Snus containers...what is this "compartment" on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Yes sir, it's called an ashtray, or at least that's a common name.

It came about because in Sweden when portions were first introduced people were throwing the used portions all over the sidewalk and where-ever. From what I understand (I wasn't there) there were complaints, so the manufactures came up with the idea of the ashtray on top of the can.

It might be interesting to know how many people actually use them. Occasionally I do if I'm in a car or some other situation where I can't conveniently dispose of the used portion in a trash can.

Please, don't start spitting this stuff on the sidewalk. All we need is a bunch of anti-tobacco fanatics complaining about used portions.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Yes sir, it's called an ashtray, or at least that's a common name.

It came about because in Sweden when portions were first introduced people were throwing the used portions all over the sidewalk and where-ever. From what I understand (I wasn't there) there were complaints, so the manufactures came up with the idea of the ashtray on top of the can.

It might be interesting to know how many people actually use them. Occasionally I do if I'm in a car or some other situation where I can't conveniently dispose of the used portion in a trash can.

Please, don't start spitting this stuff on the sidewalk. All we need is a bunch of anti-tobacco fanatics complaining about used portions.
Stubby I never spit mine out on to the sidewalk.....But I have seen at least 1,000,000,000 cigarette butts sitting in the street in my lifetime! Think it will be quite awhile before portions catch up..LOL:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread