Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
@tgs3 I too have dreams of smoking, even though I still smoke. You didn't, so all good there, right!
@United States wish I'd read your rant! Can't even imagine what some stateside are going through with the natural and political catastrophes going on in your country. Stand strong, and vape on

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
@tgs3 I too have dreams of smoking, even though I still smoke. You didn't, so all good there, right!
@United States wish I'd read your rant! Can't even imagine what some stateside are going through with the natural and political catastrophes going on in your country. Stand strong, and vape on

I don't recall smoking in my dreams. Actually, I'm not sure if I dream in color either.
I figure when I do stop smoking I'll probably have dreams with cigarette subject matter at times because on occasion I still have dreams with drugs and alcohol in them even though I've been sober for nearly 20 years. Dreams about catching up with old friends who say "awe c'mon man, just one will be ok".

The rant was about rude neighbors and how I wanted to go about paying them back for turning on generators and leaving home because the sound keeps them from sleeping. After a couple of weeks of turning the other cheek I had a temper tantrum with my keyboard.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Welcome to the safe haven for the rest of us.

I truly think there are more of us dual users than the rest of the forum lets on.

It's a struggle, for real. It's hard; it's crazy-making; it's exasperating to be one of those that picks up a vape and doesn't "accidentally" quit. Quitting is hard work. The physical is tough; the mental aspect is ridiculously difficult.

Hang in there and touch base with us! We don't bite, and we're usually a chatty bunch in here. Not just about smoking or dual using, but just life stuff. After all, life stuff is what trips us up, right?
Im popping back in after a ecf break. Im still dual using, life just got really busy for me so i took a break from most forums. How is everyone? What is everyone's setup? I feel so out of the loop gear wise. I just saw they have a hybrid tank now, it's has mtl option and subohm coils... What in deheezy! Lol.

Salt nics? Coiless tanks? I wasn't gone for years but it feels like it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Im popping back in after a ecf break.

Welcome home!

I just saw they have a hybrid tank now, it's has mtl option and subohm coils... What in deheezy! Lol.

Well there was the eGo ONE tank that claimed to be 'the one vape for everyone' some years ago. Had stock coil heads from .2 to 1 ohm. Had a rebuildable head that many built to 1.5-1.8. Had a devoted following on here for some time. I have about 8 of them now retired to my stash since I returned to MTL. While many users do MTL with them I couldn't. Even with AFC fully closed they're to airy for me.

What is everyone's setup?

My current ADV is the Vaporesso Renova Zero Pod system. I've always been about keeping my vape as small as possible. For me this is the perfect combination of size, convenience, performance and capacity of both tank and battery. 2ml/650 mAh refill and recharge once daily. Oh, and has auto temp control.

IMG_20181030_142635.jpg

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
38955370-1617-4DA8-B54B-2AD100D15BEC-33079-0000138B2D431125.jpeg
Hi everyone and welcome back @GemInEye! Don't feel alone - I can't keep up with all the new gear either!

Speaking of small devices @Foggy Road - I just picked up a couple of the Aspire Nautilus AIO's. So far (about 4 weeks now) I am really happy with these little things. It has a 4.5ml eliquid capacity and a 1000mAh battery...and it uses the same Nautilus BVC coils that I already have.

PS - that is NOT my hand. Too lazy to take a photo so I borrowed one from the net.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
View attachment 783275 Hi everyone and welcome back @GemInEye! Don't feel alone - I can't keep up with all the new gear either!

Speaking of small devices @Foggy Road - I just picked up a couple of the Aspire Nautilus AIO's. So far (about 4 weeks now) I am really happy with these little things. It has a 4.5ml eliquid capacity and a 1000mAh battery...and it uses the same Nautilus BVC coils that I already have.

PS - that is NOT my hand. Too lazy to take a photo so I borrowed one from the net.

Yeah, I was very tempted by the Aspire Spryte when it first appeared because I had good history with those coils. I was transitioning back from DTL to MTL at the time. But the more I looked at pod systems I just decided to stay away from them. It just seemed to me that every one of them lacked something. Whether it was AFC, variable power, or replaceable coils. Seemed to me it was by design. Surely someone could produce one that had it all IF THEY WANTED TO? I decided I could do better to just dug out my old VV ego/Evod batteries and GS Air tanks, and that's exactly what I did. And I felt they were better that any pod.
Only reason I even tried the Zero is cuz I won it in a giveaway. To be honest, when I first tried it, I took a few puffs and THREW it back at it's box. Way to airy and no AFC! Then I got an idea to block the airflow down to my level. It's been perfect ever since. Much smaller and convenient than my ego setups. First Ccell pod lasted almost a month which puts replacement cost at about $1 a week. So now I'm a happy Pod people, at least as long as the pods remain available.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My wife uses an Innokin EQ that puts out a stronger drag than my Zero. When she vapes with larger gear she prefers a sub-ohm, warmer experience so the 0.5 plexus coil is more to her liking. She does a lightweight direct lung drag as well, but it's pretty good at mouth to lung. I tried it for a few days but found its output to be overwhelming to my light drag style. That and I've never been a big fan of the fire button that requires timing to get that just right production.

I like the cig-a-like, no fire button approach of the Zero Foggy mentioned. On high it puts out a similar vape as the EQ on low, but I find the temp control and the no fire button action to be more to my liking.

Both are similar to a tobacco pipe tip so they feel pretty natural from the start. Oh, there's a slew of other worthy products out there now and more on the way. But my full sized gear is collecting dust since trying the Zero by Vapresso.

I'm still a dual user so the Zero keeps me from chain smoking. I now enjoy a few cigs a day and vape at those 'idle' times when I used to chain smoke. I use a 6ml juice. The high dose salt nics cause me to want to smoke more (as I buzz around in a stooper from all that nicotine).

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I have a whole bunch of devices at this point but leave the house everyday with four eleaf istick minis (10w) and a portable charger. I use my big heavy ones at night with a lower resistance coil and 6mg liquid.
iStick mini? :thumb: Heck I thought you had become a devoted cloud chucker!;)

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
iStick mini? :thumb: Heck I thought you had become a devoted cloud chucker!;)

Nah, I remain a low wattage mtl vaper. I just started using a lower resistance coil (.8) in my Innokin Zenith tank and frankly I like it. Not ready for full on DTL just yet. I still use some of the devices you sent me, but they don't go on the road everyday. Glad to see you back!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Nah, I remain a low wattage mtl vaper. I just started using a lower resistance coil (.8) in my Innokin Zenith tank and frankly I like it. Not ready for full on DTL just yet. I still use some of the devices you sent me, but they don't go on the road everyday. Glad to see you back!
Yeah, was glad to be back for awhile. Good to hear you're doing well tho.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I think that `i am having my last cigarette ever' and it is awful, no flavour just burning sensation.
And a lot of coughing.

When I first joined ecf I was a long time heavy smoker, and I actually loved smoking. So, when people said that if I kept vaping cigarettes would eventually taste terrible. I thought, 'no way' - anti-smoking propaganda. After 7-8 months of dual using, decreasing my cigarette consumption on a regular basis, to my surprise I discovered that they were right. My last cigarette, on May 11, was awful. Took me nine months to get to that point, however.

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
Hello and Happy New Year to everyone.

I am here with tail between legs. Embarrassed and defeated. And ready to put an effort in again.

I notice that the thread is quite quiet. I hope you are all well.

If you guys don't mind, I would love to journal my progress right here on this thread. I would like to come here to write how I am feeling and doing. I need to become accountable to me. Even if I do it alone. I felt lots of hope before when I was writing to you all and I know that I can feel that again even if I am writing to myself. So if anyone visits this page, would you give me permission to just write here on this thread?

I am back to 2-1/2 to 3 packs a day again of real smokes. (chain smoking) I am about to open a new package right now and I want this one package with 20 cigs to last me 24 hours. So today I begin. Right now. (I was going to put this off and start tomorrow but I said 'NO'' to myself) I will begin vaping in between cigarettes to make one pack go 24 hours.

I was hoping to be a full time vapor for my 64 birthday.....but maybe I can do 65 this year. I may have to change my name to 'Hopeful65'!

I sure hope you are all doing well. Love and (hugs) to everyone.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hello and Happy New Year to everyone.

I am here with tail between legs. Embarrassed and defeated. And ready to put an effort in again.

I notice that the thread is quite quiet. I hope you are all well.

If you guys don't mind, I would love to journal my progress right here on this thread. I would like to come here to write how I am feeling and doing. I need to become accountable to me. Even if I do it alone. I felt lots of hope before when I was writing to you all and I know that I can feel that again even if I am writing to myself. So if anyone visits this page, would you give me permission to just write here on this thread?

I am back to 2-1/2 to 3 packs a day again of real smokes. (chain smoking) I am about to open a new package right now and I want this one package with 20 cigs to last me 24 hours. So today I begin. Right now. (I was going to put this off and start tomorrow but I said 'NO'' to myself) I will begin vaping in between cigarettes to make one pack go 24 hours.

I was hoping to be a full time vapor for my 64 birthday.....but maybe I can do 65 this year. I may have to change my name to 'Hopeful65'!

I sure hope you are all doing well. Love and (hugs) to everyone.
    Nice to see you Hopeful.You can write anything you wish. Just as before we can give you support but in the end you have to do this.You have to want to do this.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    That's exactly what we're here for @Hopeful64. First and foremost DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP!
    I've been vaping since 6/2015. Took me 2 weeks to quit... Lasted 3 months. Again in 9/18(?) I quit.... Lasted 2 months. I've never gone back to full time smoking. I might buy a pack once a week or so. Occasionally I'll pickup a pouch of tobacco and papers that will last for months. Still feel a ton better than smoking 2 PAD!
    I know it's depressing to keep reading how folks took one vape and "never looked back". But you'll also read a lot of remarks about quitting for years and then going back, them quitting for years and going back AGAIN. My opinion is many of the "never looked back" folks fit in this category. They already had what it takes to quit, vaping just gave them the little extra they needed to stay quit. Ain't the same for all of us. I go without for days no problem. But always end up having one or two eventually. I don't worry about it anymore.

By the way... I'm 64 also.... SUCKS!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread