So, moral dilemma.. Lie to my girlfriend or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3000

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2012
Michigan
I think the problem is the fact that you hide it from her.. My wife gets P.O at me if I hide the fact that the kids got a bad grade on there report card or that I spet $300.00 on a antique lighter. I still haven't told her about that one..Or if you live together maybe the cost..You need to sit down together and have a long talk. Tell her you will buy one for her to they have 0 nic juices.. Then it will be something you both share together..Tell her it will be the one thing that she will have over any other girl before her that it will be your special bond.. Then during your wedding you can invite all of us..And wee can vape till our heads explode..

weinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
ohio :-(
Don't lie to her and tell her that's what you wanna do. It's not her choice. A spouse has no right to tell you what to do if it's not affecting them, your family, or you well being. If she doesn't like it, well, that's her fult. But don't lie to her because when she catches you(which she will) she will be really ...... off.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Seems like her feminine intuition is telling her something is wrong, even if shes not really sure why
Its because you are hiding something from her which is a form of lying
It doesn't matter what that "something" is, she is going to be POed

BTW - It may be easier to get a new girl friend than it is to get a really great vaping setup

kotje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
belgium
everything has been said !
explain the difference of e-cigs and analogs, still nicotine isn't healthy dont forget that.
you stopped ones so you can do it again , but I dont know how long .
I do know if you begin again your addiction level is back at the highest you had before and it will be as hard to beat as before.

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
Lie. It'll make life exciting and if she leaves you over it, good riddance. YOLO bro.

Gave me a good laugh. But seriously, don't lie.

I have a problem with that myself. My husband is a bit on the controlling/critical side, which makes me want to hide or lie about behaviors that I know he won't like. We went to marriage counseling because of it. He learned to bite his tongue and not criticize so much, as well as the boundaries between my decisions and his own. I learned to be more assertive and that being assertive doesn't mean confrontational or argumentative. It just means standing up for yourself in a quiet and confident manner.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I assume she doesn't smoke nor vape (of course..no vape).

Maybe she wants you to get off nic entirely. Maybe she's scared of anything inhaled. Did she say she'd rather have you smoke than vape? Is she afraid of vaping due to fear mongers and/or new-ness of it? Does she know you think you'll fall back on cigs?

I'm not sure she has all the information or she would have your best interests at heart. Sounds like a fear reaction or lack of knowledge that you're at or near nic addiction.

You don't have to lie to her... you have to talk it out and find out what she's really thinking. Then, if she keeps thinking wrong... vape anyway if you have to. Like has been said... your lungs. You may have to vape outside though ;) We'll address that one in thread #2...the continuing saga of "As the vapor disperses". :D :)

EDIT and P.S.: Do you think zero nic will work for you?

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Man Up, Are you spending her money or your money?

If you are spending your money, than you have the right to spend it on what you want. Don't hide it, just tell her the truth, that you are in the process of saving your life. Cigarettes will definitely kill you, E-Cigs are harm reduction.

Tell her to keep an open mind and give her some links to the internet.

If the significant other is too stupid to understand, than maybe she's too stupid to be your girlfriend.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
DISCLAIMER: I suggest you consider vaping zero nicotine juice, but if that doesn't work for you...

I feel like without vaping at least I'll return to cigs, but my gf still sees vaping as a form of "poison" entering me and doesn't know how long vaping as a habit would last
It sounds as if you girlfriend has an over-inflated sense of concern regarding nicotine.
That probably means that she has fallen prey to years and years of brainwashing, and needs an education.

Nicotine is a stimulant with effects similar to caffeine.
Ask her what it is about nicotine that makes her so concerned.

If her only objections is that it is a "poison" then here is how you handle that...

Pretty much any substance on earth, if taken in the right dose, will kill you.
If you drink too much water, or eat too much salt, you will most certainly die.

In the amounts we ingest, nicotine will not kill you.
It won't even come close.

You might also want to read this...
Nicotine Effects

Nicotine is being considered as a therapeutic agent to treat such conditions as attention deficit disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Tourette syndrome, sleep apnea, obesity, ulcerative colitis, and inflammatory skin disorders. [1]

Nicotine has the following benefits:

Relieves depression [2]
Reduces anxiety [3]
Improves ability to concentrate and long term memory [4]
Protects against developing high blood pressure [5, 6]
Protects against weight gain [7]
Protects against developing Parkinson's Disease [8]

I'm not trying to say that nicotine is wonderful and everyone should have some.
But I am trying to say that nicotine isn't the horrible demon that society has been led to believe.

Kremppie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
McKinney TX
Wow...refreshing to read most say to be honest!! However, I don't like people making a decision, without enough information to stand behind how they feel. This really is a personal decision, and hopefully she will understand with more information. Maybe you won't like doing it as much as you think...if you can do it out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread