Status
Not open for further replies.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Its always a good idea to have at least one 'junk' email i.e. an email addy that you use for surveys or whatever. Most people are completely in the dark as to who has access to your personal info. Cleaning cache isnt a guarantee that all the info is cleaned from your browser. As soon as you visit any webpage, that info is logged on some random server in some random location. Cleaning cache is a false since of safety. It only really protects from other people using your computer and seeing what web pages youve visited.

/end_bummer_rant

joeec

Jun 12, 2014
Long Island
It's happened to me too... Not naming names but I think I know who sold mine and it was from a b&m store in the New York City area. Seemed to happen right after my purchase and had receipt emailed to me. I did not sign up for their newsletter thingy nor did I give my address or phone number. Can't be 100% sure but I am 95% sure... Just got another yesterday. I get about 1 or 2 a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
It's happened to me too... Not naming names but I think I know who sold mine and it was from a b&m store in the New York City area. Seemed to happen right after my purchase and had receipt emailed to me. I did not sign up for their newsletter thingy nor did I give my address or phone number. Can't be 100% sure but I am 95% sure... Just got another yesterday. I get about 1 or 2 a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess it should be expected but I was hoping that in this industry...people were really interested in helping people out...not cannibalizing to get more money. I know...I wear rose colored glasses but hey, it's who I am.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Now I am pretty sure ( positive) it isn't Nicoticket that has done this but....
I just received a coupon addressed to me for a new brand new e-cig. They are the kind they sell in gas stations. I have never received this kind of mail...ever. not even tobacco coupons. This is the 3rd different one since I started vaping. This to me tells me that someone is selling their customer list. I didn't know where to post this but want some feedback on it. If this is what has happened...I think it's pretty damn dirty:mad:

Our privacy policy is very very strict - we only share information on a need-to-know basis and never for purposes of marketing. That said, I have been approached with companies that have compiled list of people who have "interest in alternatives to tobacco" - as it was explained to me, it was lists of smokers have have been surveyed. Difficult to know where people get lists like that though, I am sure there are 100s, if not 1000s of people pimping data like that.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Hmmm weird...did you ever do any mail marketing survey things? I used to get them, and filled out for coupons, they ask if anyone in household uses tobacco products at the end....haven't gotten any for years, but if you did even years ago, maybe from this type of thing, so many places to get info from those marketing companies, they are slick..wasn't' t Mark10 testing products in certain states too? Thought they were branching out to more now. I haven't gotten anything :( wish I did so I'd pass on to mom, free is free, us pa Dutch/scots love our freebies, and mom will still use a cigalike from time to time in car for driving, plus it'd be good to give out to someone vape curious even if it is a rather crappy bt thing, some people I know are digging the cigalike stuff even though I told them to see me if ever want to upgrade...to each, their own

I confess, I sign up for all the offers because I like to see what BT is doing from a marketing perspective. I am on LOTS of vendors newsletters...

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
You are braver than I am. Big companies like tobacco have always scared me.

They are giving away samples - I like to try the cig-a-likes. So far everything I have heard has come to fruition, the experience is no-where near as satisfying as a simple ego set-up with a simple protank.

They are giving away samples - I like to try the cig-a-likes. So far everything I have heard has come to fruition, the experience is no-where near as satisfying as a simple ego set-up with a simple protank.

kinda sad.. they could have steamrolled the e-cig market with high quality cig-a-likes years ago. With their distribution channels (like every supermarket/gasstation/bar and this in just about every nation on earth). They are so behind they have to buy their way in and are still way behind a simple ego setup. Not to mention the better alternatives.

These bad cig a likes are a pain to vaping.. they cant get anyone off smoking without ppl reaching for better alternatives. they either go up a tier or start smoking analogs again. personal experience here ;)

Hebram

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oakland, Tennessee, United States
I have had this happen to me even get emails from companies that I never even shopped at . I have all of my web browsers set to do not track and have all security in place but yet they seem to be able to track everyone still. I can go to say the Kmart site and then leave it go browse on the net and I will see items that I was looking at from the Kmart site..So some how companies have away of tracking all of us no matter how hard we try to have them not. Just my 2 cents of what happens to me

"Do Not Track" only works if your browser is enabled AND the website decides to honor the setting and let you opt out. Very few websites code their sites to honor it.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Its always a good idea to have at least one 'junk' email i.e. an email addy that you use for surveys or whatever. Most people are completely in the dark as to who has access to your personal info. Cleaning cache isnt a guarantee that all the info is cleaned from your browser. As soon as you visit any webpage, that info is logged on some random server in some random location. Cleaning cache is a false since of safety. It only really protects from other people using your computer and seeing what web pages youve visited.

/end_bummer_rant

Not if you also employ a tinfoil hat!! :p

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Chrome allows you to open an "Incognito" window. Any tabs you open in that window are "tagged" so cookies used for tracking are removed once the incognito window is closed. Your history for these sessions is not recorded. You do need to close the incognito window to have the cookies removed and sites can still track your movements while on their site.

Not a cure all, but it does help. I also agree about the "junk" email address.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
While I consider cig-a-like devices to be novelty at best, they were the thing that led me TO the thing. I'd never turn one down, just send it to someone that needed a nudge.

sent from my non-iPhone using my nose.

I concur!! Welcome to the NT forum entoptic!

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
I hear ya, it's a marketing thing so who knows where it could have come from. I would bet my NT stash that it didn't come from Nicoticket, I can't see Clark doing something like that to the family.

While I consider cig-a-like devices to be novelty at best, they were the thing that led me TO the thing. I'd never turn one down, just send it to someone that needed a nudge.

sent from my non-iPhone using my nose.

Very good idea. Maybe if I send enough stuff to my dad, I can convince him to switch. Kind of like vape bombing him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread