Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
In the L.A. Times:
State lawmaker seeks ban on most tobacco, e-cigarette online sales - latimes.com

I didn't break the link because it's not junk science, but rather just more bogus proposed legislation.

I do wonder, however, how a state can ban online sales of anything since online sales fall under the jurisdiction of interstate commerce, and are therefore a federal concern. Are they going to try to tell their local shops that they can't offer online sales? Maybe they can ban in-state online sales from vendors in CA to customers in CA?

This is my favorite part of the article and it sums the real agenda nicely (bolding mine):

The bill, AB 1500, does not prohibit online retailers to ship to other retailers. By requiring customers to purchase tobacco products at brick-and-mortar locations, Dickinson says, the state would generate $24 million in sales tax revenue.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Gee lets save the children and by the way we can make an additional 24 million in the process....hmmm?
If one truly wanted to protect the children from internet tobacco sales, require an adult signature for delivery. This would be a small inconvenience, though doable for all. I would think this would apply to sales for residents of Cali?? I thought "Adult signature" was California law already?? I am skeptical of the intentions to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread