new CE2.

You should now have 3 pieces consisting of a large tube, a small tube and a new CE2.

IMG_20110101_084248-1.jpg

Now slip the small piece of tube onto the new CE2. The pg helps with this also. It is a TIGHT fit!

IMG_20110101_084351.jpg

Next, take the large tube and find the small end. Insert the small end over the top of the new CE2. Align it as straight as possible and push it over the base of the CE2 with the small tube.
I use a washer to keep the tubes perfectly aligned. If you're not careful, you'll shove the small tube too far down into the threads. I put the threads through the hole in the washer while pushing the tube over the top of the cart until both tubes hit the washer. Here's a few pics of the washer to help.

IMG_20110101_084448.jpg

IMG_20110101_084817.jpg

IMG_20110101_084832.jpg

IMG_20110101_084420.jpg

If you have any problems with the small tube, it's standard 17/16 X 15/16 vinyl tubing from Ace Hardware or PM me and I'll send a few pieces out to you.
I had the washer laying around, the hole measures 5/16 inches or it just needs to be small enough for the threads to go through but not much larger in order to keep it all from going through the hole.

I hope this all makes sense, let me know if you have any questions, I'm here to help. The idea was to build something that holds more juice and be able to have the CE2 be replaceable at a reasonable cost to you.

I do not remove the tube to clean and dry burn. I simply rinse the tube out with warm water, dry the wicks with a paper towel, (with a flip of the wrist, the wicks come out the top or pull them out with your tweezers), perform the dry burn, refill and vape away.

To replace the top, place the mouthpiece through the black washer, work it onto the ceramic cup and work your way around the washer until it's seated inside the tube.

IMG_20101227_182110.jpg

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks
Stormi

Last edited:

burnsmary95

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Portland
I had to try this, only difference is, I cut my regular size CE2 about 1/2" from the threaded end, instead of tapping out the inside and fitting it into another sleeve, I just left mine intact, and used a pipe cutter. It was a tight fit, but once I got it inside the plastic tube (cut 3ml syringe) , it was in there, and so far no leaks! It hits like a champ!! Something is very satisfying about using something you build yourself. :vapor:

Attachments

• DSCN5152.jpg
    DSCN5152.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
Hi,

I just rec'd my storm ce2 2.8 ohm yesterday from COV yesterday. I'm using it on a 3.7v box mod. I wanted to make sure I filled it up correctly.
(1) Remove black washer
(2) fill in juice right below the white ceramic cup
(3) insert mouth piece into black washer
(4) insert mouth piece onto the ceramic cup? (so that means the mouthpiece covers up the ceramic cup right)
(5) insert black washer into the tube.

I noticed alittle leaking on the bottom of the tube (nothing major) when I try to insert the black washer on the tube. Is this normal? Am I doing anything wrong? It seems like it's not leaking no more once the black washer is in place.

Is the mouth piece suppose to go on the ceramic cup? (after fitting it in, then the white ceramic cup won't be seen) My lips gets alittle hot sometimes when I vape on the mouth piece. Is it because it's right on the ceramic cup? Can I use a drip tip? I try inserting my 510 drip tip, but I was afraid to push it all the way in, since it's not flexible like the mouth piece I get with the storm. So It wouldn't go on to the ceramic cup. I don't really like the feel of the mouth piece, any other choices I can consider?

Also I did see on the COV thread that they will be coming out w/ the mini tank mods. Are the tanks easier to fill? I got alittle messy with the storm, as it's my first time using them. The first fill I had all the juice leaked on me (my mistake). As I was pushing the washer into the tube, juice leaked all over on the bottom. The 2nd time, I filled the juice on the battery (not sure is it a good idea) but then, it seems like the battery is preventing the bottom of the tube to slide down more as I try to insert the black washer. So less leak. Just wondering would I kill my battery if I keep refilling like this?

Oh also if I wanted to replace the CE2, besides the precut ones. Is this what I need to get and cut myself?
510 E2 XL Cartomizer - Ceramic -Black v4 2.8 ohm
Thanks for reading :D

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Yes, the black tip will cover the ceramic cup. If you allow juice to go into the air tube in the middle it will leak at the bottom. You can try a 306 drip tip, but it doesn't seal it, it will leak through the drip tip if you lay it down. What ohm did you get and what volt battery are you using?
I don't think the 510 drip tip will fit in the black washer. I've tried it and it's pretty flimsy.
You can use a pipe cutter and cut your own. One thing you can try also, if you cut one, use the left over tube as an extension to cool it. Put the rubber seal over the cup, put the tube through the washer and over the rubber seal. The will keep it from being so hot.
Hope this helps.

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
Thanks Storm for answering my concerns.
I'm using a 3.7v box mod and I purchased the storm 2.8 ohm.
I might try the 306 drip tip I guess since I don't have any pipe cutter or anything to make my own tip. One more thing, I'm still using the mouth piece that came with the storm ce2 2.8ohm, I notice once in awhile i'm getting alittle juice in my mouth. Not alot, but alittle. It's not the vapor as it's not sweet or anything, it kinda of sting my mouth, so I think it's juice. Anyway I can try to avoid that? I have it vertical postion most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread