So many questions in one thread! All pertains to the joose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Question #1
I've been dripping Raz Cup for a few days in the RDA; the wicking was the generic cotton facial pads from Meijer.

Then, I received Koh Gen Doh in the mail today. I pulled the wicking with the Raz Cup from my coils and cleaned the residue off with a q-tip.

I inserted the Koh Gen Doh and generously applied Cheesecake. It wicked up beautifully on the pads.

I vaped, and it tasted like Raz Cup (which is delicious) with a hint of cheesecake. I kept vaping, the taste is still there. I can barely taste the cheesecake, just a hint of it. This is over several applications of cheesecake. I know I didn't give the cheesecake a chance to fully steep yet, I received it last week.

But is this typical when you reuse coils? The residual taste?

Question #2
I bought PBC, and lots of it. Right now it is not steeped. I hit it FOOB. It tastes like organic peanut butter, which I absolutely love. But I was expecting a peanut butter cookie flavor. Do I need to steep this for an extended period of time? Is there another flavor to add to it to make it sweeter? Some suggested Frenilla, but my Frenilla hasn't steeped yet.

I tried Gr3pAp3 75% to PBC 25% and the organic peanut butter flavor was still the predominant flavor.

So, will this PBC become sweeter with steep time, and if not, what other flavors can I mix it with to help?

Thank you all for any insight you can give me.

Take care,
Dani

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
For your first question, when you pulled the wick out did you fire your mod a few times to dry burn the coils? If not that could be why you are getting the Raz Cup flavor left over. Also there could have been a little left over Raz Cup in the well, did you dry it out with a paper towel?

As far as the PBC I am not really sure, I have only had one 15ml bottle of it and it got vaped pretty quickly. But I did notice FOOB it was just a peanut buttery taste not like GCD that had different "layers".

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
For your first question, when you pulled the wick out did you fire your mod a few times to dry burn the coils? If not that could be why you are getting the Raz Cup flavor left over. Also there could have been a little left over Raz Cup in the well, did you dry it out with a paper towel?

As far as the PBC I am not really sure, I have only had one 15ml bottle of it and it got vaped pretty quickly. But I did notice FOOB it was just a peanut buttery taste not like GCD that had different "layers".
No, I did not fire the coils. I thought I would ruin them. Now I know I won't. And yes, I cleaned up all leftover residue with a paper towel and q-tip.

Thanks, now I know I can dry burn those coils. I put a lot of time into those coils, darn it!

I'm starting to believe I'm not supposed to be a "dripper" which is too bad because I really wanted to try the whole Reo experience.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I third the dry burning of coils after you pull out the old wick, before you put in the new wick. Depending upon what I was dripping before, I may also rinse it off.

Can't help you on the PBC. It did not hit for me and I gave it away.

Edit: when you dry burn your coils, fire it in short bursts until the coil glows. Wait for it to cool and if it was really gunked up very, very gently run piece of cotton ball wick through the coil. Move that cotton ball wick back and forth to help clean the inside of the coil. Take the cotton ball wick out and throw it away. Dry burn briefly until the coil starts to glow red. Put in your good KGD wick, soak it in juice and vape happy :)

Your coils will last longer with a brief dry burn. Just don't overdo it and you will get a good month or longer on the coils.

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
Dani, sit back and look at where you are. At one month into your vape journey you are building coils and are successful at it! Me at one month I was still using clearos on egos. You are doing great girl! Time and practice is what it takes. If you have the time wrap a few coils just to do it. Watch videos on youtube.

The PBC will improve with age. And that Frenilla may help because it has been steeping at NT central. What resistance are you building your coils at? Try a little lower or a little higher. Besides dialing in the taste for the PBC you are also getting practice building coils. Kanthal is relatively cheap, a few cents per coil.

Finally keep firing the questions. What they say is true... The only dumb question is the one you don't ask... You're family now, we are here for you!

JC4FreeC

Oct 25, 2014
NC.USA.EARTH
danibanani,
I understand your frustration and anticipation (and overall enjoyment) :D. As a noob to rebuilding as well, I am going through the same things... 1st I applaud you on your success (again, your story on COPD was moving) and openness to inquiring - secondly, heres what I have done. if I switch flavor, I clean and rebuild, even if the flavors compliment each other, 2-3 5ml tanks on my LEMO, I rebuild. It seems all things get better with practice (especially rebuild times).

As far as the flavor complexities go (NT YUM) , I would have to let someone else respond. All I know is that the longer you wait (if possible) the better the flavor profile. NT blends are the absolute best I have had in 3+ years and better than anything my wife and I have crafted. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
I change flavoring a lot through the day. If it's in the same area like Frenilla, CLS jooose then I don't change wicks. If I go to a fruit jooose or something that don't go w/ what I was dripping, I change wicks. I dry burn every time & if the coil looks like it's guncked up I will fire it, let go & hold it under small stream of water very carefullllly, then repeat 2-3 times, then wipe dry. You like the KGD a lot better?

onefastvette

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Cleveland, OH, USA
I find Raz Cup to be a strong (and delicious) flavor that when mixed with PBC or Cheesecake will likely over power both of them with the tanginess of the raspberry before the vanilla comes into play. So, lots of people here have mentioned dry burning the coils and washing which are both going to help. Your only other alternative is to keep on vaping it and eventually the Raz Cup will disappear as you re-drip the PBC.

With respect to PBC, the organic PB on a FOB bottle is really nice. I think the cookie is subtle and comes out with steep time. PBC is a really good vape.

You might want to try the Cheesecake topping ratio of 10% Raz Cup and 90% Cheesecake. That's a good mix, or if you have Got Cookie, try 10% Raz Cup, 10% Got Cookie with 80% Cheesecake for a chocolate-raspberry delight. :)

Half of the fun of these juices is mixing them as so many of them play and pair well with each other.

Good luck and have fun!

Ron

olwildbill

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City Missouri
I third the dry burning of coils after you pull out the old wick, before you put in the new wick. Depending upon what I was dripping before, I may also rinse it off.

Can't help you on the PBC. It did not hit for me and I gave it away.

Edit: when you dry burn your coils, fire it in short bursts until the coil glows. Wait for it to cool and if it was really gunked up very, very gently run piece of cotton ball wick through the coil. Move that cotton ball wick back and forth to help clean the inside of the coil. Take the cotton ball wick out and throw it away. Dry burn briefly until the coil starts to glow red. Put in your good KGD wick, soak it in juice and vape happy :)

Your coils will last longer with a brief dry burn. Just don't overdo it and you will get a good month or longer on the coils.

I must say P YOUR as handy as a pocket on a shirt darling' images.jpg

olwildbill

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Kansas City Missouri
No, I did not fire the coils. I thought I would ruin them. Now I know I won't. And yes, I cleaned up all leftover residue with a paper towel and q-tip.

Thanks, now I know I can dry burn those coils. I put a lot of time into those coils, darn it!

I'm starting to believe I'm not supposed to be a "dripper" which is too bad because I really wanted to try the whole Reo experience.

I sure disagree with your last statement here darlin':blink: You have accomplished so much in the short time you have been vaping:) I'm impressed the way you ask questions to help improve your vaping experience:thumb:

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I haven't had this problem since using the readyXwick. I think I love it. I also do not change anything when switching flavors that are similar. If needing to change the wick for flavor, I dry burn the coil and wick rinse with water or dry off, repeat until coil is clean and readyXwick is white again. New flavor ta da! :) I do this at work all the time in the private bathroom hehe

Tracey

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I sure disagree with your last statement here darlin':blink: You have accomplished so much in the short time you have been vaping:) I'm impressed the way you ask questions to help improve your vaping experience:thumb:

Wild Bill, I could just squeeze you right now. Thank you for the encouragement. xoxoxo

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Thank you all fort the support and encouragement! I appreciate it so much.

I have another question. When mixing flavors, do I use an old bottle, or should I squirt and eye it right in my genitank mega?

Thank you,
Dani

I really need more coffee, I read this as "should I squirt it right in my eye?" I was yelling NO, not in your eye!!! :blink:

If I'm mixing a couple of flavors I will usually have one in my bottle and drip the other as I go or mix both in the REO bottle. I've never used a genitank (don't ask what autocorrect just changed that to, glad I caught it :ohmy:) mega so not really sure how it would work on that. I would have a spare bottle for any mixes.

Good advice from everyone, I will add after I dry burn, in short pulses as mentioned, I use a piece of pipe cleaner to get the baked residue out from the inside of the coil.

As far as PBC, when I first got the V2, I was wishing it was sweeter but as it aged the cookie really did emerge. It's still not as sweet as my usual flavor profile but it is my favorite ADV.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread