Somebody...I Need Help With My Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeanne59

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I posted this problem in another thread, but only one person replied...and that was to push a different product on me. I am seriously having problems with my RCR123A batteries, they are showing charged after only 15 to 30 minutes, and have little power when used in the Prodigy. I have both a 510 adapter, and an 801 adapter...and it sucks on both of them.

I can hear the atties sizzling, but I have very little vapor, very little TH, and no taste whatsoever. I even have one of my new 801 atties that seems to have died in under a week, unless I can resurrect it. I am hoping it is just suffering from the battery problem.

When I take a draw on my 801 or 510 atties, it is like just sucking air through a straw. I am also having to change these batteries out every 2 hours or less.....where is my 5 to 8 hours heavy vaping time?

I have cleaned all of my contacts, and have checked my charger....the batteries fit tight -they don't fall out. The light is on showing it is charging, I don't know what to do...and I don't have a meter to check the batteries! Right now, I am trying to vape on my regular 510 until I can get this working, but after the Prodigy....the 510 is BARELY keeping my cravings down, and is also like sucking air......HELP! :(

rfw2003

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Yantis, Texas
www.4x4mayhem.com
While I have not gotten one of the Prodigy's yet, from experience with Lithium type chargers and batteries the light is most likely coming on pre-maturely but it is still actully charging. You should leave the batteries on the charger for at least 8 hours for the first charge and 5 to 6 hours for every charge after that.

R.F.

deeanne59

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Thank you RFW...I will try that. I know when I first received the Prodigy...someone on the board told me that when the green light was on, the charge was over...and also told me not to leave the batteries in the charger once the light turned green, because the batteries are unprotected. Might have been faulty info there...and I have been undercharging these batteries for a week!

All I know is that right now, I am NOT a happy camper...because I love my Prodigy, and going back to a 3.7 volt device is not cutting it for me, and I don't want to go back to analogs.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I'll look around here for the staple mod thread, and see what I can do.

Quo Vadis...did you not also post previously about battery problems?

Did you ever get them to charge right?
Sometimes a spin on the bats can reduce the contact resistance. The ligh turns green when no more current is being passed thru the batteries, thus charge is complete. Did you also get an 18650 battery with you PD? If so try it out... batteries are know to be bad even when new. Lowes stores carry a cheap set of 123 batteries for around 5 bucks for 2, non rechargeable of coarse but worth a shot. Hope you get it figured out.

deeanne59

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Thanks Cddz, I hope I do too. I found the staple mod thread...I don't have any #4 staples that I know of (I have the smaller office staples though).

No, I only received the RCR123A batteries that come with the PD....didn't order any others. I have a page on Amazon bookmarked that has 10pks of RCR123A batteries for around $36.00.... what voltage is that 18650? Is that the 3.7v? Is that better than the 123A's?

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Thanks Cddz, I hope I do too. I found the staple mod thread...I don't have any #4 staples that I know of (I have the smaller office staples though).

No, I only received the RCR123A batteries that come with the PD....didn't order any others. I have a page on Amazon bookmarked that has 10pks of RCR123A batteries for around $36.00.... what voltage is that 18650? Is that the 3.7v? Is that better than the 123A's?
the 18650 is a 3.7v battery, only one will fit. As far as better depends on how you like to vape, I am happy with 3.7, but thats me :p

deeanne59

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
Raleigh, NC
the 18650 is a 3.7v battery, only one will fit. As far as better depends on how you like to vape, I am happy with 3.7, but thats me :p

I like to vape, and taste and TH are important to me. I have been trying to vape again at 3.7v since I have been having trouble, but now I am not used to it after using the PD....it is like sucking air, but maybe I will get used to it again. I want to be able to use the PD without changing batteries every 2 hours....plus I want to try carts with PTB once in a while, hard to do with dead or dying batteries.

Oh, and that one 801 atty is "deader than a doornail"...no heat, no sizzle, nothing. Oh well. I have the other atties working right now without the mod...I am letting the batteries stay in the charger a little longer.

Will I need to order that other switch assembly to use the 18650 battery at 3.7v?

deeanne59

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
Raleigh, NC
to get the best performance out of the 18650 battery yes you will need the switch without the resistor, or it will actually have less performance then a typical 3.7v nominal 510

R.F.

Thanks RF...I will look into the switch and 18650 battery. It will probably be good to have a change of pace, anyway :D

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
This worked for me:

I noticed poor performance on my Prodigy, then it would intermittently not work at all sometimes. I tried new batteries, atomizers, nothing seemed to work well.
Knowing that brass tarnishes, I went to Walmart and purchased a tube of MAAS brand metal polishing cream. I used a Q-Tip to apply and wipe off all of the brass contacts. I was amazed on the amount of black tarnish that came off of the contacts. I mean, it was a lot! Now my contacts are bright and have a "chrome-like" shine. My Prodigy was only about a month old. The performance is up to par again... love my Prodigy.
No doubt basic maintenance is needed for a smooth running vaporizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread