Read this! Snuffed out - how to get regs wrong, and did pharma play a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
On a serious note.

Wouldn't it be great if this flyer was available for print at local shops? You could fill it out and take a selfie and leave it in the shop. shop owners could package the pictures once a week and mail to their representatives in DC. Can you imagine a congressmen or woman receiving 100's of pictures of their constituents weekly? I have organized and lead letter writing campaigns in the past. This is definitely a cheap way to get our message out. @SmokeyJoe

From not blowing smoke facebook page:

13239079_10207414716500592_7669143108038481295_n.jpg

Just an FYI, I have two local shops who are going to do this as well as at least one Chinese manufacture who will be in Vegas for the convention at the end of the month. I was pretty much blown off when I spoke with CASAA about the idea, but I'm going to continue to pound the pavement and talk to shop owners in my local area next week. I think it would be great if others did the same.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nicotine is Blamed for altering brain development like it makes people stupid.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away . . . but so may a cigarette

Scientists at the University of Houston have unlocked one of the first doors, discovering that nicotine repairs damaged brain function. Karim Alkadhi, associate professor of pharmacology, and his team of researchers at the UH College of Pharmacy recently have established that nicotine has a beneficial effect and, in many cases, even repairs memory impairment caused by stress on the brain.

This research eventually may help scientists develop new approaches and therapeutic agents that run the gamut from boosting memory to treating hypothyroidism. Even greater are the implications for such devastating diseases as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's that could be helped once safe approaches are designed to mimic the beneficial effect of nicotine on stress.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
A use of Data not proven and or facts not in relation in order to deflect the attention of those taking an opposing stand on a matter.

Careful selection of wording can always drive a debate to ones corner and when done properly the opposing party has lost without even realizing.

As you just did. :D

Sure everyone wants Safe Product - Should the FDA be the sole dictator of this safety?
Sure Everyone agrees pricing will be higher - Should these prices = Cigarette Plus Sin TAX?

The Best if the Best is the Blind Statement - $10 Per 30ml bottle Profit<<<< At what Recovery Pricing? $300 Per Bottle retail? Perhaps $450?

Again, I have no Dog in this hunt. My Sword swings for the Future of other Vapers. Unless/until they come to arrest me, my future is secure.

Reasonable Regulation comes through Fair Compromise and Proven Science - Not Dictatorship.

Just on the side of Vapers:
What we have is 2 very opposing Groups and many middle ground individuals.
1) Those seeking -0- Regulation.
2) Those wishing for Government to Regulate every aspect of their lives to avoid making their own decisions.(It is called a Brain People - use it)
3) Those seeking reasonable Regulation for the people through Genuine Science Based Evidence.

Vapers as a part of the Tobacco Market - 0.1%:(

And those in DreamLand.

"Reasonable Regulation" is a misnomer.

Why bother typing misnomers?

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I do not support how far the regulations went on the first round but safety claims are largely conjecture at this point. Better safe than sorry. Everyone should want this to some extent.

Yes, regulation is necessary, but if you read into the details they have taken it to the point of absurdity... I mean if you read the details - if you are going to use a refrigerator to store nic - you are breaking the rules...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Just an FYI, I have two local shops who are going to do this as well as at least one Chinese manufacture who will be in Vegas for the convention at the end of the month. I was pretty much blown off when I spoke with CASAA about the idea, but I'm going to continue to pound the pavement and talk to shop owners in my local area next week. I think it would be great if others did the same.
This sounds like something more suited to the Vaping Militia.
Might want to try and run it by them?

Reactions: Daddy

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA

Like everyone else, I love seeing proactive responses from larger outfits. But I'm not sure how any of them get out of this without serious negative consequences well before the 2 year mark.

Online juice sales to consumers is looking problematic come August. Payment processing and more importantly delivery are going to become increasingly difficult.

Even if the Cole amendment gets final approval, there are still some very large hurdles to overcome with delivery and age verification among other things for juice manufacturers. Products allowed on the market is one thing. How consumers obtain them is another.

States could be even more of threat than the feds. The whole thing is really unsettling on many levels.

Reactions: Buster282

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Like everyone else, I love seeing proactive responses from larger outfits. But I'm not sure how any of them get out of this without serious negative consequences well before the 2 year mark.

Online juice sales to consumers is looking problematic come August. Payment processing and more importantly delivery are going to become increasingly difficult.

Even if the Cole amendment gets final approval, there are still some very large hurdles to overcome with delivery and age verification among other things for juice manufacturers. Products allowed on the market is one thing. How consumers obtain them is another.

States could be even more of threat than the feds. The whole thing is really unsettling on many levels.

The whole thing is tragic on every level. However If these companies are willing to fight to the end........WE, the Very CORE of their business MUST STAND in SUPPORT!!!

I Vote!
I Vape!
:cool:

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
An apple a day keeps the doctor away . . . but so may a cigarette

Scientists at the University of Houston have unlocked one of the first doors, discovering that nicotine repairs damaged brain function. Karim Alkadhi, associate professor of pharmacology, and his team of researchers at the UH College of Pharmacy recently have established that nicotine has a beneficial effect and, in many cases, even repairs memory impairment caused by stress on the brain.

This research eventually may help scientists develop new approaches and therapeutic agents that run the gamut from boosting memory to treating hypothyroidism. Even greater are the implications for such devastating diseases as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's that could be helped once safe approaches are designed to mimic the beneficial effect of nicotine on stress.

Our govt. does NOT want us to be smart.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
..., and therefore the FDA, has the general population's best interests in mind.... They often go astray, the DEA and drug scheduling rationalized by the commerce clause is total horse...., but all of this happens regardless of who is in office.

FAERS Reporting by Patient Outcomes by Year

100k people dying from FDA approved drugs. Not even looking at the blue bars in that FDA statistic. If that's how they consider the population's best interest, I begin wondering which population we're talking about. USA ? Or some North Korean gulag ?

Sure, not all drugs agree with all people. Healing and harming are close bedfellows at times. But with a track record like that; I'd rather take my chances with totally unregulated juices and snake oil sold off the back of a conestoga.

Maybe that's tinfoil hat stuff, or maybe it isn't. Tie it to the FDA's very own graph...

And these 'backroom deals' - neve happened of course in that citadel of integrity :

Larry Klayman files lawsuit against Former FDA commissioner Hamburg, Johnson & Johnson and others sued for alleged racketeering and other claims over dangerous drug Levaquin

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I mean if you read the details - if you are going to use a refrigerator to store nic - you are breaking the rules...

The freezer compartment of my refrigerator is now a "tobacco product" ... :?:

My landlord, who owns the fridge, is really not gonna like paying an extra tax on that ... :mad:

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I was looking at a page for a company in Sweden who sells SNUS, and thought this
was interesting. Might be how they will do the sales here:

Since the enactment of The Tobacco Control Act and The PACT Act in the United States, there has been a lot of accurate but also very non-factual statements made concerning responsibilities under these laws.

US regulations concerning foreign tobacco exporter to consumer seem to be a living entitiy; ever changing.

SnusCentral.com is a Swedish corporation with no warehouse, offices or any other physical presence within the USA. We are an established Swedish company, are, and have always been committed to be compliant with all laws and regulations for all the counties we do business in around the world.

With the guidance of our legal counsel, we have already complied with the non-ambiguous sections of both the PACT Act and the Tobacco Control Act. Our facilitation warehouse is registered with the US BATF as required. As other sections are clarified and created, we will take the necessary steps to ensure we continue to remain in compliance. SnusCentral.com is here for you today and will also be here for you tomorrow.

For Americans purchasing from SnusCentral.com, the following additional steps have already been implemented:
    • We have installed the top industry-standard age verification system available to ensure only those of legal age can purchase from our Snus Store. Should you have any issues in age-verifying your account, please contact us and we’ll help you.
  • · We no longer ship to the US via the Postal Service. Presently we are using UPS.
  • We pay the appropriate duties and government fees up front for you. We use the UPS DDP (Delivery and Duty Paid) service. If you as a customer should be contacted by a local authority to pay taxes or brokerage fees please contact us. We promise you that we’ll sort this out without any problems for you.
  • By US law, all orders shipped to the USA require an adult signature for delivery.UPS will execute this function upon delivery. We cannot waive this requirement; thank the US Congress.
  • As UPS can not deliver to Post Office boxes, all shipping addresses must be to a physical location.
  • · All cans we ship carry the FDA-required warning labels in a random distribution. The labels cover the legally required surface areas.
  • As FDA apparently has no love for the US Military, we are no longer allowed to ship to APO or FPO addresses. We're really sorry about that. Stupid micro-managing, social experimenting Washington bureaucrats.....
  • · Since we are located in and ship exclusively from Sweden, we are able to sell all brands of snus available in Sweden (such as skruf, Knox, Granit, Mocca and others) which do not violate trademark rights or the stupid US Cuban Trade Embargo.
Some things never change:
Our Swedish warehouse receives snus directly from the manufacturers on a daily basis.Since we ship directly from Sweden to our customers, you will receive the freshest snus possible with no delays.

Our snus goes from the manufacturer to our warehouse to you. The snus from eStores with US warehouses goes from the manufacturer to the store’s Swedish Warehouse to shipment to the US Warehouse for final shipment to you.That’s a lot of transit time in unrefrigerated trucks until you receive it.

Our Customer Service is consistently rated among the best since we first opened.We respect and appreciate your business and go over and above to earn your trust every single day.

We know money is tight right now with the global recession. We offer you the lowest possible prices at all times.

Thank you for allowing us to serve your snus needs.If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.

Bästa hälsningar/Best regards, and enjoy your snus!

MOE UNZ
Snus Legend and Manager
The Snus Shop at SnusCentral.com

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a pharmaceutical company came up with an electronic cigarette in the near future.

Yep...I can see it now...
...From the makers of Nicorette - New Nicotine Mist the easy way to stop the smoking habit.

:facepalm: :grr: :facepalm: :grr: :facepalm: :grr:

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
I like that they point out that while nicotine is being demonized as the evil addictive drug in the war on vaping no such measures are being taken against nicotine gums and patches. The galloping hypocrisy of this! I guess it depends on who's selling the nicotine.
Yup... the FDA has no intention of reeling gums and patches in since they're already approved by the FDA, and are manufactured by their comrades/contributors/lords... whatever you want to call the pharmaceutical giants that pull the strings and pad the wallets.
These regulations are designed for one purpose only, decimate the competition (Vaping) and reap the spoils of what's left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread