SmokTech SID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow vapers,

So I'm still somewhat new to vaping, I started about 3 weeks ago. I started by buying the X6, and I have to admit, for the price, I'm pretty happy with it. And I now have a protank 2, an aerotank, and a couple other crappy ones which are about to meet the trash. I also bought some 28ga Kanthal and some sterilized cotton and started rebuilding my Kanger coils.

Anyways, so I decided its time to drop my x6 to a back up, and invest in an upgrade on a low budget. After tons of research and youtubing, I came to the decisions between, the MVP 2.0, the Vamo V5, the SmokTech SID, and even the eVic (I know, I know). So last night I came across a brand new Sid for $30 and felt that I absolutely couldn't pass up that deal. So In addition to that, I got the Nitecore i2 charger and 2 Panasonic NCR 18650B batteries (3400 mAh).

So how are your opinions on my first upgrade? I also picked up the Nimbus clone RBA but haven't messed with it until I get holes drilled out...

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
Not a bad set up, im not huge on the panny batteries but they should be okay with the sid. As far as the nimbus goes, try it out before butchering it. The huge air holes are mainly for the sub-ohm crowd which you won't be doing with the sid. A 1.5-2.0 ohm coil should be fine with the stock air hole imho.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Welcome to ECF. As far as your first upgrade I think you did ok. IMHO. I do prefer my MVP over my SID though. But then I prefer a lot of my mods over both of them. Welcome to the wonderful world of spending!!!!
And congrats on the first upgrade. Get the credit card ready.
Be safe and be blessed.

Onion

Dec 22, 2013
New York, USA
I have a SID and must say that overall I'm very happy with it. I got it for around $30 bucks too so I can't complain. It is what it is and for basic vaping it has been great to me. One downfall with mine is that when unscrewing the battery tube from the head the plastic screen cover pressed in. It didn't crack or anything and it's still aligned and all but the screen now is not tight fit as flush as it was before and is slightly loose. I don't know whether it was snapped in to something, press fit, or glued but it is not firmly attached. Just be careful not to put heavy pressure on the screen when screwing things on/off.

Also I would agree that you should just vape your Nimbus as-is for a few days at least to get a feel for it. I also recommend taking small steps when drilling it out and then testing it for a while again. Why do I say this? Because I have drilled something out a little more than I would have liked and you can always drill it out more the next week but you can't un-drill anything without a flux capacitor.

Just be careful not to put heavy pressure on the screen when screwing things on/off.

Also I would agree that you should just vape your Nimbus as-is for a few days at least to get a feel for it. you can always drill it out more the next week but you can't un-drill anything without a flux capacitor.

Thank you I will keep that in mind.

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
I purchased a SID awhile back for about $32 and I like it. The only issue I've had is with it not firing on occasion but that seems to have "healed" itself. I primary purchased a SID because of the light weight and ability to use different size batteries, with the purchase of different tubes, but I'm not a fan of the menu layout or having to turn the unit sideways to read it. Then I saw the Smoke ACE for $37. All the reasons I purchased a SID PLUS a better menu and individual buttons. I got the same color as the SID so I cab use my alternate size tubes.

Mistah

Mar 20, 2014
Ctown Georgia
I purchased a SID awhile back for about $32 and I like it. The only issue I've had is with it not firing on occasion but that seems to have "healed" itself. I primary purchased a SID because of the light weight and ability to use different size batteries, with the purchase of different tubes, but I'm not a fan of the menu layout or having to turn the unit sideways to read it. Then I saw the Smoke ACE for $37. All the reasons I purchased a SID PLUS a better menu and individual buttons. I got the same color as the SID so I cab use my alternate size tubes.

You have short tubes you can use with your ACE? I'd like to get me a shorter tube

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Before I moved almost exclusively to bottom feeders, I had the SID and the MVP2. I preferred the SID and sold the MVP2. The SID is now my BF's (or will be when he decides he's ready to quit smoking). It's sitting quietly on his side of the coffee table, just waiting for him. :)

I enjoyed the SID quite a bit. I think it's a fine upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread