So glad I gave vaping a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlee72

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
I am new to the community and have been really enjoying my experience here.I love all the information available and being able to get support and advice from other members.
I am really glad that I gave vaping a second chance.I first tried it about 7 months ago and made the mistake of cheaping out on the gear which was the ego starter kit that I bough from someone that was selling them at my work and at that time there was no vap stores in my city now there are 3 that have opened which is great.
Not trying to knock the ego starter kit but I did not like it at all and did not stick with it very long and had came to the conclusion that I didnt like vaping.

But then lately seen a lot of coworkers vaping but with different gear ...they obviously had spent a little more.So asked them because some of them had also originally tried the same Eco starter kit the I did so I asked them if there was a big difference and they said "oh yeah like a night and day difference ".

So after giving it some thought and coming here and getting such helpful advice and information I decided to go down to my local vap store and bought an eleaf. And I have to say Wow they were not Kidding it really is a night and day difference.I absolutely love it ...I can't say enough good things about.

DaniB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
New York
Welcome Dlee72 ! Finding the right setup can make all the difference. Glad you have found something you like.

Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 9.36.08 AM.jpg

Dlee72

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Can anyone share how there translation from cigarettes to vaping went.Did you drop cigarettes right away and all together or did it still take some getting use to? I absolutely plan to drop city all together and the wean myself off the nicotine but I am at the moment still wanting to reach for a cig.I guess it's different for everyone...but has it been a transition and how did it go for you ?

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
I dropped mine down the second I started vaping.

I walked into the Flea Market in East Ridge, TN at 5:50 (They closed at 6 so I was rushing to find the Vape booth hoping they were still open because I thought that was the only place that sold that stuff until I started looking harder.)
I tried several flavors, ended up with a cheap little Ego-T, with a Clearo tank that you couldnt tilt over or your juice would pour out lol. When I walked out of the flea market, I walked out a non-smoker. I havent touched a cigarette since that day. It is mostly mind over matter, and getting the "Repetitious movements of smoking gone", the nictoine just falls into place. I dont even think about cigs anymore, they smell awful to me. I dont even like being around or close to someone who smokesd cigarettes.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Can anyone share how there translation from cigarettes to vaping went.Did you drop cigarettes right away and all together or did it still take some getting use to? I absolutely plan to drop city all together and the wean myself off the nicotine but I am at the moment still wanting to reach for a cig.I guess it's different for everyone...but has it been a transition and how did it go for you ?

It took a month, almost to the day, to transition. Everyone finds their own pace and yes, equipment has a lot to do with it.
From the first day, I dropped to only 5-6 cigarettes per day from the normal 20 I would smoke. Eventually, those kept getting cut back until I was smoking a half cigarette before bedtime. The last night as a smoker, I took four puffs off that cigarette and had to put it out. That was about the 4 week mark.

It has been over two years since that night. :)

For some, it is that morning cigarette that is the hardest to stop. For me, probably true. I remember sitting in front of the fireplace (smoke goes up the flu and not into the house) as my normal routine. I was reading ECF and had my burning cigarette in the ashtray that was sitting in the fireplace. My coffee was beside me and my eGo with a Vivi Nova tank beside the cup. As I am reading and not paying attention to what I am actually doing, it dawned on my that I was vaping and my cigarette was burning up, unused, in the ashtray. From that moment, I knew the morning coffee/smoking routine had just changed to a morning coffee/vaping routine.

How freeing was that?!?!? I didn't have to sit on the floor in front of the fireplace, I could sit in an actual chair or couch and vape and have my coffee in comfort!! Yippeeee! :laugh:

That happened about two or three weeks into my vaping journey. :)

Heybilox

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Belle River, ON, CAN

Hey fellow Canuck, I started this vaping stuff just last Saturday only because my wife and I were on a 5 day trip visiting our sons and our grandkids.We got into Sarnia Ontario early for our grandaughters soccer game and went shopping. I saw a storefront that said Ecigarettes; the rest is history. I had NO plan of quitting smoking, I just wanted something to puff on in my sons houses while we visiting. Hey I have been a chain smoker for 50 years, yep 50 years.In the last 5 days I've had 1 smoke while there are still 3 cartons next to my bed. Unbelievable!! I didn't think of quitting, sure I've been inconvienced and thought it might be better at times if I didn't smoke but I'm a product of the sixties and have always had a rebellious nature. And as I see Vaping gives me that Cause also.
Hey I'm glad you gave it a second chance.This vaping is a thing of fornicating pulchritude!!!!

Congrats on finding a new set up. I went though a similar experience and the right gear makes so much difference.

As it so happens I have kept excellent track, when it was time to buy a new carton, I opted for more e-liquid instead.
It was about a 3 week process for me. I kept a record each day, but didn't put any major pressure on myself. At first I went from 30 a day to 17, then to 12ish, then to 7ish, then none.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
I never planned to quit smoking, just wanted to cut down and save some money. But after a fews days of vaping I simply did not want a cigarette any more. Some people take longer and that's fine too. It's the ones you're NOT smoking that are important. It's fine to use both for a while.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Congrats on giving vaping another shot. It took me 3 tries over 4 years to get it right. My first try in 2009 lasted a week with a cigalike. My second try in 2011 with an eGo and cartomizers lasted a month or so but I smoked the whole time. Finally in 2013 I tried again with a vv/vw Zmax and ProTanks. I continued to smoke and vape for 4 months before I was finally able to give up the cigs. The quality of gear and juice has improved by leaps and bounds over when I tried the first 2 times. That and a thread on ECF made up of a friendly group of encouraging people who were going through the same thing made the difference for me. Third time's the charm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread