Status
Not open for further replies.

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
In the eternal quest for the perfect cartomizer........

I tried the new Smokestik cartomizers. These cartomizers come in 2 sizes -regular and XL. They come in a variety of flavors and in a sample pack of various flavors. I'm usually a tobacco fan but I found these flavors pretty tasty.

And they work great. The draw is nice and easy. I get a good throat hit using a small cigarette like battery as well as regular Ego batteries. Vapor production is good as well. I'm assuming the cartos are low resistance because of this. A nice advantage of these is the performance stays pretty good even after days of use. I vape heavily and after a couple days most cartomizers I've used taste "gunky" even after I clean them. These taste good and vape fine even after days of use. That's a big plus for me. I've been using several for weeks and haven't had one die yet. I tend to kill cartos quickly so this is another advantage for me with these.

The threading on these are for a 4081 battery so to use them on 510/Ego batteries you need a 4081/510 adaptor.

The price on these are a bit higher than other cartomizers but the performance and longevity of them make them cost effective for me. Smokestik is offering free shipping so the higher cost is balanced by this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
Thanks Zelda! I have tried a pack of the new flavored XL cartos as well, and will add my "review" here. :)

In my pack of cartos were: cherry, strawberry, cappuccino, vanilla, and menthol in high nic. These were tested on the MaxxQ battery from Smokestik. I received these cartos for free for testing, and PM'd the results a few weeks ago. I have been given the go-ahead to post it publicly. The only words I changed were the pronouns as the PM had some "you guys" or "that you sent me's" in it :)

Here it is:
All had equally impressive vapor production. There were no duds in the new design (high nic) cartos I received! It really continues to surprise me just how much vapor comes out when I exhale from these cartos - very satisfying - we're a twisted bunch, huh? :)

High Nic Cartos:
Throat hit is amazing - though these are a little higher nic than my every day vape- - I dragged out my original setup that came with 18mg cartos (NOT smokestik) - and it wasn't even close. These have a very strong TH, and while the high is a little much for me these days, I can totally see it being perfect for a beginner or high TH seeker.

Vanilla - smooth and friendly - almost sweet but then, not. I think this will always be my favorite smokestik flavor. It is a terrific vape, a bang on success.

Cherry: I have a disturbing blind spot with this flavor. It does not taste like cherry to me, just a nice in depth tobacco. I guess maybe I'm expecting it to be sweet or something, even though I know Smokestik actively avoids that. It may have even a slightly stronger TH than the vanilla. It is enjoyable, but not identifiable, to me.

Strawberry: Ok, this one surprised me - in a good way! I do not like strawberry flavored things - in large part b/c of how much I love fresh strawberries. This vape kind of reminded me of strawberry wafer cookies, only without cloying sweetness. The tobacco is an excellent profile, and a good match for this overtone. At the end of my tests, I chose this one to finish out the battery's charge with.

Cappuccino: I tried to like it, I really did. I think it is the "powdered creamer" effect. It just has a fake-ness that doesn't show up in the other flavors. And I love cappuccino in real life - and I have coffee with milk every day. It is just not my thing.

Menthol: This is nice. A cool refreshing flavor - not too much restaurant butter mint like some others (not SS) I have tried. I like how the coolness stays with me for a few seconds after I exhale. I would consider buying this carto (and vanilla ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread