so new, i got my first today:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loughy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
washington, pa
so im going to start this thread cause i have questions and i would like to keep track of my progress to help others:) so, i did some research on here for the last couple of weeks and i decided to buy the joye 510 from e-cigexpress on wednesday this week. i currently smoke 1 pack a day of marlb. lghts and i have been smoking for about.....wow never thought about it but 16 yrs now......downer. anyway, i figured i could try this to help me stop smoking the evil chemical sticks, so today(saturday) i recieved my 510, wow nicely packaged, i got the kit that comes with 2 atty, 2batts, charger and 30ml of coffee, so i opened everything up and its been maybe an hour since i have had my last analog, sooo, i screw it together put on a marb high cart take my first hit and WOW im in love........ damn you guys for getting me hoked on this glorious habit:) so im in the process of charging my batts, and i will keep you guys informed as to how things go:) so i do have a question, the kit came with 5 marb carts, 2 high, 2 med, and 1 low, and i got a bottle of coffee, can i drip the coffee on the marb carts when they are done just to keep me vaping till i get some blanks? and if so how many drips would be sufficient and (i know lame question) do i drip into the cart packing or straight on to the atty? hahahaha im o excited im like a 32 yr old schoolboy right now:) i cant wait for it tooo charge:)

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
Welcome! And yes you can drip the coffee liquid right on the marlboro cart, tho it might not taste great. Or you can take a pair of tweezers and pull out the cart filling, squeeze out the leftover liquid and rinse the filler in hot water to clean it. Then just use the tweezers to stick the filler back in the cart and fill it with the coffee liquid. I use a big safety pin or a toothpick to move the filler around to make sure that plenty of liquid gets down in the filler. You want it to look mushy/slushy on top when it's full, not quite a puddle.

Good luck and if you have more questions,just holler, someone will usually have an answer :).

Diceman719

Feb 19, 2010
Florida
Congrats! You're gonna love the 510...

As for the carts, once you "empty" one, just pull the filler out of it, rinse it and the cart off under the tap, and dry them off. Then drip your coffee liquid into the empty cart about 2/3 full, and push the filler back in.
That's it!
You might still taste the original Marlboro for a bit as it gets in the atty, but it goes away (you can also clean the atty if you want; I never do)...

Good luck, and congrats again!

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Welcome and congrats! You will be so happy with the 510 model. Just make sure to have plenty of juice and a few extra attys. I personally haven't burned one out yet, but I've read horror stories of those that have and didn't have a spare!

Don't hesitate to ask questions and keep us posted on your progress. There are plenty of threads here to read and I suggest you pack your brain with as much of it as it can handle

:D

Linda522

May 1, 2010
Michigan
I just got my 510 starter kit yesterday. There is one item in the box I didn't order and am not sure what it is. I got the white components. This item looks like an atomizer, longer than the white ones, but is black. Here is what is on the cellophane: USA Mix, 16mg; and printed in black marker 'Sump/P'.

This item is protected in a rubber sleeve. It isn't listed on my packing slip. I'm confused ...did anyone else get one too? This is my first e-cig so I'm still a real newbie. Thanks.

Linda522

May 1, 2010
Michigan
stover.p, yes I opened it. It has threads on one end and the other end has the tiny round opening. The cartridge is black and the end opposite the threads is white. Since I've not ordered any pre-filled cartridges yet, I don't know what they look like. .... Oh! I just read it again ... silly me, duh, it says 'Sample'. When I first looked at it, I though it read 'Sump/P'. So, yes, I guess it's a free sample. Okay, now, don't laugh too hard.

Correct me if I'm wrong; the pre-filled cartridges are NOT reuseable, right?

Thanks!!

P.S. Tried vaping for the first time; it's fabulous! All the pleasure with none of the bad stuff! Doesn't get any better than THAT!

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma
First off- Can you "pull apart" your sample cart? Or is it all one piece? If you can pull it apart it's a cartridge if not it's a cartomizer. Cartridge is a simple refill with your liquid by dropping a few drops on liquid on it. You can refill a cartomizer it just takes a bit more effort. It's not hard just a little different.

Linda522

May 1, 2010
Michigan
stover.p, thanks.... yes it looks to be a 1-piece. I did a little reading on Vaporkings site (my supplier) and they describe it as what I received. I'm just not sure if it is pre-filled or empty, but I THINK it is pre-filled with USA Mix as it states on the wrapper, 16mg ... probably tobacco flavor. I sent an e-mail to Vaporkings asking for confirmation. Thanks for the input!:)

HawtAngel

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Canada
so im going to start this thread cause i have questions and i would like to keep track of my progress to help others:) so, i did some research on here for the last couple of weeks and i decided to buy the joye 510 from e-cigexpress on wednesday this week. i currently smoke 1 pack a day of marlb. lghts and i have been smoking for about.....wow never thought about it but 16 yrs now......downer. anyway, i figured i could try this to help me stop smoking the evil chemical sticks, so today(saturday) i recieved my 510, wow nicely packaged, i got the kit that comes with 2 atty, 2batts, charger and 30ml of coffee, so i opened everything up and its been maybe an hour since i have had my last analog, sooo, i screw it together put on a marb high cart take my first hit and WOW im in love........ damn you guys for getting me hoked on this glorious habit:) so im in the process of charging my batts, and i will keep you guys informed as to how things go:) so i do have a question, the kit came with 5 marb carts, 2 high, 2 med, and 1 low, and i got a bottle of coffee, can i drip the coffee on the marb carts when they are done just to keep me vaping till i get some blanks? and if so how many drips would be sufficient and (i know lame question) do i drip into the cart packing or straight on to the atty? hahahaha im o excited im like a 32 yr old schoolboy right now:) i cant wait for it tooo charge:)

Hi welcome to the boards. The 510 is a great ecig to start with I have 2 of them and love them. Yes you can reuse those marb carts. Dripping on top of the marb with coffe will give you coffee tobacco taste idk may be good. I would pull the filling out clean out carts. I soak mine in polident works very well. You can rinse and dry well the filler within and replace or fill with fluval from the fish store or my favorite try the lipton tea bag mode. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/30017-video-lipton-pyramid-tea-bag-mod.html

I am with Hecknaw you need to go order yourself some more juice small sample sizes are always good to start until you figure out what kind of flavors you are gonna like. Also order some blank 510 carts you can put any flavor in them. Most of the time the cart take 12 to 15 drops for me sometimes more or less depending on thickness of it. And yes you can just direct drip on addy. Some do this direct dripping method not useing any filler in carts till the vapor wares down then redrip. When useing a new addy you should blow the primer out first then direct drip on addy to prime it. Maybe 3 or 4 drops less is better here do not over flood if you do blow it out again should be fine.

mick11

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
Sounds like your mystery sample is a cartomizer........DON'T USE IT>>>SEND IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY!!!! LOL

Seriously, you will love the convenience of cartomizers......they hold a LOT more juice than the cartridges and can vape them all the way to almost dry every time with never a "dry" hit.

Good luck on your journey.....lots of good people here ready and able to help you along the way.

Last edited:

loughy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
washington, pa
ok, so almost 24hrs now and still enjoying..... i went to a bar lastnight to really test this thing out, alcohol and cigarettes are going to be my hardest to kick:) hahaha, well for being my first day with my joyouse 510, and being able to sit in a smoking bar, and only have 2 analogs all night, or my first 24 hrs on my new ecig, is FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!! hahahahahah, im in love:) thank you everyone for helping me with my quest to stop smoking and with all the wonderful info and lightning fast responses you all submit.....

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Correct me if I'm wrong; the pre-filled cartridges are NOT reuseable, right?

You're wrong :)

The regular empty cartridges are exactly the same as the prefilled cartridges. its just that some e-liquid was added to the filler material to make it pre-filled. So once its 'empty' you can refill it with the same flavor or take out the filler material like others said and clean it and then refill with a different flavor.

Sounds like the sample you got is a cartomizer. A combined atomizer and cartridge. The idea is you'll throw it away when its empty. But these too can be refilled between 3 to a dozen times before they burn out. Search the forums for references to the condom refill method. It'll give you an easy way to refill cartomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread