Steam Monkey Product Updates and Discussion: Join the Troop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
Hello my fellow primates,

This thread will be specifically for discussion on current products, stock updates, future products, and the like. I will post my shipment updates here, what products I will be carrying and take requests for other items you would like to see in stock.

This is also where I will be discussing an releasing information about my future custom mod line up, so if you're interested in some american made custom devices at a variety of price points, keep an eye out. Early 2013 there will be A LOT more info on this. For now, I'll be discussing what is actually in the store and what's coming up.

Currently Being carried at Vaporizers, Ecigs and Accessories

The Ego Twist 1100mAh in Stainless Steel.
This is my choice for 'new' vapers in general. It gives you a taste of Variable Voltage action and has enough power to get many people through a full day of vaping. It comes as a standalone battery or in a beginners kit which includes charging accessories and a 5pack of Boge 2.0Ω cartomizers.

The Zmax V3 from Sigelei.
Variable Voltage, Variable Watage, 5amp internals, polished stainless steel body, 18650 or dual 18350 batteries... this is, in my opinion the top of the line mod out of china right now. Theres very little you could want that this thing doesn't do. It is being sold currently in a kit form with an 18650 battery charger, 2 18650 batteries, the device itself and a CE4 atomizer in a super spiffy little box ;)

Boge Cartomizers.
In both 2.0Ω and 3.0Ω resistances all in stainless steel (no sticker so they are tank ready) these are again, in my opinion, the premium cartomizer on the market and my go to vape for the last year. I sell them by the 5pack or in a 25pack option for a little savings when you want to stock up.

The Aga-T Rebuildable atomizer.
The Aga RBAs have been some of the best chinese made RBAs. SS constuction (coated brass center post), see through poly tank, two possible configurations with either a horizontal coil for silica/cotton wicks or a vertical coil for SS mesh or other materials, good capacity, easy to rebuild and solid as a rock. When you buy the Aga-T from me you don't just get the RBA, I will also include a section of 28awg, 30awg, and 32awg Kanthal A1 and 2 peices of 316L stainless steel wire mesh, one 400x400 and one 500x500. I'll also toss in a free drip tip so you can actually use the lil guy ;)

Panasonic CGR18650CH flat top batteries, 2250mAh.
As good or better than the AW IMRs in all the tests that have been run. These are solid batteries for your Zmax or other high drain applications.

Nova and Mini Nova style rebuildable Clearomizers.
These are like the Vision ViVi Novas, not vision brand but a really good build quality. There have been some modifications from the supplier that makes these which include a small metal cone in the atomizer head which helps reduce leaking and focuses air flow when you take a hit. they have the air vents for intake down on the connector shaft like the most recent Vision versions and if the testimonies coming in from my customers are to be believed, they vape like a champ :) I'm using these myself and absolutely love em. I have both the regular size and mini versions as well as replaceable heads in the 1.8Ω resistance. Each Nova comes with 3 different resistance heads in the box, 1.8, 2.4, and 2.8.

RBA Supplies!
I carry Kanthal A1 in 28, 30, and 32awg sold in 3ft lengths as well as 12x12" squares of 316L stainless steel mesh in both 400x400 and 500x500 twill weave varieties.

Coming soon!

More nova supplies!
I am restocking the same brand of novas I currently carry but I'm picking up some additional supplies for them.
Metal replacement tanks for the Regular sized novas in Black, Red, Blue, Green, and Silver. These are full replacement tanks, no poly carb or poly pro anywhere to be found. If you're using a harsh juice that eats up most plastics, these are a safe bet for you. Also,if you're just lookin to spice up the look they are quite sharp looking.
PolyCarb replacement tanks for the Minis and Regular size novas in Blue Green, Red, and Smoke tinted.
Additional resistance replacement heads in 1.8, 2.4, and 2.8 Ω.

The Aga S: a smaller version of the Aga-T but with a stainless steel tank and a double o-ring top cap instead of a threaded top cap.

The Igo-L: A dripper style RBA from the folks that make the Aga-T. It's quite a sharp looking device and is about the same diameter as 18650 mods so it looks great sitting on top of a zmax or other similar device!

A new Production carto tank: This is a whole new product being manufactured by the folks that make my Aga-T. It is designe from the ground up for use with Boge cartomizers. Some features include: 2 tank lenghts, one for standard Boge the other for the XXL boge cartomizers. Threaded caps/poly tank with O-rings that seat down to prevent leaks. A fill hole on the top cap for easy refilling, simply unscrew the plug, stick in a blunt tipped syringe style bottle or needle and fill it up, no need to take your tank apart. A special skirt and adapter bottom cap that prevents the tank from sliding down if used on an ego or other thinner device. The caps are stainless steel as well!

A new carto punching tool.

A variety of new, fancy drip tips.

More Zmax devices. I'm working with Sigelei on some new form factors for the Zmax which will no longer be called the Zmax in the future (convinced them that using the same name as SmokTech was confusing to customers). I will be getting in a couple of new form factors early next year.

Much more to come! As some of you know, I'm building this store completely out of pocket so I had to start with some what limited stock. As I make sales I am turning all of that money back into restocking existing products and adding new product lines to the store while setting a bit back for my custom line. Please... if you have any suggestions for items that would help me become your "one stop shop" for vaporizer gear, throw them in this thread and if I see enough demand, I'll stock the items!

Thank you.

-Lance Wallen
Owner and Operator of Steam Monkey LLC

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
Goodness! Lots to be excited about there!

I agree! I'm super excited about some of the new products. I'm not going crazy on the drip tips but I got some pretty neat lookin ones coming, including a few stainless steel and some pawn style and one I'm most interested in because it's 'weird' a super long skinny one. I'm thinkin it'll look nice on a e-pipe.

The carto tank is probably what I'm the most excited about. I've been a hardcore tank user since they started showing up on the market. I've got probably 20 various carto tanks I've purchased from various places and another 10 or so I've made myself. The tank I'm getting looks very promising, it's got a fill hole and a threaded tank instead of o-rings for putting the caps on. I'm working with them to offer a stainless steel tube as well which will be interchangeable with that thread so that's pretty nice too.

The "new" Zmax stuff is a bit up in the air right now, they're changing the name of it and working on a couple of different form factors. I've been talking with their sales folks as well as their engineers about one particular form factor I'm very excited about and theres a good chance they'll be providing them with different finishes in the future as well. I wish I had some dates I could pin on the new versions but they can't give me a good answer. The internals will be the same, the only changes they 'might' make to the guts are cosmetic things with the menu wording.

Overall, very exciting.

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
In the first week I've done quite a bit. The aga-t has been, by far, the most work for me though!

My initial shipment was 50 units. Once I got that shipment I went through all 50 of them, took the caps off and mix and matched caps until I found the cap that put the air hole the closest to the wick hole possible. Most of them are lined up pretty well at this point, a few that didn't make the cut are sitting around for spare parts, I just won't sell em. I may modify them myself in the shop and give them away in future contests or someting.

Past that, the aga comes with a little baggy of spare parts, no drip tip, a small piece of unidentified wire and a little length of silica. This is hardly a 'user friendly package' So... I cut lengths of all three of my kanthal wires, 28, 30 and 32. I cut 1 segment of 400 mesh and 1 segment of 500 mesh. Then I put all that + the spare parts on a little card, clearly labeled for the user. I add a generic drip tip and you've got the aga-t package from steam monkey.

When I decided to do this, I had no idea how much work was actually going to go into that... sorting the aga-ts + lids took about 2 hours with me and my wife working on it. Cutting 3 different piece of wire, wrapping them and taping them to the card, then cutting down all the mesh and taping it and the spare parts pack to the card... it's easily the most time consuming part of "preparing orders".

Hopefully it's been worth it and the folks that picked them up as their 'first rba' will be hooked and happy.

Last edited:

Elnroth

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Philadelphia
In the first week I've done quite a bit. The aga-t has been, by far, the most work for me though!

My initial shipment was 50 units. Once I got that shipment I went through all 50 of them, took the caps off and mix and matched caps until I found the cap that put the air hole the closest to the wick hole possible. Most of them are lined up pretty well at this point, a few that didn't make the cut are sitting around for spare parts, I just won't sell em. I may modify them myself in the shop and give them away in future contests or someting.

Past that, the aga comes with a little baggy of spare parts, no drip tip, a small piece of unidentified wire and a little length of silica. This is hardly a 'user friendly package' So... I cut lengths of all three of my kanthal wires, 28, 30 and 32. I cut 1 segment of 400 mesh and 1 segment of 500 mesh. Then I put all that + the spare parts on a little card, clearly labeled for the user. I add a generic drip tip and you've got the aga-t package from steam monkey.

When I decided to do this, I had no idea how much work was actually going to go into that... sorting the aga-ts + lids took about 2 hours with me and my wife working on it. Cutting 3 different piece of wire, wrapping them and taping them to the card, then cutting down all the mesh and taping it and the spare parts pack to the card... it's easily the most time consuming part of "preparing orders".

Hopefully it's been worth it and the folks that picked them up as their 'first rba' will be hooked and happy.

It was completely worth it. :D I was able to setup both my AGA's with what came in the "kit". I didn't even have to tap into the mesh and wire I bought.

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
It was completely worth it. :D I was able to setup both my AGA's with what came in the "kit". I didn't even have to tap into the mesh and wire I bought.

Great news!

I'm glad they're workin our for you. I don't know if you're the reviewing type but if you put a review up somewhere on the forum or make a video or something, please let me know. I'd love to see it. Customer reviews are something I'm dying to see because it gives me the best kind of feedback for tailoring my store to the users.

I know what "I" like but I"m not buying for me, I'm buying for you guys.

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
Here's the tank assembled. The 'fat' bottom is because it has a skirt and adapter to hold the carto in.

lF55o.jpg

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
I just ordered my AGA-T care package yesterday. I really like the site and the packages you've put together. Best of luck to you Lance!

If you ordered after ~3pm CST yesterday it'll be going out today. If you ordered before that though theres a goo chance it went out yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread