Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I store mine in a dark cabinet at room temp. I know VG can go rancid but not sure how long it would take or under what conditions it may happen. I buy by the gallon and have had it stored like this for the last year or so with no noticeable degradation in color, odor or taste.

I don't freeze it for several reasons, first it would take up too much room in my freezer, sceond it severely slows down the proper mixing of nic/flavors into solution and lastly VG at lower temps is a bear to measure and dispense accurately.

Looking forward to seeing if anyone else has more info on this as well, thanks for posting.

Reactions: Fishcakes

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yep - nic in freezer, PG & VG in a box (old unused cooler) in the basement, where it's cool and dark. I also try to keep as little air as possible in the bottles with it all (oxidation is never your friend), so I pour it into smaller bottles to the top. That way, only my current "working" bottles have any appreciable air in them.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I buy my PG and VG by the gallon, when I open a gallon, I dispense them into 22oz brown glass bottles and seal with a crown cap. I store them in a cupboard. Nic in the freezer, let it come to room temp before opening!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
There is still nic in the freezer, but I haven't used it for nearly 2 years. Lots of VG, some PG, lots of premade joose and large bottles of flavor concentrate are all in the refrigerator. I try to buy in 500ml, liter and gallon sizes, but some I can only get in 2, 4 or 8 ounce bottles. I break down the larger containers into 4 and 8 ounce amber Boston glass I print labels for with no air trapped in them before going into cold storage. Each product is used from a single 4 ounce bottle, then another one until I get two of them emptied, clean and refill them from an 8 ounce bottle. So for any product only one bottle is being used from full to empty to cut down on oxidation. The 4 ounce fill the 30ml and 60ml bottles on my desk that I use to refill Reo bottles with. Those are the only ones not in cold storage. I have no problem with even the cold VG... I just let it sit out for a while before transfers to other bottles or for extracting flavors. With several thousand ml's of premade on hand plus all the other liquid supplies, they do take up all of the shelves in the door and in the back of all the other shelves in my fridge. A non issue since I don't keep much food on hand except lots of fresh vegetables and fruit (some of that I freeze for smoothies and blasts). With only one mouth to feed I don't get too serious about cooking anymore, have mostly a raw food diet until I run out then just order food in until I get to food shopping again.

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
Ive got about 5 liters of 100mg nic base(vg) in a mini freezer in the bedroom and my vg is just next to the freezer double bagged. I only keep about 500ml of vg at a time, so i dont worry about breakdown too much

Smoke Juice Storage Tips | E-Cigarette Forum

:thumb: this threads got all the info youll ever need. Hes a freaking chemist guys!

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
For very long term storage (a year or more) VG could be stored in a fridge or freezer, with a working stock bottle kept at room temp that is cycled fairly regularly. If I had the fridge or freezer space that is what I'd do. But I figure I'm vaping about a gallon a year so it isn't a huge issue. I do the same with a 30ml bottle of 100mg nic. It's probably better or just a lateral move to leave a small working stock of nic in a cool cabinet than to constantly chill and rewarm it.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I buy 100mg nic in a pg solution. I shake it up for a good 5 minutes and transfer to small glass bottles that I bubble wrap and put in the deep freeze. I pull a bottle out when needed and store it in a cupboard. My PG and VG I buy in smaller volumes and just keep those in a cupboard.

Just a piece of advise. Before mixing a recipe, shake that nicotine bottle really REALLY well. I believe the nicotine settles to the bottom. As a beginner I made up a recipe from and almost empty nicotine bottle and it gave me wild heart palpitations. I was not shaking the bottle enough before drawing nic out and I believe my nicotine level was WAY too high and concentrated at the bottom.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Ive got about 5 liters of 100mg nic base(vg) in a mini freezer in the bedroom and my vg is just next to the freezer double bagged. I only keep about 500ml of vg at a time, so i dont worry about breakdown too much

Smoke Juice Storage Tips | E-Cigarette Forum

:thumb: this threads got all the info youll ever need. Hes a freaking chemist guys!

That is the exact thread where I got the info from when I decided to go long term. I've since moved on from any small mouth bottles cause I ain't into syringing, funneling or spilling nic base when I break down larger glass containers into smaller glass jars.

Once I break into a liter it goes into smaller glass jars and all nic base remains in the freezer until I take out one of the smaller jars (they're like 3 or 4 oz) to dilute with VG. Once out of the freezer it will reman in a dark vape stuff drawer until it's gone - several months or more.

My most recent nic purchases were in 100mg then 200mg in 100% pg. this gets diluted into what I vape with 100% VG resulting in a final product that is 90-95 % VG :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I buy 100mg nic in a pg solution. I shake it up for a good 5 minutes and transfer to small glass bottles that I bubble wrap and put in the deep freeze. I pull a bottle out when needed and store it in a cupboard. My PG and VG I buy in smaller volumes and just keep those in a cupboard.

Just a piece of advise. Before mixing a recipe, shake that nicotine bottle really REALLY well. I believe the nicotine settles to the bottom. As a beginner I made up a recipe from and almost empty nicotine bottle and it gave me wild heart palpitations. I was not shaking the bottle enough before drawing nic out and I believe my nicotine level was WAY too high and concentrated at the bottom.

The chemist at wizard labs told me that nic will rise to the top. So yes, shaking before batching is imperative.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
SuperX, I think you mentioned spice jars from maybe bed bath and beyond in one of your vids. Is this correct?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Yes, they are what I use.
Here's a pic :)
image.jpg

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Does anyone feel its safe to stash a liter of 100 mg. nic in its original plastic container in the freezer?
It is generally believed that glass is a better long term storage container. Plastic can leach into the liquid and leak air and humidity. So they say.

On the flip side, dropping a frosty liter bottle of 100mg nic that splatters all over your kitchen might get you a bit rattled, to say the least. So perhaps plastic is safer and some advocate plastic for that reason.

I use glass. I put my half liter and smaller glass bottles in zip lock bags and if I have an oops I hope those zip lock bags hold.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
I spoke with someone at Ecigexpress who told me their nic base plastic bottles can be stored in the freezer. The plastic is thicker than what my PG&VG comes in. Not sure if it's true though but am going to give it a shot. I also bought a spice bottle at Bed Bath and Beyond for the nic base I store in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread