So what's new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL
Hey everyone, I used to frequent these forums daily about a year ago. I had quit vaping and have been snusing exclusively since. I started thinking about it earlier today, and I'm wanting to go back to vaping. I remember being really into mods. Last things I remember, we were waiting for the OMeGa to come out from AltSmoke, and I was hanging out with Carlos and discussing his juicebox. I actually still have it, and it works great.

I'm currently wanting to know what everyone considers the best mod on the market nowadays. What's new? And what's the most popular juices? Granted, like I said, I still have my juicebox mod from Carlos, and I still have a sandwich bag full of juice bottles of different flavors and strengths. However, I'd like to try a more traditional PV as well, and get others' opinions.

Thanks,

Kis

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Three of the best on the market:

5 volt GLV2 or 3: Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

Variable volt Darwin: Nhaler

Darwin Review: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ressions-newest-pre-production-prototype.html

As a VERY heavy vaper, I get 21+ hours on a charge with my Darwin. One of the nicest features is the "regulated boost circuit" technology. Your last inhale after 21 hours is just as good as your first on a fully charged battery - no drop off in performance. Plus a full 2 year warranty at no charge and it doubles as a pass-through, although it is hardly needed.

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL
Yeah, that Darwin is pretty expensive (brings to mind the GG line), and in my opinion, is dastardly in looks. I do like the fact that it has its own battery though, and the warranty on it. The ProVari, though, now THAT looks cool. I definitely like the features and look. It'll probably be a couple weeks at least before I can save up enough for a mod and some atomizers, so hopefully it will still be on sale when I'm ready to buy. Unless, of course, I find something else I want more :)

Last edited:

fun2btango

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Ardmore TN
Hey everyone, I used to frequent these forums daily about a year ago. I had quit vaping and have been snusing exclusively since. I started thinking about it earlier today, and I'm wanting to go back to vaping. I remember being really into mods. Last things I remember, we were waiting for the OMeGa to come out from AltSmoke, and I was hanging out with Carlos and discussing his juicebox. I actually still have it, and it works great.

I'm currently wanting to know what everyone considers the best mod on the market nowadays. What's new? And what's the most popular juices? Granted, like I said, I still have my juicebox mod from Carlos, and I still have a sandwich bag full of juice bottles of different flavors and strengths. However, I'd like to try a more traditional PV as well, and get others' opinions.

Thanks,

Kis

Welcome Back to Vaping and good luck! This guy has a sale on his kits right now http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...igo-kits-1300mah-45-00-650-mah-40-00-a-3.html POST #28

You can't hardly beat the price for these IGO kits. The batteries last all day and the carts hold about 2.5 mil of juice. That will generally get me through a day of Vaping! I love both the the 1300 and the 650 mah. You can't beat $40.00 for a kit! Sale ends today however!!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If the price of the Darwin has you skittish, ProVape has the ProVari on right now for $159, with all accessories on sale as well.

ProVape - ProVari

When you add up everything extra you need to bring the Provari up to the level of the Darwin, the cost is about the same and even more if there isn't a sale.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Well, after reading some more about the Darwin, I have to admit, I really do want to try it out. Might be a while before I can save up for it though.

The Darwin fits nicely in the hand and I really like that it lays flat. No more PV rolling off the desk and smashing on the floor. Since using the Darwin, I get more people asking about it and I have more opportunities to talk about vaping and the advantages.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
When you add up everything extra you need to bring the Provari up to the level of the Darwin, the cost is about the same and even more if there isn't a sale.

True, but my real problem with the Darwin is its non-replacable proprietary battery. I put up with that in my iPhone because I replace it when new ones come out because of the nice deep carrier subsidies. I hadn't planned on doing that with a PV and don't really want to spend the $25 + shipping both ways from and to Canada to have it replaced (and so be without it for a couple of weeks minimum) It's a very intriguing device but I rather like the ProVari's convenience of just being able to swap fresh batteries when needed. It just gives me some peace of mind, especially if I'm going to be away from a suitable power source for a while.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
True, but my real problem with the Darwin is its non-replacable proprietary battery. I put up with that in my iPhone because I replace it when new ones come out because of the nice deep carrier subsidies. I hadn't planned on doing that with a PV and don't really want to spend the $25 + shipping both ways from and to Canada to have it replaced (and so be without it for a couple of weeks minimum) It's a very intriguing device but I rather like the ProVari's convenience of just being able to swap fresh batteries when needed. It just gives me some peace of mind, especially if I'm going to be away from a suitable power source for a while.

First, the Darwin is manufactured in OHIO, USA. Second, the batteries have a full one year warranty and are expected to last at least two years. For the performance you get (21+ hours on a charge), never needing to carry extra batteries around and being a "pass-through", also, I think needing to spend $25 every two years to replace the battery is well worth it.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
First, the Darwin is manufactured in OHIO, USA. Second, the batteries have a full one year warranty and are expected to last at least two years. For the performance you get (21+ hours on a charge), never needing to carry extra batteries around and being a "pass-through", also, I think needing to spend $25 every two years to replace the battery is well worth it.

Keep in mind that for me, that's likely to be well over $50 with shipping both ways (I'm in Canada) plus a 2-4 week wait 'til I get it back. That alone could buy me 4 AW 18650s. Don't get me wrong, I do like the Darwin, I think it has a much more useful screen and easier voltage switching, but if I'm somewhere without the ability to charge, especially if I forgot to charge my battery (it happens around here) I have more peace of mind knowing I've got a few backups I can just swap in as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread