Some newbies should have hands on guides! AKA what a mess I've made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliChic

Jan 23, 2011
GA
Ollo,

28 Jan, purchased:

Riva 51O SE Edition
EM Riva 510
EM Riva 510 Low Resistance
4 X 5ml 24 mg juices

Came with 10 blank carts; SO should have treated them with more respect!

Read more and pretended to be mad scientist with tea bag mods.
Thought I was all that and then some...
Mods did not work.

Irriated at this refilling over and over thing.

04 Feb, purchased the following:

Clear Blue Ego - T cartridges 5 pack (whoops)
30 ml 14 mg juice (underestimated nic need)
5 ml 8 mg juice menthol (MINT MINT MINT but good. Learned about dedicated atty. A MUST.)

TOTES hating this refilling over and over thing.

06 - 07 Feb,

Received T carts (whoops.) UT OH!
Read and learned of Boge cart's (?), Chinese New Year shut down, out of stock items, panic sets in.
Cartomi's ? (not in stock nor are blank carts). WHAAAA??
Reread cart mods, went to Pet Store and bought Maineland blue aquarium FILTERS.
12 year old ringing me out asked if I had a salt water tank. Um, yes?
Product fail.
Bangs head.

REALLY hating this refilling over and over and over thing.

08 Feb,

Reread ECF; FOAM NOT FILTER YA DOLT!
Bangs head harder.
Order 2 X 24 nic juices I know I like and eGo T cart atty I HOPE will work with T carts I have and fit my Riva 510.

Cursing refilling and dripping juice everywhere. MUCH cursing and mess.

***FYI even a small amount sucked in is NASTY! Pay attention when they say don't overfill *gags***

Re-reread cart mod forum, back to Pet Store. 12 year old sales person gives me the side eye.
*Harumph*
No Maineland blue foam in stock.
Fluval foam purchased.
Product fail. This is absurd.
Also bought Aqua-Pure Polyfiber.
Teen worker bee ran fast fast away when I flat out told him that I would NOT be using these for any fish related purposes. (Wus).
Polyfiber currently working(ish).

MUCH love to Liberty-Flights. Customer service can NOT be beat!

Please, by all that is good in the world, reasure me that the eGo T atomizer is going to fit my Riva 510 and the T carts I accidentally ordered. Lie to me for a minute if you must before you tell me I mucked it all up AGAIN!

I have zero desire to go back to analogs, even looking at them makes me gag. (And I am VERY VERY thankful and lucky that I was able to switch from one to the other with no A backsliding) But if I don't get this right soon? I'm gonna cut a ....h!

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
yes, you most definitely can drip without a "drip tip". I pretty much only drip on my 510 atties, but didn't like the light "airy" draw of the drip tips (hole too big) so use a cart with the filler removed. Only difference is you pop off the cart to add 2-3 drops directly on the atty instead of directly through the drip tip (found using the drip tip that I regularly got a little juice on my lips/in my mouth yucky anyway). 3 drops is usually good for about 8-12 draws or about equivelant to one cigarette. When flavor changes, just remove the cart and add a couple more drops. No big deal.

tabithad

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Maine
There was a empty cart ( aka tip ) that came with your Riva, it's probably black with a tiny hole in the top. Just directly drip 3 drops on your atty, and put that little black lid on it.... and voila... keep popping it off and dripping once you find the taste is drying up.. maybe 5-10 vapes later...
Another helpful thing is to go on Youtube and search" Riva drip" see what videos come up to show you how

CaliChic

Jan 23, 2011
GA
Hurm, thanks. So basically you drip 3-4 drop on the atty then reattach a clean blank cart, no filler? Just make sure you don't let the atty run dry as that will ruin the atty yes?

One of my biggest issues is having to refill so often and how sticky it is. Please tell me the eGO T atty I ordered combined with the T carts I accidentally ordered and have on hand will cut down on that since they hold more? If not, I would rather know now rather than get another shipment that won't work.

Words to the wise newbies; read, read, read and then? Read some more. Then watch the YT video's and if you still don't
"get it"? ASK!

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
You will LOVE the eGo-T Atty, and yes, it will fit any 510 style battery, although it will be ugly if you don't use an eGo battery.

Since I've gotten my eGo-T, I've stopped looking at other PV's, I'm afraid it'll get jealous and stop being the best thing since sliced bread for me :p

It does everything I could want. Fill the tank, pop tank on, consistent vaping. I get about 4-5 hours out of a tank, YMMV. So, I carry 3-4 tanks on me at any given time.

Make sure you blow out the atty VERY WELL between flavors, or else there is some horrid bleed-through, and unsavory flavor combinations can happen :) (Read RY4 + Redbull = Nasty)

tabithad

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Maine
humm... I don't get sticky, just drip in and put the cap back on. But I do have to do it every 7-10 vapes though... I like changing flavors and strengths frequently so I am happy doing that.
Yes just drip 3 drops on your atty, no more than 3 at a time, maybe 4 the first few times you do it to make sure the atty is wet enough... then back to 3 drops...

I have the EGO T atty and carts to go on my EGO and I filled one up and tried it...it was easy and clean but I found they dragged too hard, I was going through juice like mad and the taste was not nearly as good as dripping the juice directly on the atty is.... but it's completely a personal preference...everything about VAPING is personal...equipment, style and flavor and nic level....

CaliChic

Jan 23, 2011
GA
Many thanks all. I'm just so very sick and tired of the refilling, the juice mess and getting a mouthful of it *GAG*

I'm sure some of my aggravation stems from the drop in the nic level however, these were issues even before that.

Here's to high hopes for the eGo T tank thingy on my Riva SE 510! And the move back up to the 24 nic juice :D

And YAY! I have a siggy now!!!

CaliChic

Jan 23, 2011
GA
Or you could try carto's. The boge cartomizers hold about 1 ml of juice.

That was a first choice but apparently because of the Chinese New Year, will be out of stock for a while. Def still on my "to try next" list.

If the tanks still don't do it for you, a juice fed device might be the answer. There are several different styles to get. Reo, Wetbox, Phidias, and probably more that I'm forgetting.

AAAAHHHHHH no more ideas until I get this hot mess under control :laugh:

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh! No more ideas until I get this one under control LOL!
You can also get a Vape Mate from Super-T. It's a juice feeder add on for any PV that takes a 510 atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread