spheroid filler mods - would love your ideas and how you set yours up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
ive been messing around with coils/wicks on the spheroid and also trying to figure out the best density for the filler. was hoping to get some feedback and ideas from others about how you like to set up your spheroid or aiolos.

from the week or so since ive had it, ive gone from straight wick across the top, diagonal through the middle and finally diagonal lasso which seems to work well. the lasso fits perfectly around the "bell" and you dont have to touch it when removing the bottom for refilling. i was tired of touching the wick to fit it back in. ive done some looking on what filler would be best, sera, poly fill, cotton?? im currently just using what came with my purchase off the classies...no idea what it is. i've noticed that this fluff "sheds" quite a bit and wanted something that doesnt. i dont really want the fuzz getting sucked into the coil and whatnots. im sure ive inhaled a few.

anway, heres a pic of my current coil, 30g kanthal a-1, 5/6 wrap, 3mm wick (cov ody wick), ohms at 1.5, vape at 8.6 watts on my semovar. quite nice.
sph-wik.jpg

Darthpistachio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm actively trying to get hold of a Spheroid and have often wondered is there is a set of tried and tested measurements for Sera for the tube when it comes to fluids of different viscosity

PG is more viscous than VG for example and would require more sera to stop it leaking - A small table of recommended sera dimesnions for the various ratios of PG VG would be very handy I think for users to refer to - could even take account things like the Taifun and the Steam Machine.. :)

Natural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
Brookfield, WI
I just got my spheroid from the vapists site a couple days ago. The filler that came with it measures roughly 10 x 3 cms. I also bought some sera from amazon so I didn't have use the original and lose using it as a template.

One method I saw done that, I decided to try, was wrapping the coil around some SS mesh with 2.5 wick doubled up inside the mesh. Wanted to see if it would give the wick a longer life and better wicking of juice. Time will tell as I try other things.

Thanks for the loop method. Makes total sense and I am anxious to try it out.

I will say this spheroid kicks ... in vapor production and taste. I was primarily using gennys lately, but this is possibly bringing me back to silica wick rbas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread