Some DIY Menthol Tobacco questions/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
I'm trying to create the perfect Menthol tobacco for myself. I'll preface saying that I think the perfect menthol tobacco is already out there - Captivape's Newport Menthol - so if I could get something like that figured out, I'd be in heaven.

This is what I'm trying so far:

60/40 PG/VG at 18mg

5% TFA tobacco Blend (the alcohol tobacco absolute/ethyl maltol mixture from their site)
2% TFA Menthol (their premixed blend on this as well)
1.5% TFA Molasses

Now, while I like this blend, I feel like it's missing "something". Some darkness.

I have a lot of tobacco flavors from FlavourArt, but I don't really like the woody, oakie flavors that most of them have.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
how do you feels about turkish type tobaccos?

I use the TFA tobacco absolute at 3%, then 1.5% desert ship for my base....methol is menthol...but you could experiment with like maybe a chocolate or cocoa type mint...cocoa gives tobaccos a richness ...just dont go overboard and mute your base

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Now, while I like this blend, I feel like it's missing "something". Some darkness.

I have a lot of tobacco flavors from FlavourArt, but I don't really like the woody, oakie flavors that most of them have.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

If you found a tobacco flaver you already like try adding 1% AP (Acetyl Pyrazine) to it. It will give the mix a bit of a nutty flavor to it. I to don't like the woody, oakie flavor and don't care much for the dark flavor either.

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
how do you feels about turkish type tobaccos?

I use the TFA tobacco absolute at 3%, then 1.5% desert ship for my base....methol is menthol...but you could experiment with like maybe a chocolate or cocoa type mint...cocoa gives tobaccos a richness ...just dont go overboard and mute your base

Hah, Desert Ship is one of the ones I don't have.

I have:

FA 7 leaves
FA Burley
FA Dark Vapture
FA Virginia
FA Latakia
FA Parique Black
FA Mellow Sunset
FA Oryental 4

Honestly, I don't like most of them (some I haven't tried). Too much of a woody flavor. I doubt I would like Desert Ship for that reason (Turkish tends to be woody, doesn't it?)

I will try the Cocoa I suppose.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
So, I did order some Cocoa and Acetyl Pyrazine, should be here soon.

In the meantime, I did find something that seems much closer to what I want:

3% TFA Tobacco Blend
2% TFA Menthol
2% VZ Virginia

It's almost dead on, but not quite strong enough. I guess I'll see how it steeps out.

I've read that tobacco absolute is more of an addition to tobacco than a tobacco. That is what I have been using it for, to add to my other tobaccos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread