Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
I don't know if this belongs here or in health/wellness, but here goes:

I've found some tasty juices, but it seems anything with a pastry/vanilla/butter element to it gives me a stomachache/nausea. Sad since I love the taste of HHV's waffle and AiV's Lemon Loves Cake. A first I could vape them for 15 mins or so before I started feeling unwell, but now just sampling something with similar elements gives my stomach a Pavlovian response. if I switch to one of my strictly fruit flavors, I'm fine pretty quick.
Anyone have a similar reaction or know what in the flavoring could be making me sick? I'll be staying far away from them from now on but I'm bummed since I love the dessert juices!

Sent from down a rabbit hole using Tapatalk.

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
Maybe the nic is a little too high? I know that sometimes when the nic is too high for a person people tend to get headaches and nausea.

it's not the nicotine since I'm vaping all 18mg and if I switch to one of my fruit-only flavors I feel better fairly quickly.

I did find an old thread on here regarding the possible toxicity of vanillin so maybe I'm just hypersensitive to it. suppose I'll just have to stay away from the desserts.

Sent from down a rabbit hole using Tapatalk.

Engraced

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
AK-Rowdy, Ohio
There is talk of the vanillin and the toxicity. I know I can't stomach the stuff even in small amounts in food, which is why I make my own vanillla (bottle of vodka, handful of beans split down the center), but I don't know if you can vape homemade vanilla (and not really sure I'd try). Perhaps someone around here has more info on vaping filtered, REAL vanilla extract? The stuff I make is CRAZY strong (like, I use a quarter of what the recipe calls for), so maybe a drop of that wouldn't be harmful?

Read through this thread and see if it helps you: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-grail-has-finally-been-found-happyvaper.html

As for butter flavors, the two main components that make things taste like butter (eg. movie popcorn, margarine, and even some eliquids), diacetyl and acetoin, give me headaches and make me feel nauseous. If what you're vaping contains one of those, it's possible that could be causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread