Steel Tank for Magoo / Ithaka clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
Long time lurker, and just discovered when I tried to reply to a post in the RBA section that I need to post here - several times - first.

Regarding my intended post, I have a magoo (ithaka clone), and can confirm that the tobeco oddy clone's steel tank will fit the magoo; the magoo tank has three sections, two steel (m/f threaded) and one plastic (m/m threaded). The oddy clone steel tank is m/f threaded, and can replace all but one of the steel sections on the magoo; makes it hold a bit more, and there's plenty of drip tip left over.
EDIT: I'm wrong; it's actually the steel tank from a terminator that worked on my magoo; the tobeco tank isn't what I used. They look similar enough that I mistook which one I had installed on the magoo... Otherwise, the info's right.

Works a treat.

Also, for those looking for cheap ready-wires; the local shop which sells the magoo sells ready-wire at two pieces plus a chunk of poor silica for a buck; that's terrible. venerablevaping.com has killer 705 clones for ~ 4$, and each comes with 15 ready-wires, haven't tested the ohmage but given that it looks like about 1" of 30ga kanthal, somewhere around 1.4? Anyway, the killer clones are functional, so getting the readywire along with just makes it a bonus...
EDIT: had the wrong website listed for the 705 clones, correct one now inserted inline.

For custom readywire res's, SVC all the way.

Other lessons learned in my gear acquisition - the bolt is pretty unreliable in the long run, the bolt clone from FT is worse still (the silver bullet they're both based on is supposed to be better, but haven't tried one), and the roller from atmizoo is bloody awesome; I've stopped using other mods, and will be ordering another. Best expensive buy yet.

Another lesson learned - any genny style RBA becomes dual-coil with judicious application of a drill bit and a tap =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread