Stainless Steel Atomizer going cold after short use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Yes it does seem strange for them to go cold so quick. i did blow them out and tried them with a regular 901 battery and still cold. I have used white atomizer with USB pass through since and they work fine. I have never had this issue with the white or black 901 atomizers.

Oklahoma--I have had luck with taking a tweezer and grabing the the peg that sticks up with the hole in it on the end that threads into the battery of the atomizer and pulling it up. Sometimes there is a contact issue as the atomizer connection countersinks and does not allow contact even with it screwed down tight. So pulling that middle peg up allows for the connection--let me know if that works--Sun

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
I'm using a stainless steel atomizer although with my pen USB with no problems for 2 weeks- actually doesn't overheat as quickly as previous black ones..but I could be imagining that now since your post!
But for sure, you should speak with puresmoker as you are in the range of 14 day guarantee so should be no problem to replace..

Oklahoma

Dec 2, 2008
Tulsa
Well, I tried pulling the center connector out a little on the atomizer but it did not seem to move any. I have blown them out and had them sitting upside down since they went cold. I do have an email sent to Steve and am awaiting his response.

I will try the 3rd of the 4 I ordered to see if the same issue happens. I do not want to experiment to much with them as it might cause the warranty to become invalid.

Thanks for all the tips. I will wait to hear from Steve.

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
i had a stainless steel pen style atomizer go dead after one week too though, i dont think its anything to be worried about though from what i understand some atomizers are just quirky like that. the first one that came with my kit lasted 3 weeks till i took a puff one day and set it down for 30 seconds picked it back up again and it was dead as a doorknob. my 2nd atomizer is the one that went dead in 7 days on the dot ...im on my third atomizer now and we will see how it goes.
Also i know his products have a 14 day warranty but i dunno if thats just for kits or includes atomizers as well, let me know how it turns out for you oklahoma
combovan

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
i had a stainless steel pen style atomizer go dead after one week too though, i dont think its anything to be worried about though from what i understand some atomizers are just quirky like that. the first one that came with my kit lasted 3 weeks till i took a puff one day and set it down for 30 seconds picked it back up again and it was dead as a doorknob. my 2nd atomizer is the one that went dead in 7 days on the dot ...im on my third atomizer now and we will see how it goes.
Also i know his products have a 14 day warranty but i dunno if thats just for kits or includes atomizers as well, let me know how it turns out for you oklahoma
combovan

Combo--the 14 days is good for parts as well just to give everyone the heards up for Puresmoker--Steve is real good about that---Sun:)

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
Combo--the 14 days is good for parts as well just to give everyone the heards up for Puresmoker--Steve is real good about that---Sun:)

ahh very cool i was under the impression that it didnt count for atomizers since they where considered disposable, but i will have to check my arrival date and send off a quick email to steve im sure he will take care of it for me i think i should still be well inside the 2 week time span.

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
Steve contacted me and is replacing the 2 stainless steel atomizers. Thanks Steve. I will send him the cold atomizers so he can investigate the problem. Steve is great to work with and stands behind his products.

just wanted to say ditto for my problem too ...
p.s. steve is the best when it comes to customer service and prices
thanks
combovan

I just emailed Puresmoker via the website. I have 3 dead stainless penstyle atomizers and as described, onne minute they were fine then next, dead. :(

They worked fine with both the batteries and my USB passthrough for a few days and then no more heat.

Perhaps a just bad batch. :confused: Guess we'll have to wait for a response from PS et. al.

Edit: Just read a post in thread "Your 901" by lordmage and he states in post #10 that the RN is "overclocked" (I've only heard this term applied to computer processors but I suppose it's as good as any description). (I don't know how to post link to original and I'm too lazy to learn tonight.)

Is it a fact that they run "hotter" or is this just conjecture on the part of lordmage.(No offense, btw.)

If it's true that they run hotter than the 901's perhaps these SS RN are burning themselves out?? Design flaw?

Stay tuned. :)

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hey Gep ... did you email me ???? Hopefully I responded, as we are 100% caught up (Atleast what we have in our inbox!) Shoot me a PM if you haven't seen a response yet.

As far as the RN series 901's (4075's) go. They are programmed to pull about 15% more power than true DSE901's. However, I don't feel this is the case with RN penstyles, as my atomizers have been a favorite of many for months now. Do they eventually die like most other atomizers ... sure do. And I give them the same life span as 901 atomizers, approx 3-4 weeks, before they either go cold or are almost completely burnt out, thus loosing lots of flavor vapor wise. The vapor gets really really hot (although the atomizer may not) and you taste almost nothing ....

I love my RN atomizers ... I have had the choice to move to DSE801's instead, however, I have just never been a fan of them. I have tried all 3 types of 801 atomizers (2/3/4 hole), and nothing compares to the vapor/throat hit I get with RN's. So, for now, I am sticking with RN's :)

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
hey Gep ... did you email me ???? Hopefully I responded, as we are 100% caught up (Atleast what we have in our inbox!) Shoot me a PM if you haven't seen a response yet.

As far as the RN series 901's (4075's) go. They are programmed to pull about 15% more power than true DSE901's. However, I don't feel this is the case with RN penstyles, as my atomizers have been a favorite of many for months now. Do they eventually die like most other atomizers ... sure do. And I give them the same life span as 901 atomizers, approx 3-4 weeks, before they either go cold or are almost completely burnt out, thus loosing lots of flavor vapor wise. The vapor gets really really hot (although the atomizer may not) and you taste almost nothing ....

I love my RN atomizers ... I have had the choice to move to DSE801's instead, however, I have just never been a fan of them. I have tried all 3 types of 801 atomizers (2/3/4 hole), and nothing compares to the vapor/throat hit I get with RN's. So, for now, I am sticking with RN's :)

i agree so far i love my penstyle just had that one issue with the one atomizer the other one i got so far is going strong and the first one i got with my kit lasted over 3 weeks
combovan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread