Frosted Cupcakes

FW Vanilla Cupcake 2.5%
FW Creamy Sponge Cake 1.5%
FW Cake Batter Dip 0.6%
WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.5%
INW Custard 0.8%
OOO Powdered Sugar 1%

Steep time = 4 weeks / the ingredients dictate the steep time / as always, YMMV

On its own it is a very flavorful frosted cupcake. Smooth. Tasty. Moist. / See below for additions.

Cupcake base = FW Vanilla Cupcake, FW Creamy Sponge Cake and FW Cake Batter Dip. The cake batter dip adds moistness to the mix.

The frosting = WF VCE, INW Custard and OOO Powdered Sugar. I wanted a frosting that didn't scream "frosting".

Originally I mixed this minus the powdered sugar. Flavor-wise something was missing. It was good but the cupcake was lacking a more polished, or complete, taste. I shared this recipe with someone on ELR and they suggested adding the powdered sugar. She said it delivers a more finished product in nearly all bakery mixes.

I mixed another batch with powdered sugar. Tested mine minus the PS and then the one with PS. Her idea won out (Big Time). It truly delivered a more complete cupcake profile. Interestingly the powdered sugar didn't make any difference in the level of sweetness. I learned something new with using powdered sugar in bakery mixes.

Any single fruit or combinations of fruits will work with this mix. Start low with the percentages, you do not want a fruit overtaking the main profile. I made a batch with 2% FA Juicy Strawberry and was rewarded with a very nice strawberry cupcake.

1% of a chocolate flavor will give this a chocolaty tease, like a swirl, or a true chocolate cupcake at 2%. That very much depends on which chocolate flavor is used.
I mixed a version of this using SSA Chocolate Mousse at 1.25%. That gave the cupcake something like a chocolate swirl. The chocolate mousse was noticeable, it sat slightly back in the mix.

Add 1.5% WF Chocolate Frosting for, ummm, a chocolate frosted cupcake. If used, then skip adding an additional chocolate. Unless a bold chocolate forward cupcake is desired, then by all means, add another chocolate flavor.

WF Crumble Topping at 0.5% will add a nice streusel-like topping. Or, adding a nut flavor at 0.5% - 0.7% will add an interesting nutty twist.

Users who are viewing this thread