smokesafe usb passthru + heaven gifts atomizer = fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
is the washer magnetic? the problem we have is not finding something small enough but something that we could just put there and not worry about losing it. So far our best bet is to have one dedicated to the usb, which at this point isn't such a bad idea as wayne's atomizers are the best deal around. I just don't like using two different atomizers at a time. One for battery use and one for usb.

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
Thanks for all the advice and help guys its much appreciated. As to the idea of the pliable fridge magnets those do not conduct electricity as it is magnetic dust mixed with rubber. Also the thickness of those might be too much for our needs. But I think I have the solution here in this link http://www.indigo.com/magnets/gphmgnts/Nd-small-disc-magnets.html I do not know the exact measurements for the battery contact but katink or anybody else that has the tools or means to measure them I will order them as soon as I know them. I am very excited!

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
The flat surface of the usb-passthrough is around 7.5 to 8 mm. There isn't much choice in the ring-magnets, but I think the 5 mm diameter with 2.5 mm hole would do fine (so that's 44600-1 N42 ring magnet, D5xd2.5x1mm ). Perhaps safest to put a sliver of isolation-tape around the outside of the circle, just in case it gets against the side? (Not sure if that would be easy doable - but would probably be the safest option I think - or maybe something that can be painted on, plastic paint for instance?).
The link you found is a nice one... but I doubt it will be usable. First off it's a US-site, and just too many US-shops tend to not want to ship internationaly (so that would be bad luck for me but not for you of course ;) ) but more importantly: look into their order info link: "Mininum for purchase order is $100 not including freight & taxes." ... I doubt any of us want a load ofthose ring-magnets worth $101...
But anyhow, it does give an idea what to look for elsewhere . At least we know an answer is out there :)

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
more importantly: look into their order info link: "Mininum for purchase order is $100 not including freight & taxes." ... I doubt any of us want a load ofthose ring-magnets worth $101...
But anyhow, it does give an idea what to look for elsewhere . At least we know an answer is out there :)

did not catch that part, guess I kind of got to excited to notice :oops:

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Happened to me often enough too.. finaly seem to be learning though to first look if something isn't 'too good to be true' when I like what I am seeing somewhere ;)

What you could do though are one of two things... be bold, and just ask them for a few sample-packs (reasonable chance of getting it that way) ór you could ask them which stores in your region they are supplying with these magnets... then go to that store to get them.

Let me know if you get hold of them, and good luck! :)

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
I FOUND A SOLUTION! check here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/3759-my-diy-dse901-magnum-power-19.html and look at ceo51378's post about removing the black ring. I did it to 2 atomizers from heaven gifts and the work now! The way I removed it was that I took a pair of pliers and slowly peeled away the ring sideways and towards the cartridge end and then it just popped off. Make sure you only grab the black ring with the pliers and not the brass fitting! Let me know if this works for you guys as well. After this discovery I proceeded to order 5 more atomizers on the ruyandirect.com website :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread