Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Ok.....did my due diligence with searching and found only taste reactions.
First off, I swore I wouldn't get into TC builds as thought it was pointless. I tried a couple Ni200 builds. They were extremely finicky, but I could see some possible merits.
I've decided that stainless would be the build for me, if I choose to continue with the TC avenue.
The only locally available SS 316L wire is the Beadalon 20g from a local craft shop.
I know I could order many other variations, but my interest would fade by the time it arrived ( I'm a red-blooded American male. Short attention span is in my dna.)
I was wondering what SS build you guys are using? What is the "ramp-up" time, etc?
This is only an experiment. I am perfectly happy with Kanthal.
I am a tootle-puffer sticking to under 12 watts, and usually about 1 ohm.
I think that being able to use contact coils and "no" leaching might make me trespass into the TC territory.
I am mostly concerned with an appropriate resistance and realistic ramp-up time for a low wattage vaper.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
26g 316L ss, 7 or 8 spaced wraps on 3mm id gets you 0.6 (i have found personally that 0.5+ builds work best/reliably with ss) and at 360f+ will get you a nice consistent tc vape. I have been tc only using these settings for about 4 months solid, i dont vape in power mode ever. though with ss if you dont like it in tc mode, you can switch to power mode and still use the coil.

Temp control likes spaced coils.

I do 7/8 spaced wraps on 3mm id simply because:

1) Thats what ive used since i started vaping, even with kanthal in my Lemo 2 - with kanthal 7/8 wraps on 3mm id gets you around 1.1
2) This is about the max wraps you'll get with 26g ss on 3mm id between the posts in my Lemo 2 :)

Virtually no ramp up time, and ideal for the tootle puffer...im no cloud chaser myself and the above is my daily setup. If you happen to also use unflavoured eliquid, this will get you over a months use without having to even worry about checking your coil/wick.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I tried titanium on my Smok Koopor Plus 200W and wasn't particularly impressed. Later, I found out that dry burning a new Ti coil to anneal it isn't recommended.

I ordered 100F of 316L SS from Copper Wire USA through Amazon and haven't wound a coil yet, but I like the idea that I can wind a .5 ohm coil and vape in TC or Wattage mode with the same coil.

Last edited:
Reactions: stylemessiah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread