Stopped by the Cops. Mini's have their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
Oh yeah, I've seen plenty of those little weed one hitters. Looks exactly like my KR808d-1 I have sitting in my kitchen. I see nothing wrong with what happened and if you have nothing to hide, what's the big deal. It's not like he was assaulted. Big whoop. So he had his hands on his head. Boy, that must have scarred him for life. Sure, there are some police who are shady, but if you're doing nothing wrong, most of the time they are very reasonable people. And oh yeah, this might come as a shocker to a few of you but they are not robots. They are HUMAN! So unless you have never made a mistake before in your life, don't be so quick to judge someone else cuz in the words of Bob Marley, "Judge not", "Cuz someone else is judging you".

Seriously, anyone saying otherwise is a hippie.
Get over yourselves! If the cop gave him a hard time, that's a completely different story - but as a hundred others have said, asking someone to interlace their hands FOR THEIR OWN PROTECTION is not a big deal!

Didn't your mother ever tell you? Better to be safe then sorry.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Some are making a big deal out of this. It was a very polite and calm experience. I've been stopped many times on the road, and some situations were not pleasant.

If he had a Taser pointed at me, I would have been upset.

PS. I just received my second e-mail from a Los Alameda cop asking for e-cig information.

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
It's so cool that they're emailing you for info! I know a lot of police officers smoke, and who can blame them, they have uber stressful jobs. More of them switching over to PVs would be great. Then they'd know what we're doing and won't have to stop us to ask, and they'll be healthier and more able to do their jobs. Plus, can you picture hundreds of police officers showing up to protest if they do try to ban them. Maybe we should all pass the word to our local police forces :).

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
A couple of things...

First thing: A couple of guys pulled up next to me in a car at a stoplight a few days ago and were laughing and pointing at me. So I looked over and they asked me if I was working a smokeless pipe, which looks somewhat like a cigarette from a distance and is used by smokers of mostly illegal herbal products.

Second thing: I've seen a picture of Jim Davis, and you'd have to be insane to think he was doing drugs of any kind, even if he were blowing out clouds of smoke in the middle of a "coffee shop" in Amsterdam.

Third thing: Yeah, Los Alamitos, okay, it makes SOME sense now.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
Sounds like an umpleasant, yet tame, experience Jim Davis. Reasonable search and seizure is an acceptable police procedure from everything that ive known, its the unreasonable ones that are unconstitutional and questionable at best. That is why in public situations I tend to use my white 510 w/red led or 901's in place of my Prodigy :). Thanks for sharing that experience, I always wondered what a similar experience would be like since I got my mod.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Sounds like an umpleasant, yet tame, experience Jim Davis. Reasonable search and seizure is an acceptable police procedure from everything that ive known, its the unreasonable ones that are unconstitutional and questionable at best. That is why in public situations I tend to use my white 510 w/red led or 901's in place of my Prodigy :). Thanks for sharing that experience, I always wondered what a similar experience would be like since I got my mod.

Now, I use my 510 for Public Vaping.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Relaxing in Front of the Best Western Hotel in Los Alamitos, CA, when a Police car pulled in. I was asked to interlace my hands on my head. I put my Nocostick in my shirt pocket and complied. He held my hands, and said I was not being arrested, only detained because of a question. He took my Nicostick from my pocket, and asked what this device was.

To make a long story short, he was familiar with E-cigs, but thought I may be doing drugs with my little black box. After I opened it, and explained the "device", showed him the battery connector, and atomizer, he apologized and explained how he thought it may be a drug device. We talked for a few minutes, and he took my e-mail address to pass along to his "smoking" friends.

I have my 510 packed now for use in open public areas. Watch the mods when the cops are around.
Hehehehe, This is funny Jim, I am always wondering how long it will be before i got the old "hold it right there mister, Don't move" thing happen to me. I suspect that if the man sees a unfimilar device glowing in the dark that would be grounds for stopage. I have had a few double takes but never had this happen. Glad the cop was cool. He could have made it a very long day for you. Hope your doing well,
Paul

Not only that, Deadcat, Homeland Security has me on a terrorist watch list. I have to be cleared every time I fly, which is 2 to 4 times a week. Go figure, Huh?

When was the last time you saw a White, Fat, Bald Terrorist?

I have to ask how did you manage that? And how did you find out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread