Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
You often read on ECF that people - especially newcomers - are embarrassed when someone asks them what that thing is they're 'smoking', and maybe they don't know what to say. So here's more or less verbatim what I tell them. Some of it is not strictly accurate* but it's all they need to know.

I'm smiling when I say this so that's what the smilies indicate. After I've said my bit, the conversation goes whatever way they want.

* As my liquid is 100% VG I don't even have to 'omit' discussion of PG.

Give them an ECF bizcard, it's easier to have them research it themselves than spend 30 minutes explaining (again and again...). Unless you're stuck on a train with them maybe.

"Hi :)

Don't worry, it's no problem you asking me what this is :)

It's a PV or personal vaporizer, a personal inhaler to substitute for a cigarette. Battery-powered. I've switched to an alternative way of smoking and now I use this. What you can see is basically steam, it's a flavored vapor with nicotine if you want. You can get coffee flavor, chocolate, strawberry, whatever. Or tobacco of course. Also called an electronic cigarette but there's no smoke so no hazard.

As far as we know it's more or less harmless as all the ingredients - well, apart from the coffee flavor - are in medical inhalers. No danger to me or you.

You can find more info on the web, here's a website/forum with a ton of facts." [hands over bizcard]

It's debatable whether you get less issues with a mini ecig that is a cigarette clone including the red tip, or with a large boxmod or tubemod that cannot be confused with a cigarette. At least with the latter types no one will think you are smoking, which is a bonus.

Or, you can do it in stealth mode of course - use a small device and keep the vapor in, mostly. That way nobody really sees anything, and they almost never connect it with smoking even if they do.

But many of us think that we should 'flaunt it' - it's not illegal (or certainly shouldn't be), and we need to convert more people in order to get more numbers, to make it harder for competing commercial interests to buy successful bans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread