Space between top cap and tank fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bufitnut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Chattanooga, TN, USA
I've been about 10 pages deep into the eVic forum and can't seem to find a fix for this. If one of you know of a thread on this or have a quick answer I would greatly appreciate it. I hate how there's a space between whatever delivery device you use and the evic. I'm worried with the delivery device being wobbly it is going to wear on the threads over time. Has anyone made a different top cap that is made where your delivery device would have some support under it for an evic?

Mikerachy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
HI
As far as I know, any delivery system on an eVic will have a tiny gap (about 1/32 of an inch), but is NEVER wobbly. It could be your delivery system, or maybe your specific eVic is defective? I use carto tanks (now) and have never had an issue.

Sorry I couldn't help, but a picture or a better description of the problem could make answering easier?

tmoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Madison, AL
I've used protanks, Vapeonly BCC, and a Fastech X10. All fit flush on mine.
If your eVic 510 port is above the eVic rim, nothing will fit flush (I see this on other devices and find it odd and annoying). If it's flush with the rim, anything should fit flush; unless there is an iissue with the length of the 510 connector on the delivery device.

Bufitnut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Chattanooga, TN, USA
As far as I know, any delivery system on an eVic will have a tiny gap (about 1/32 of an inch), but is NEVER wobbly. It could be your delivery system, or maybe your specific eVic is defective? I use carto tanks (now) and have never had an issue.

Sorry I couldn't help, but a picture or a better description of the problem could make answering easier?

Thanks Mikerachy, that's the size gap I have. Just wanted to see if there was a fix for it. I really don't want to have to purchase another head. I had a mech mod with the same issue and within 2 weeks it was useless. No tank of any sort would grab the threads. I have read where other vapors had the same issue with that mod. I don't really mind that much since I can get the same mod now for less than $20 and it's all brass.

Bufitnut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Chattanooga, TN, USA
I've used protanks, Vapeonly BCC, and a Fastech X10. All fit flush on mine.
If your eVic 510 port is above the eVic rim, nothing will fit flush (I see this on other devices and find it odd and annoying). If it's flush with the rim, anything should fit flush; unless there is an iissue with the length of the 510 connector on the delivery device.

Hey tmoore. I have a flat top on there and the connector is flush with that but when any tank is screwed on (Protank, Protank2, aga-t2) it makes connection before it is all the way down and I have read not to tighten more than when it see's the atty.

Neezy206

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Seattle, Wa
I've been about 10 pages deep into the eVic forum and can't seem to find a fix for this. If one of you know of a thread on this or have a quick answer I would greatly appreciate it. I hate how there's a space between whatever delivery device you use and the evic. I'm worried with the delivery device being wobbly it is going to wear on the threads over time. Has anyone made a different top cap that is made where your delivery device would have some support under it for an evic?

Genuine Joyetech Flat Top Cap for eVic

This what you are in need of?

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I have the flat black top cap and it is flush with the top of the connector but the tanks will still not sit flat on the cap. There is about a 1/32 inch gap.

Hmm... What if you used a flat washer to fill the gap? I don't have this problem since I use T3's, T3s's, and EVODs on mine...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Walter Ego

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wild West

I joined ECF just to respond to this post, it has taken me this long to get enough posts to post in this forum. I know I'm sloooow, I have this same problem with my I-clear 30, what I do is screw the device on till the device reads out the ohms then screw the top cap off till it meets the device. Kind of like a lock nut, very solid, no play.

Good luck Walter Ego

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
This is all I have ever needed. TankAdapter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread