Soooo sleepy do I need VG? Less nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
Can anyone who is experiencing lethargy from vaping please share your experiences as to whether you have tried switching to 100% VG and whether this has helped or not?

For the last few days I have been vaping about 4mL/day of Halo 24mg/ml liquid which I believe are 100% PG. I am quite tired all the time. Recently before that I was vaping Tasty vapor 36mg and was obscenely tired.

I don't know if the reduced nic has anything to do with it but I will try reducing further. In the mean time I'm thinking it would be a good experiment to eliminate PG altogether and see what happens.

It would be so nice to have control over this since I used to be a raving insomniac. At first the extra sleep was nice but I just can't get physical stuff done any more. Maybe if it's just a PG thing I can smoke my Halo in the evening and something VG during the day.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
I regret that I worded that as if I was seeking a personal medical consultation from the forum. I'm not - just asking if anyone else who has been down this road (and found a solution) might share any useful data points.

The suggestion to see a doctor is not that helpful unless you could perhaps refer me to someone who is an expert on vaping. I can already tell you what my doc will most likely say: that's great you quit smoking, see if you can quit this new thing too, and eat more whole grains and less pasta. There just hasn't been adequate research on this yet.

FYI yes nicotine is a stimulant but it is in fact also a depressant/relaxant at higher doses. That was perhaps the first mistake I made: increasing my nicotine intake in pursuit of the stimulant effect.

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
FYI yes nicotine is a stimulant but it is in fact also a depressant/relaxant at higher doses. That was perhaps the first mistake I made: increasing my nicotine intake in pursuit of the stimulant effect.

Well, I'm certainly no expert...been vaping 1 week today...but maybe your current nic level is still to high? Maybe you are just more sensitive to nicotine and need lower a dose.

If it was me, I'd try 11mg and go from there.

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
I will tell you duck , I know exactly where your coming from. If I vape heavy for a good amount of time , I can knock myself right out. That being said , it has nothing to do with PG or VG because I vape only 100% VG. I vape ave juice and some vaporheads.net stuff and they are both strickly VG. I'm not sure what exactly causes it , if I had to guess , I would think it has something to do with high amounts of nicotine. I vape at 36mg and no less. Even though Bobas Bounty comes in 24mg , I add TW platinum ice VG 54mg to it , so that is my guess because I only get super tired when I vape real heavy. Hope this helps answer your question?

lkayn

Jul 14, 2010
Phoenix
I experience the same thing, but I only vape 5-6mg nic liquid. It also only happens when I sit and chain vape. Maybe then, nic can be ruled out? Perhaps it has something to do with taking steady, deep breaths for an extended period of time, in conjunction with PG. Dunno, but maybe, with other info, we can start ruling some variables out. Also, Ive only been using vapor station liquid, 5mg, in 808 cartos on both an ego and variously lengthed 808s. Anyone else experience lethargy while vaping?

Ast_Isis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
The suggestion to see a doctor is not that helpful unless you could perhaps refer me to someone who is an expert on vaping. I can already tell you what my doc will most likely say: that's great you quit smoking, see if you can quit this new thing too, and eat more whole grains and less pasta. There just hasn't been adequate research on this yet.

I gave the suggestion because I thought it might not be vapeing related..

Next time I'll keep it to myself and hope you have mono.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
I gave the suggestion because I thought it might not be vapeing related..

Next time I'll keep it to myself and hope you have mono.

Haha yes you do have a point, and thank you for the kind wishes.

Anyhoo my plan is to reduce the nic just a little (to 18mg/ml) and try some 100% VG juice. I also ordered some pure VG to cut my existing stock if that helps.

In the last couple days I have been trying to reduce total volume of juice vaped and that seems to help just a tiny bit.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
Well I got my 100% VG yesterday (actually 24mg/ml) and am now 28 hours into my experiment. After about 8 hours I started feeling better, still physically fatigued but no yawning. By then it was about midnight and I had some trouble getting to sleep for the first time since - I don't remember when. In the morning I felt quite normal again and was able to get things done as usual. By this evening I feel very much back to normal - muscle strength has returned and I'm not tired.

I am totally aware of the placebo affect and I'm curious enough about this that I would love to devise a test to control for it - but it's not so simple as just asking my wife to fill some A/B bottles for me, since I can easily tell the difference between pg/vg by how it vapes. VG sucks! No TH, less flavor, and it seems to need a higher temp. I will miss my PG!

All of this seems consistent with the theory that the PG metabolizes into an excessive amount of lactic acid, and if you consume it faster than your body can expunge it you will get tired (lactic acidosis). Hopefully I will be able to tolerate a little bit of PG but for now I will see if I can find some decent pure VG products.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
ecigsupply.com is having a huge blowout of all their VG Tasty Vapor stock. I just ordered a bunch of juice myself. You can also use the coupon code firsttime for $5 off a $25 order(did that too).

I thought that all Tasty Vapor products used a PG+nic base, so that only a small amount of VG could be added - with less room for VG as you add more nic?

Also I'm confused: are/were they a reseller of TV?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I thought that all Tasty Vapor products used a PG+nic base, so that only a small amount of VG could be added - with less room for VG as you add more nic?

Also I'm confused: are/were they a reseller of TV?

The new TV is a mix, this is the old formula, hence the sale.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I have noticed, in the last couple of months, that I am more tired than I have been in a long time.

I have always been one of those people that wakes up at 5am every day of the week about 3 seconds before the alarm clock goes off.

I hit the snooze button for the first time in my entire life this week.

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
I can steer you towards some awesome VG liquids Vaporheads.net has awesome (apple pie , banana creme , vanilla bavarian creme) no loss of TH with those and flavor is incredible. I think alot of other will agree that avejuice (alien vision) has awesome tobaccos Boba's T bac , Flu Cured , C&D , Gamel , all really good. Also at tasty vapor u can order the doublers in VG and just mix with 100%VG NIC from MFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread