SMOK X-Priv Kit Review - A contender for the top Smok mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingWithVic

ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2016
    Scotland
    www.vapingwithvic.co.uk
    Smoks latest release, the smok smok X-Priv Kit, is something of a departure from the usual Smok style mods. The X-Priv is in the same vein as the Revenger (from Vaporesso) but the X-Priv has the usual Smok twist to the style. With a MASSIVE (and it really is big) screen, shifted control buttons so the screen has more space, and based on the Majesty internals, the X Priv looks to be a winner.

How does it perform though? Let's find out...

As always with a vaping With Vic review, you know that I have tested this item for at least a week, instead of reviewing it the day after it comes in...this channel always tests items first before reviewing.

═╣ SMOK X-Priv Kit ╠═

1:03 ◄ Unboxing
    4:58 ◄ Close Look
    7:55 ◄ Controls and Screen
    12:18 ◄ Wattage Vape
    14:00 ◄ Thoughts

RumbleFish

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2011
    L.A.
    So, I picked up one of these kits. Hits like a champ, huge clouds, great taste from the Q4 coil. Like others have noted, the new Prince coils leak from the bottom (actually, upper o-ring on the bottom of the coil) Online, I found a remedy which is using a small flat head screw driver to push in the excess Kanthal wire that protrudes from a couple of places atop that o-ring. I did this 2 days ago and haven't had any leaking since..woohoo!

BTW, what coil setting on this mod is best for Kanthal? I'm just using the default Wattage setting currently.
    I also saw you were running yours at 85W..was that on the Q4? I started at 60W but, I find that I get plenty of vape/flavor @ 55w. I also think the lower setting will help the coils last longer.

I've been vaping the Naked 100 line, 70v/30p (80v/20p?) which I like because there's no coloring (except for a couple flavors). I'd been using an Eleaf IJust S w/ Vaporesso ccell coils (0.5ohm) and they'd last for at least 2 weeks. I'm curious to see how much use I will get from these SMOK coils.

I agree about the niggling battery door issue but, I've got fairly large hands (unlike our president) so I don't notice the issue that much. I've also found it fine to turn the mod around in my hand and use my thumb for the fire bar.

Cheers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread