• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Smok TFV4 Leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that if you don't get the wicking right for the smok TFV4 it'll leak like crazy. When wicking it try to avoid putting the cotton down through the "wick holes" on the bottom of the deck. Unless you get it perfectly set in there it'll get bound up in the threads and leak down through to the air holes. If u just fan the cotton up like pancaking around and up higher than where the thing threads into the bottom of the deck it seems to work pretty well. Although I've found it will still leak if the tank is filled to full. I try to fill it to a little over half full, near the top of the rta chimney, and I haven't had any leaks doing it that way. Good luck.

milkweed

Jul 3, 2015
I've found that if you don't get the wicking right for the Smok TFV4 it'll leak like crazy. When wicking it try to avoid putting the cotton down through the "wick holes" on the bottom of the deck. Unless you get it perfectly set in there it'll get bound up in the threads and leak down through to the air holes. If u just fan the cotton up like pancaking around and up higher than where the thing threads into the bottom of the deck it seems to work pretty well. Although I've found it will still leak if the tank is filled to full. I try to fill it to a little over half full, near the top of the rta chimney, and I haven't had any leaks doing it that way. Good luck.

Dont understand how putting cotton down the wick hole will cause leak through the airholes. Air holes are over the top of the wick holes. I never had leaking problems since day 1. My take on leaking problems are the o-rings below the deck getting kinked and the other explanation is wicking. On every tank, make sure cotton is not touching or even too close to the airhole. Juice on the way up to the coil will just make a detour down the airhole.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Dont understand how putting cotton down the wick hole will cause leak through the airholes. Air holes are over the top of the wick holes. I never had leaking problems since day 1. My take on leaking problems are the o-rings below the deck getting kinked and the other explanation is wicking. On every tank, make sure cotton is not touching or even too close to the airhole. Juice on the way up to the coil will just make a detour down the airhole.

I think he meant that the wick got into thread of the cover/chimney, resulting in poor sealing. Not the juice channel/wick hole. :)

Personnelly, I prefer to overdo the part about wick in the juice channel a bit to prevent leaks.

milkweed

Jul 3, 2015
Stuffing too much into the juice holes will just jam up the juice flow. IMHO. I used to do it that way, but flavor was just not there. So now i just cut it short, enough to just drop a little of the cotton into the top part of the juice holes. Whichever way i did it, never had problems with leaking. Pretty sure my wick wasnt anywhere touching over the airholes.

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
Hi all, just to check, IPV D2 cannot support the TFV4 triple coil and quadruple coil. Am I correct?

Coz I use the tank with the triple coil on IPV D2, there is a error message 'Low res' from IPV D2.

The triple coil is 0.2. Sometimes it'll go down to 0.19. I just used it. So.. it may be cranky at times.

G0dlyz

Aug 31, 2015
Are you using the RBA? Or the OCC?

For me, when I'm using OCC, I used @VapGeek method.

And when I'm using the RBA, I try to wick properly, then check the o ring then assemble using @VapGeek method.

And then, I have no leaking issues.

Hi thr bro. Im v new :/ lol.. rly not much idea what u mean.. for me, when i got it, i just put the juice to the side hole and start vaping..

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
So yo didn't replace anything and just started right out of its box? Then I guess it's OCC.

You should see the design like a Sharingan inside.

Attachments

• SMOK-TFV4-TF-T3-2.jpg
    SMOK-TFV4-TF-T3-2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread