Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at Hadron Lite mod By steam crave kindly sent to me from Sourcemore online shop upon my request. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish it. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this SBS Mod, if it is suitable for you and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.
    Enjoy the reading.

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Before starting let's see together the main characteristics indicated by the manufacturer:
    • Size: 88 * 52.5 * 28mm
    • Weight: 123g
    • Material: Zinc alloy
    • Battery Type: Single 18650/20700/21700 (Not included)
    • Type of recharge: Rapid type C
    • Output power: 5-100W
    • Output voltage: 1.0-8.0V
    • Output current: 40A
    • Screen: 0.69 inch OLED display
    • Temperature range: 200-600 ℉ / 100-315 ℃
    • Modes: Power / Voltage / TC (Ni, Ti and SS) / Bypass Mode
    • Thread: 510 floating
    • Resistance range: 0.1-3.0Ω
    • Recommended pairing: Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme V3 RDTA 25mm

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-2.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Available colours:
    • Black
    • Gunmetal

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-3.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Packaging:
    The all-black matte package, show on the front ; The logo and the name of the manufacturer which are highlighted in red, the image of the Mod in the center is stylized and in a reflective silver color as well as the writing "Hadron Lite Mod Single 21700 SBS".

On the back of the box are shown; the scratch & check, a barcode, logos and trademarks required by law. While on the remaining sides we find various indications, among which; the Steamcrave address and the color of the sample contained inside the package.

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-4.jpg

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-5.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Packing List:
    In addition to the Mod and a fairly comprehensive instruction booklet, there are also a couple of extras in the box. These include a bag of spare screws which is something I don't remember seeing before, a USB-C cable, two atty gaskets (one for 25mm atomizers and the other for 22mm ones) two 21700 battery wraps and a 18650 battery adapter hidden in the battery compartment.

* I think something has "escaped" the quality control department of Steam Crave, in fact the two blue wraps that should be for 21700 batteries are too short and I think it would be really difficult to even rewind 18650 cells with them!

• 1 * Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod
    • 1 * USB Type-C Cable
    • 1 * 18650 Battery Reducer
    • 2 * 21700 Battery Cases
    • 2 * 510 protection discs
    • 1 * User Manual
    • 1 * Steam Crave Sticker

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-6.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; First Impressions:
    The "side by side" world (SBS) is particularly rich in proposals, vaper's appreciate the compact form factor of this type of Mod that allows you to obtain pocket-sized and space-saving kits (Mod + tank). Most of these kits (SBS) on the market, are developed for MTL use with small Tanks, the Mods are assembled with light materials such as resin or plastic to obtain a weight as low as possible, with compact dimensions due to the single support for 18650 battery.

Hadron Lite Mod is different, it is built in sturdy zinc alloy, it can accommodate tanks up to 25mm in diameter and without external protrusions and is available alone or in Combo Kit with the excellent Aromamizer Supreme V3 RDTA. But above all it is able to house a 21700 battery to offer you more vaping autonomy. I really like the idea of having a robust SBS Mod with these features. In fact I have several tanks for DL / RDL that I use in rotation, these tanks were looking for an optimal arrangement, so I would say great for me! Moreover, given the characteristics and the type of use that I will make of it, the weight of 123g (empty) of Hardon Lite is not excessive for me. I have to say that the dimensions are also within the standard of a mod with (21700) and the smooth and rounded shapes turn out to be quite ergonomic compared to my big hand.

One of the SBS Mods that I use most in combination with RDL / DL tanks is the Vapefly Brunhilde, will Hadron Lite Mod manage to take its place in my heart? Yes and no! What holds me back is that I would have preferred to have is the front fire button (classic arrangement) this because Hadron Lite forces me to hold it in a different way than usual; with the little finger holding up the Mod and the thumb pressing the Fire button. All this at first is a bit disconcerting to me, but maybe it's just a matter of habit.

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-7.jpg

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-8.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Side view:
    For this test I asked Sourcemore to send me only the Mod in black color. The frame is a single cast piece with a sober and minimalist look, the side view highlights the words "steam crave" and "hadron lite" that descend on both sides and the polished stainless steel finishes of the lower base and plate 510.

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-9.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Front and back view:
    Below on the front is built-in charging via the USB-C port which as usual, I would recommend using only occasionally when unable to recharge the cell with a separate charger.

The Hadron Lite screen uses a vertical reading display with white fonts on a black background, clearly visible and bright. The proprietary card communicates with the display providing useful information for vaping, it supports the power, voltage, TC and bypass modes, the invisible mode is missing.

The concave shape of the back follows the profile of the tank and has 3 appreciable safety holes for the battery. The 510 cup has a sliding thread and is equipped with a gold-plated floating pin. The 510 base is positioned 35.5mm lower than the top of the Mod, this means that Hadron Lite prefers rather tall Tanks such as the 54mm Aromamizer Supreme V3 (including the drip tip) which turns out to be a perfect match. On Hadron Lite you can install atomizers with a maximum diameter of 25mm without protrusions.

The oval shaped Fire button sits high above the battery tube and is angled down and towards the back of the mod. This position means that it is perfectly positioned to be operated with the thumb, so do not expect a comfortable use of the key without taking into account a more or less long period of "adaptation" to this constructive choice. While regarding the functioning of the Fire button I have no objections; it is large, raised, sufficiently precise and rather responsive to the slightest press.

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-10.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Battery compartment and bottom of the Mod:
    On the bottom, Hadron has a protective sticker to remove, the sticker advises not to over tighten the cap when installing the battery. Steam Crave in fact advises to stop as soon as the screen on the front lights up, then with a further 1/8 of a turn the operation should be correct. This warning is likely due to the fact that there is no spring in the positive contact located on the inside top of the tube. The thread of the battery-cap is not the smoothest, however it is not a big impediment but sometimes patience is needed. The cap also has 4 large vent holes that are added to the 3 that are present towards the top of the tube and that will be hidden by the atomizer once installed.

The "+" and "-" adjustment buttons are in a slightly recessed and protected position, however I recommend locking them to prevent the settings from being inadvertently changed by touching them with your little finger. All plugged-in batteries (18650, 20700, 21700) have passed the test and produce no rattling noises. With some 21700s extra large or with too thick wraps it may become difficult to fit battery them into the compartment.

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-11.jpg

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-12.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Tank Matching:
    Hadron lite can accommodate Tanks up to 25mm in diameter but does not mind smaller sizes such as 22 / 23mm. The combo version with Aromamizer Supreme V3 RDTA perfectly fills the 35.5mm gap that goes from the 510 plate to the apex of the Mod near the Fire button. I found an excellent alternative combination for RDL / DL with Artemis II RDTA, as far as the best combinations with MTL tank are concerned, it is necessary to use a rather high tank or a rather long drip-tip. For MTL use it must be added that Hadron Lite has a power step of 1W at a time and this is not exactly optimal for Mouth To Lung use.

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-13.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Operation Guide:
    • 5 clicks to switch the Mod on/off, the display switches off after 30s of inactivity.
    • Simultaneously press the "-" key and the Fire key to lock / unlock the "+" and "-" adjustment buttons.
    • To reset the Puff counter, press the "+" key and the Fire key at the same time.
    • Press the Fire button 3 times consecutively to cycle through the options (WW, VV, TC SS, TC NI, TC TI, Bypass.)

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-14.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; active protections:
    • Reverse polarity protection
    • Low resistance protection
    • Short circuit protection
    • Time Out Protection
    • Atomizer control
    • Overtemperature protection
    • Low voltage protection

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-15.jpg

► Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod; Final conclusions:
    Personally I find this Steam Crave Mod with using a good 21700 battery to be a great choice especially for those using 25mm RDL / DL Tanks, the simple and intuitive circuit works well in Watt mode and generates a good boost too with relatively high selected powers. I would also like to say that the battery power reserve seems to me well managed. During the course of this long review you will find all the positive and negative aspects that I found during the test and which I summarize briefly below ...

•• Pro:
    • Solid structure
    • Nice clean design
    • Good hospitality for RDL / DL RDTA Tanks taller than 35mm
    • Bright display
    • Compatible with 18650/20700/21700 batteries

•• Tips:
    • Do not use with MTL tanks shorter than 35mm
    • Fire key position to get used to
    • The blue wraps supplied are too short and therefore unusable with 21700 batteries
    • 1W power step at a time not suitable for MTL

Thanks to Sourcemore for sending me the sample I chose for the review. Of course, given that Sourcemore grants the possibility of choice, I always try to identify the devices suitable for my style of vaping.

Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod is offered at a price of $ 36.39 by entering the code: SCACM
    Steam Crave Hadron Lite Mod SBS 100W Mod

Thanks for reading.

Steam-Crave-Hadron-Lite-Mod-16.jpg

Last edited:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I have 2 of these on the way. I still wish they (any manufacturer) made a SbS that accommodates a wider deck diameter than 25 mm. I realize this would make it a bit more chonky, but would be nice to fit 26 mm atties or even smaller diameter atties while using a bubble glass.

Great review - I'm excited for these to arrive.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    I have 2 of these on the way. I still wish they (any manufacturer) made a SbS that accommodates a wider deck diameter than 25 mm. I realize this would make it a bit more chonky, but would be nice to fit 26 mm atties or even smaller diameter atties while using a bubble glass.

Great review - I'm excited for these to arrive.
    Thanks. There are many Mod Sbs out there that accommodate only small diameters, I agree with you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread