So happy to be in good company

Status
Not open for further replies.

so2late4me

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Williston ND
I have only recently learned of the existence of e cigarettes, But boy am i ever happy to have found them. I am the kind of person who wants everyone to be happy. live and let live. So as a smoker i have spent Many years "trying to quit". Because of the way non smokers treat me. I am very tired of people being upset at me for smoking. The problem is I don't want to quit. I find smoking very comforting. I like the idea that i will be able to do what i enjoy with out bothering nonsmokers. I don't want to force others to smoke{ second hand smoke} but i don't want to be forced to quit{ smoking bans everywhere}. I belive ecigeretts will be the perrfect solution. I keep hearing about people wanting to ban ecigaretts. I am very concered. It is because of ecigaretts that am finally able to enjoy my cig with out worring that i could be making some one sick. For the first time in my life, i am guilt free. I think these things can make an amazing difference many like me. I have already joined the cause of keeping them legal and availble to smokers in need. Since i wasn't sure how to post it, I put it in my blog

Welcome! I know what you mean about "good company". It's great to have people to turn to that actually get that you like to smoke, you want to smoke, that nic addiction isn't the only thing that keeps you coming back to smokes again, and again, and again.

I tried explaining to my doctor (when he was on me - again - to stop smoking) that giving me a patch, a pill, gum, wasn't going to work. I tried explaining that "throat hit". That was met with a blank stare followed by the "oh you poor, poor, stupid woman" look. Grrrrr.....

All better now that I've found this place - these folks. I truly hope that I can stop the analogs so that I can go into his office the next time and tell him I've stopped smoking....er...well....... <giggle>

Ok. Now someone pleeeeeze tell me how to let this thing alone for more than 5 minutes at at time!

Pooch Smooches~

Patti

June

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
California
I have only tried a disposable e-cigarette and I am hooked. Even though the battery died before the cart was finished, Gamucci disposable cigarette. Ordered a trial kit, SS Choice No.07. I am not happy with the eight day shipping time. Took three days for e-cigareetes choice to send the order to Fed Ex. I wrote a negative review on their site regarding the shipping time, estimated eight days, but doubt it will be posted. Plan on ordering my next kit from Green Smoke. I like the idea of an atomizer in each cartridge. It will cost me another $139.00, but thankfully I can afford to do so, and refuse to do business with an internet distributor that does not have same day shipping, i.e good customer service. Delayed shipping is unacceptable for this product. I told them to see Zappos regarding customer service and shipping times. A pair of shoes should not be delivered faster than e-cigarettes.

bbl63

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Denver, CO
[I have only recently learned of the existence of e cigarettes, But boy am i ever happy to have found them. I am the kind of person who wants everyone to be happy. live and let live. So as a smoker i have spent Many years "trying to quit". Because of the way non smokers treat me. I am very tired of people being upset at me for smoking. The problem is I don't want to quit. I find smoking very comforting. I like the idea that i will be able to do what i enjoy with out bothering nonsmokers. I don't want to force others to smoke{ second hand smoke} but i don't want to be forced to quit{ smoking bans everywhere}. I belive ecigeretts will be the perrfect solution. I keep hearing about people wanting to ban ecigaretts. I am very concered. It is because of ecigaretts that am finally able to enjoy my cig with out worring that i could be making some one sick. For the first time in my life, i am guilt free. I think these things can make an amazing difference many like me. I have already joined the cause of keeping them legal and availble to smokers in need.

I know what you mean. I feel the same. I'm just hoping that e-cigs will be the answer since I haven't even gotten my orders.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
I have only recently learned of the existence of e cigarettes, But boy am i ever happy to have found them. I am the kind of person who wants everyone to be happy. live and let live. So as a smoker i have spent Many years "trying to quit". Because of the way non smokers treat me. I am very tired of people being upset at me for smoking. The problem is I don't want to quit. I find smoking very comforting. I like the idea that i will be able to do what i enjoy with out bothering nonsmokers. I don't want to force others to smoke{ second hand smoke} but i don't want to be forced to quit{ smoking bans everywhere}. I belive ecigeretts will be the perrfect solution. I keep hearing about people wanting to ban ecigaretts. I am very concered. It is because of ecigaretts that am finally able to enjoy my cig with out worring that i could be making some one sick. For the first time in my life, i am guilt free. I think these things can make an amazing difference many like me. I have already joined the cause of keeping them legal and availble to smokers in need. Since i wasn't sure how to post it, I put it in my blog

I'm with you, I love to smoke. It relaxes me and is something I really enjoy. I gave up alcohol pretty easily but I just don't feel like "me" if I don't have something in my hand to puff on.
Now if I could get over the urge to buy every PV invented, I would be pretty happy.:)

rjp44

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
West Chester, OH
I have only tried a disposable e-cigarette and I am hooked. Even though the battery died before the cart was finished, Gamucci disposable cigarette. Ordered a trial kit, SS Choice No.07. I am not happy with the eight day shipping time. Took three days for e-cigareetes choice to send the order to Fed Ex. I wrote a negative review on their site regarding the shipping time, estimated eight days, but doubt it will be posted. Plan on ordering my next kit from Green Smoke. I like the idea of an atomizer in each cartridge. It will cost me another $139.00, but thankfully I can afford to do so, and refuse to do business with an internet distributor that does not have same day shipping, i.e good customer service. Delayed shipping is unacceptable for this product. I told them to see Zappos regarding customer service and shipping times. A pair of shoes should not be delivered faster than e-cigarettes.

Nhaler has greencig and his customer service is tops. My first order with him was shipped the same day, and when I had a question, he answered the phone himself.

June

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
California
Received my order today, SS Choice No 7. It did take eight days to be delivered. Not sure if the batteries were fully charged. The first battery ran down in one hour. Will make sure it is fully charged and post a review later. The kit comes with the regular strength carts, 16 mg. I was smoking Marlboro light 100s. The nicotine level is less than I expected. Since I am not familiar with the different levels of nicotine, I think I need a higher strength. Anyone care to share what nicotine level you are using? and what brand were you smoking prior to vaping?

June

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
California
Couple of days after using the SS Choice No. 7. My thoughts are "There must be something better than this, or vaping sucks"

I Can't believe new technology is this bad! Batteries die after about 3 hours. Cartridges suck! I have spent the majority of my time the last couple of days switching between the two batteries and trying to get some nicotine from the cartridges. I have went through almost 30 carts in the last two days! My co-workers think I am nuts trying to convince them this is the better way, and I am starting to feel like a fool for trying this avenue!

After reading the site ecigaretteschoice and reading that one of the owners is listed as a Former CIA agent, my thoughts were "WTF!" Oh yeah, let me trust these guys! What a scam! the middle man with an inferior product jumping in on the e-cigarette band wagon for a quick buck.

BTW, RPJ44 please let us know what products you are buying and using from this site? I find it hard to believe you are an actual smoker and are happy with any products purchased from this site...

Ordered a JOYE510 and some sample liquids from Vermont Vapors. This has to get better. Money down the drain with echoice, but based on reviews, looking forward to using the Joye510 and getting some decent cartridges.

Good Lord! This is not an easy beginning, and I know others on this forum have had the same bad and confusing experiences getting started with vaping. All I can say is watch out for the sites that are only out here to make a quick buck!

Wish I had found this forum earlier in my research, and understood the lingo. Is there a blog with definitions that new users can easily access? Did I miss it? It would be so helpful, as in what is a 901, 510. carts, bats, atties, juice, etc. I didn't understand half of the blogs when I first entered the forum. but after perusing the forum for a couple of days I caught myself saying "CARTS" today to a co worker who is interested in E-Cigarettes. He had no idea what I was referring to. I have a training background and am very aware that you cannot start spouting unknown terminology to people who are not involved with the practice. Some will call you on it, but unfortunately most will pretend to know what you are talking about to appear intelligent:confused:.

If this forum is truly interested in stopping the back lash against e-cigarettes, give up the lingo and get serious about gaining supporters. I for one do not want to learn a whole new vocabulary to fit in, and neither do the people you want to get on our side, i.e. politicians. This is too important to be seen as a underground movement where you need a whole new vocabulary to understand what is going on. You are alienating those we want on our side In other words, I do not care for appearing "hip", I want e-cigarettes/vaping to be legal.

Coriakin

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
June: one of the best guides I've read exists on this very forum; if you're confused about terminology or the different models, I would suggest you check out The Wonderful World of Vaping.

And to a previous question about what strength juice to use, I smoked a pack a day of Camel Turkish Jades, and now switch up between 24mg and 18mg. The 24mg in the morning for that first "waking up" vape, and the 18 during the day. I also have some 11mg for when I'm at my computer during long gaming sessions and chain vaping.

Last edited:

rjp44

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
West Chester, OH
June, I'm not using anything from that company. I was just giving you the strength liquids I was using. I've ordered from Nhaler, eastmall.net and widows beads and have gotten quick shipping and good customer service from all of them. If you go here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/21069-ecf-abbreviations-101-a-2.html If you want to learn a lot more about e-cig and the options, take a look here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...gh-4-6-please-do-not-post-here-thank-you.html (Warning, it's quite long). I've had good luck with my 510 and enjoy it, but if you don't want to spend the time it requires, you might be happier with a 2 piece that has the cartrigde and the atomizer together, such as green cig.
If you're interested in becoming an activist for e-smoking, here's an area to start Campaigning discussions - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
....if I could get over the urge to buy every PV invented, I would be pretty happy....

That's me! haha

June, don't get discouraged. If this didn't work well, the Forum wouldn't be so active and full of good testimonies of people who are thrilled to finally be off the analogs (another foreign word) and into vaping.

If I had my way, we would talk about our PV's (Personal Vaporers), not our e-cigarettes. The PV is not a 'cigarette' and we don't 'smoke' them. We vape. As far as I know, nothing about cigarettes has ever had anything but a bad connotation/reputation associated with them, and I for one would like to leave all that terminology behind...forever.

There are some very good PV's out there, I've got one, the Janty Stick. It's handy, dependable, and produces all the vapor you could ever want. But I want one of all the other kinds too! :)

Be patient with yourself. There's a lot to learn. Many of us got a not-so-good PV to begin with, and got frustrated in the beginning, but at least the bad PV is what gave us the hope we needed so badly to quit smoking, and introduced us to this great new hobby. :D

Good luck and happy vaping!

June

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
California
Thanks everyone for all of the good information and support. Apologies to rjp44. I was getting low on nicotine, and turning into this:shock:.
Received the 510 and liquid samples from Vermont Vapors. Really like the 510. Actually, the SS Choice No. 7 is not bad with liquid added to the cartridges. Just wish the batteries did not run down so quickly. Will use it for back up. I will be ordering the PCC also for the 510. Have not been smoking cigarettes and am fine without them. So nice to be able to breathe and not smell like smoke.:)

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
June, sorry you had such a rocky beginning, but I'm sure you'll do fine with your 510.

I started off with the 901, and I love it, but as a beginner, didn't realize I should have ordered liquid or that I was supposed to blow the primer fluid out of the atomizers. My 901 came with 4 sample cartridges labeled med strength, and I ordered 2 additional pkgs (10 cartridges) of the same med. strength. I think they were supposed to be Marlboro tobacco flavor. They SUCKED big-time. I have never tasted anything so horrible in my life.

So I placed an order for liquid, got it a few days later, and have been happily vaping away ever since. BTW, the so-called medium strength was actually 11 mg, way to low for this 38-year+ 2 pack/day smoker. I've been doing just fine on 18 mg liquids.

My friends and family don't really know it, but I have saved them a ton of grief and time by being the first one to do this. So it will be with you, too. But it is so worth it.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread