so you started using titanium "need to know"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZ9kid

Jul 19, 2015
So to start off I know thier is other posts and threads on this topic that I have read and I want to give my thoughts on this. Due to me being a new member I couldn't post in those threads, but here is my best professional view. I'm not a scientist but I am a welder/machinist, that being said don't take this as the word of god this is still a vape at your own risk.

TIG welding titanium is where I get my knowledge. The danger Is Tio2 and you have plenty of warning before you reach that point. I never wear a respirator when welding titanium. The color will tell you everything you need to know.

safe color
silver
gold/straw

Safe but warning colors
Blue
purple
bronze

Last warning
red
Brown

Hazardous (Tio2)
Dual grey
powder white
Powder yellow

Because I'm tig welding I never reach past a rainbow of gold blue purple bead because I can control the temp of the weld.. Hmm sounds like a temp control mod.

(but I think I'm enhaling Tio2) you say.

If you think that and are scared of the big c word your body will warn you something is wrong. Tio2 will cause metal fume fever, exist is real ask a welder they will tell you it sucks. So in other words if you are nauseous, head ache, light headed, or disoriented that is the fume fever and you need to stop vaping on those coils immediately. Symptoms will go in a few hours after You leave exposure except the head ache that will stay for a few days.

Now this is the best way to know you're vaping safely. Build your coils just like nickel spaced out. I run a dual simple coil build seven wraps and read at .18 ohms. The best part is you don't need it to be perfect like nickel, just wrap wic vape.

I don't want to get in to the welding and the use of argon and how oxygen contaminants the weld.

Just remember if using titanium to vape don't dry burn, keep your temp 100 degree less then nickel, and keep an eye on your wire for color change and you should be safe. If you ever feel symptoms of fume fever toss those coils and redo.

Hope this helps sorry I wrote a book just want you all to get a better idea and vape safe.

Peace,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread