• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Starting vaping in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeInJapan

Nov 10, 2013
Tokyo
Hello guys and gals!
Found this place on the vast plains of Google and decided to ask for help.

I've been smoking for 7 years now, went from a heavy smoker to smoking 1mg cigarettes (coz they're healthier than 8mg(?)) on a regular basis. And this Christmas I decided to make a switch to e-cigs. Now I have next to zero experience in everything "e", I tried a disposable one you can buy in almost any konbini and to say it was awful is an understatement. I did my reading and found out that mod is the way to go. Well surprise-surprise - they don't sell those in Japan! As far as I understand everyone here orders from overseas...

So, with all the diversity in every component of vapering equipment, what do you think is a good starter kit for a total noob? Also any tips on what web-shop to buy from (shipping price/quality/speed/reliability) would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

P.S. I live in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo. If there's anyone around who is willing to show me in person what it's all about and how it even looks (and get a beer or smth in the process) - would be really nice ;)

Did somebody mention beer? Always game for a pint of 50 ;D

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Hello guys and gals!
Found this place on the vast plains of Google and decided to ask for help.

I've been smoking for 7 years now, went from a heavy smoker to smoking 1mg cigarettes (coz they're healthier than 8mg(?)) on a regular basis. And this Christmas I decided to make a switch to e-cigs. Now I have next to zero experience in everything "e", I tried a disposable one you can buy in almost any konbini and to say it was awful is an understatement. I did my reading and found out that mod is the way to go. Well surprise-surprise - they don't sell those in Japan! As far as I understand everyone here orders from overseas...

So, with all the diversity in every component of vapering equipment, what do you think is a good starter kit for a total noob? Also any tips on what web-shop to buy from (shipping price/quality/speed/reliability) would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

P.S. I live in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo. If there's anyone around who is willing to show me in person what it's all about and how it even looks (and get a beer or smth in the process) - would be really nice ;)
Hi Kamatz, welcome to the forum. Have you sorted yourself out yet?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Hi and thanks!
Yup, Got my VaperZeus this weekend, so far so good, 4th day cigarette free. Now working on getting good juices. Any recommendations except the V4L ones?

Lately I have tried Halo and Highbrow ejuices, and I'm very impressed with both companies products and shipping times.

Vo0Do0

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Tokyo, JP
Bobas bounty & gorilla from avejuice.com (the ....... best!)

They are a tobacco base but not like nasty cig tobacco. It's an All day, everyday for me. The fruity/sweet types are an every once in a while but that's just me.

Vapedudes has some good stuff but honestly most I tried were misses. A couple were hits like butterscotch and mango martini (for my girl). Maybe I'm just not a sweets vapor type. Damnit!

Everybody's pallet is different, radically sometimes, so good luck finding what the best is for you. Mwahahaha

kamatz

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Tokyo
The mwahahaha basically says it all :D It's really hit or miss - the stuff I thought would be meh turned out to be great, stuff that I was really looking forward to ended up tasting horrible.
So far i've tried V4L and Halo juices, the spend-money-and-wait-a-lot-for-stuff-that-might-be-bad journey is just beginning and I'm happy and sad at the same time. JT better step up the game.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
Same here. But I first started with small pre filled cartos and sampler pack from V2, their flavors are good but their batteries were junk.
The only thing I like about them, was I was able to taste the basics and figured out what I like.
I stick with the basic menthol flavors and ones that have good reviews or listed as best sellers....the chance of a miss is lessened if a lot of people like them.
I got an Irish Cream one time and literally poured it down the drain,MIT was sooooooo bad.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
If it is, let me know. I love Irish Cream, just hated the V4L juice. Their other juices are great.
My favorites are
Wowboy Peppermint, more peppermint less candy so you get the mint without the sweet.
Apple Breeze, a nice taste of green apple followed with a little sweet. Great to mellow out other strong flavors too. I add it to menthol for a nice smooth evening vape. It's thin so it mixes well.
Smilin Special Menthol, a strong flavor menthol perfect for an afternoon vape when you just want to make it through the day. It is a strong menthol, so you will want to put it down fast. Perfect for a fast break when you don't have much time.
Vanilla is real smooth, but it is also a thick juice. To thick for a carto, might work well in your dual coil tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread