Some help

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
Hi guys,
I need some advice please.
I'm looking at the Hellvape Seri RDA. It's a triple coil RDA that adds up the resistance of the coils instead of halving it. For example, if you have x3 0.10 resistance coils, it would come out at 0.30ohm. Obviously you need a high powered mod for such a thing. A reviewer I watch on YT (Mike Vapes) says you will need a 10-12v mod to power this RDA.
My question is, does this mean I would need a mod that uses 3 batteries? A 21700 battery is 3.6v, so 2 of them is only 7.2v. How would one get 10-12v from a mod?
I'm not yet at the stage where I feel comfortable with a mechanical mod. My understanding of ohms law etc isn't that great and I don't want to risk it.
I see some dual battery mods claiming an output of 12v (Geekvape Aegis X for example, a dual 18650 mod). But how can a dual battery mod output 12v when even a 21700 has 3.6v? How is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,

Buck/boost is the concept to investigate.

Cheers
I

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
Hi and welcome,

Buck/boost is the concept to investigate.

Cheers
I

That's great. Thank you.
So dual battery mods that claim an output of 12v will have this inductor>capacitor set up in order to give that high voltage?
So I will be able to run this RDA with 3 coils in a regulated 200w mod just fine, so long as it advertises a 12v output?

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
That's great. Thank you.
So dual battery mods that claim an output of 12v will have this inductor>capacitor set up in order to give that high voltage?
So I will be able to run this RDA with 3 coils in a regulated 200w mod just fine, so long as it advertises a 12v output?
As noted, amperage is sacrificed for voltage.

IMO, battery choice (25A or greater), will be of the utmost importance if you plan to run close to the limits of the vv/vw device. 3 cells or more would be safer and provide considerably more run time.

Hth
I

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
As noted, amperage is sacrificed for voltage.

IMO, battery choice (25A or greater), will be of the utmost importance if you plan to run close to the limits of the vv/vw device. 3 cells or more would be safer and provide considerably more run time.

Hth
I

Yes. I only use high drain batteries anyway (30A+). I will look into using a triple battery mod though. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread