Some finish care thoughts for your super-T mods…

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3mon

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
san antonio
I’m a huge polished metal fan. It’s something that drew me to the new ELA coming out soon. I’m also a custom truck owner and I’m big on taking care for my show truck:
DSCF0001.jpg

531579_146064415530910_1892235045_n.jpg

The point of this thread, though, isn’t to show off my truck…but because I’m sure others, like me, have an attention to detail and will want their Super-T APV to look awesome and though a thread about SS care would be useful. :D I read this from forcedfuel50 (which I’ve been wondering if is a name referencing hotrods…lol)

Tip of the day: I just received an email from a customer who noticed a two tone look to his Shockwave. This results from handling on my end, the top cap, since it is finished seperately and so much more handling goes into it, it picks up more oils from hands, causing it to have a bit different shade then the body. It's an easy fix though, just a damp clean cloth with a bit of dishsoap and that will clean them up even. You can do a bit of polish too will have the same effect. Just always clean and polish with the grain (read around the mod) when washing or polishing, not up and down on the mod which can cause scratches.

I don’t know if it’s “good form” to suggest metal polishes here…but I’ve had awesome results using Adam’s polish and am looking forward to trying it out on my soon-to-own ELA :D i actually have a method i use on my wheels that helps maintain the shine that should work great for a SS mod too

What do you use? Do you “strip clean” it with dish soap as suggested or do you have another method?

Last edited:

d3mon

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
san antonio
I’m sure others, like me, have an attention to detail and will want their Super-T APV to look awesome and though a thread about SS care would be useful.

oooooor not LOL

with proper care...you can keep or mod looking pretty awesome :D and, becasue this is something i know a bit about...thought i could be as helpful with THIS as you
2012-04-06_15-52-11_32.jpg

2012-04-06_15-11-40_723.jpg

Last edited:

LadyMaMa

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
SE Minnesota
David's shiny finish isn't mirror-like (and I'm glad) It's shiny but not a finger-print magnet. I just wipe my Tower of Power (Shockwave) with a soft cloth, and every once in a great while, I soap it up and rinse it off.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Adam's polish. Not needed on my Super Ts yet, but maybe I'll pick some up and give it a go on my SS pots and pans for now. They're in sad need of some help.:facepalm:

Awesome truck, D3mon, and it's black! My personal favorite. We need to talk David into doing a black Precise/ELA. :)

Susan

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
David's shiny finish isn't mirror-like.
Susan

I have some of his Contoured Wide Mouth Stainless Steel T-Tips that are a coulple of years old.......when I bought them they were highly polished
to a mirror like finish, you should see them in the sunlight---bling bling:)

Last edited:

d3mon

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
san antonio
David's shiny finish isn't mirror-like (and I'm glad) It's shiny but not a finger-print magnet. I just wipe my Tower of Power (Shockwave) with a soft cloth, and every once in a great while, I soap it up and rinse it off.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Adam's polish. Not needed on my Super Ts yet, but maybe I'll pick some up and give it a go on my SS pots and pans for now. They're in sad need of some help.:facepalm:

Awesome truck, D3mon, and it's black! My personal favorite. We need to talk David into doing a black Precise/ELA. :)

Susan

very true that it's not a high polish finish. but even with a "polished grain"...a bit of polish can really bring some shine.
cap1.png

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
mind you that 2j swap in a pickup has crossed my mind.... did you fab the mounts?

Yes, i fabbed everything on it from the 2jz to powerglide adapter plate, the turbo header, the downpipe, intercooler piping, 8.50 roll cage etc. With the 2jz at 30psi boost it made 695 wheel HP and 689 Tq and ran a best in the quarter mile of 9.2 secs @ 146mph with 1.3 60fts.

d3mon

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
san antonio
See, now I appreciate David more now that I see this thread lol. I have yet to do major work to my CTS V coupe, but in the past have had twin turbo vette/ vipers. I like the sleeper trucks :)

my truck's got a pretty decent cam and rocks a bit when it idles. i ain't foolin' no one when i'm sitting next to them at a light LOL

Vcoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Gotham
my truck's got a pretty decent cam and rocks a bit when it idles. i ain't foolin' no one when i'm sitting next to them at a light LOL

Lol I hear ya, the sewing machine in your tailgate is making that sound shhh ;). Trucks that move are fun nonetheless, one day ill do the truck thing, might go the other route with a pre runner.

bkt808

Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
maui hawaii
Lol I hear ya, the sewing machine in your tailgate is making that sound shhh ;). Trucks that move are fun nonetheless, one day ill do the truck thing, might go the other route with a pre runner.

only problem with making power with a truck is putting it down to the ground, trucks rear are really light and without a ladder bar or 4 link setup its spin city.
What rear end did your truck have David?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread