Smok Stick One Plus w/ Micro TFV4 "Plus" Tank Vs. Micro TFV4 Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redo

Feb 6, 2016
Hey Guys,

Looking on Smok's website today - saw they had a new eGo style setup called the Stick One Plus that comes with a Micro TFV4 Plus thank (they also have the Stick One Basic that comes with a TFV4 Nano tank). I can't seem to find much info on this anywhere and no reviews on youtube yet so must be fairly new.

Questions:
1) Is there a difference in the Micro TFV4 Plus versus the Micro TFV4 tanks?
2) If no difference, the Micro TFV4 Plus tank should work on regular TC Mod as well as the eGo style battery
3) Anyone see this anywhere or hear anything good/bad about it?
4) Does this tank have the same leaking issues as the TFV4 or TFV4 Mini?
5) The Micro One 80w TC Starter Kit comes with the Micro TFV4 tank (doesn't say Plus) and comes with a tank extension adapter, Micro CLP2 and Micro STC2 coils - anyone know if the Stick One Plus kit would come with the same?

Thanks

Tabfreejon

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
Littleton, Co
1) I can't see a difference between the Micro and the Plus tbh. I'm assuming the term "plus", simply relates to the battery and/or the bundle.

2) Tank should work on most mods. TC or otherwise.

3) I have a Micro TFV4 which came with the R80 kit. Nice little tank but you'll be filling it up every ten minutes. I use it when I'm nipping down the shops or running errands. Don't have to drip and drive etc. But that's about all.

4) Mine hasn't had any leaking issues, but I haven't had any leaking issues with any of my TFV4's (I have the other two sizes but not the nano). Either with the factory coils or when using the RBA decks.

5) Like you, I'd assume it comes with the same.

the nano is 1mm smaller in diameter, amd comes ,.from the picture, with a chimney attached. not am optional one like on the micro. still says it only holds 2ml, the micro is 2.5 w.3.5ml extension tube. a 5ml extension tube, plus glass(probably the mini glass) brings it up to 5 ml on the micro. looks like the nano holds same coils. mod looks like the joyetech evic vtc, and latest upgrade on that made mine act screwey. I own 3 smok mods tho, and the 3 other tf tanks.don't need more, as much as I do want the gaurdian 3. will probably end up ordering one.

Redo

Feb 6, 2016
The "plus" indicates the width. The plus is 24.5mm wide, compared to the "standard" 22mm

Edit to add: also from what I heard, they all use different rda sections.

Hey - Good catch on the width difference. I just double checked that and confirm the 24.5 v 22mm. That answers Q#1. I can also assume (may or may not be correct) that the Smok One Plus kit doesn't come with a tank extension adapter since the glass diameter is not the same.

I wonder why they would use different rda sections if they use the same coils though...

Moto-EC

Jan 11, 2016
Hey - Good catch on the width difference. I just double checked that and confirm the 24.5 v 22mm. That answers Q#1. I can also assume (may or may not be correct) that the Smok One Plus kit doesn't come with a tank extension adapter since the glass diameter is not the same.

I wonder why they would use different rda sections if they use the same coils though...
I noticed the different RBA section also. I was hoping the micro had the deck with the 4 screws on top. It looks easier to build on to me. Any comments (pro/cons) on the difference between the 2?-3?

Moto-EC

Jan 11, 2016
From what I've read the Micro only has four coil choices right now. The micro clp2 .30, micro stc2 .25 ohm. Then in there MTL line there's the micro 1.2 and 1.8ohm both are single Clapton. Then there is the single coil RBA that comes with it and a dual coil RBA sold separately. They give one each of the the first two but none of the MTL's. Would you buy one of them now or wait? If so witch one? Hmmm?
Wow it shipped today! Sweet!

Redo

Feb 6, 2016
I don't generally like the MTL coils so wouldn't mind that.

I usually use a tank with the first coil, and after I know I like it, will order more replacements.

BTW - saw that vapordna started carrying the Smok Stick One Plus. I think I'm still going to go with just the tank since I rarely use my subvod. But having the shorter "stubby" version that holds 3.5ml is a cool idea.

Moto-EC

Jan 11, 2016
I took a second look at it and I do like the looks of it. I saw they had it for $35! That's a great deal if you use mech mods. I wanted the extra extensions that came with just the tank. I will wait on the coils. I think it will be fine with the regular ones. It's not saying "Huge airflow" like all the tanks out lately. Im really hoping this tank will work out, my luck hasn't been so good.

Moto-EC

Jan 11, 2016
I don't generally like the MTL coils so wouldn't mind that.

I usually use a tank with the first coil, and after I know I like it, will order more replacements.

BTW - saw that vapordna started carrying the Smok Stick One Plus. I think I'm still going to go with just the tank since I rarely use my subvod. But having the shorter "stubby" version that holds 3.5ml is a cool idea.
Hey brother I ordered a smok Micro chuff drip tip seperately from my oil company EC Blends. I got it today and it's nice. It looked like (in the pictures) a thin metal but it's solid stainless. I got the black one because I ordered the Stainless tank. It was $3.50 so I threw it on my order. Let you know when the tank has a few day on it. Peace

Moto-EC

Jan 11, 2016
Hey Redo,
Sorry I've Been busy listening to the MotoGP the last to mornings. I like the tank but there are some quirks. Most have been on YouTube.
• mine didn't come with one of the STC (stainless) coils. So I had to order 5 (they get here Tuesday). I was really wanting to try those before investing more. I'm not a big Kanthal guy (ni200 mostly) The 1.8 MtL clp coil is great if your into that tight draw. I like to be able to start with that and add air until I get the hit I like. This is my first time trying Clapton coils. The stock Clp2 coil was ok but it drank the juice (battery too) and it had a burnt taste every so often. (Could be the operator) I built a coil and it was easy to wick I had no leaks. It gurgled less but still flooded after refill. Spit back. Had to fry the juice off to fix it.
• I really like the air flow because it starts out where my sub tank mini left off.
• no juice flow control is the biggest Con! The stock coils flood a little. Gurgle after a refill. No leaking though.
• The top fill: I'll probably use the vape bands because it feels like it might slide open.
• The chuff tip works great with the MtL coil.
I don't need it but the little air reducer that makes the RBA deck a MtL air flow is a nice idea.
I'm hoping the Stainless steel coils will be the ones I like. Even then the flooding is the deal breaker for me. I can't really recommend it just for that. I'll check back Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread