Starting to mix, getting supplies, how do I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnspack

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Nelson B.C.
I hit 8 months smoke free after 40 years on the 28th of this month. So, I think it's time to start mixing! I'm going to get a 120ml bottle of 50/50 48mg nic base, a 120ml bottle of pg, and a 120ml bottle of vg. Then I'll start by getting a couple of my fav blends at 3x flavor shot and 32mg. Then start cutting into several 30ml bottles. Guess I need an eye dropper that's marked? Any simple formulas for cutting and mixing?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Instead of eye droppers,i would pick up a few syringes.Get a few 1ml,5ml,and 10ml,it will be alot easier to mix when you can measure out an exact amount every time.As far as formulas,not sure how you would work it with cutting pre made juice,but there are several juice calculators around,a very good one is called ejuicemeup.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hi John!

I just started dabbling in DIY over the past couple of weeks. Here's one of the calculators to which b.m. may have been referring: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator I'm glad I never became a chemist/chemical engineer because I'm not one who's about 100% precise measurements :blink::D

I have 50/50 36mg unflavored nic (for when I want a little "zoosh" in my juice.) I got a quart of PG and a quart of VG and have already split those into 50/50 bases. Now, I just use either pipettes or the flavor's bottle dropper and sort of wing it. I'm not doing complex flavors or combinations, but I'll at least make note of how many drops of each flavor and with what dropper I used (i.e. the bottle tip, my 1mL pipette or my 3mL pipette - not all drop sizes are the same) I just eyeball the "rest" of the 10 mL in my bottle (knowing there's always some headroom at the top.)

I generally mix everything at 0 nic, as I've seen some of my premade juices discolor and even get a little funky tasting if they sit too long. I basically add a few drops of my 36mg nic base on a tank-by-tank basis

I'm not hell-bent on an "exact 50/50 mix, taking into account that my flavors are PG based" or exact "percentages" of flavor in the mix (hence, glad I'm not a research chemist :D) If it tastes good, then it's a good batch.

I use the calculator to track my notes on each mix. Then I have a reference point for the next time I want to redo one.

It's fun - I've browsed through a number of recipes, trying to find things that might sound good. It's all experimentation.

Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread