smok alien 220w kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
howdy - and welcome! no experience with the alien, but I do have a Sig 213 and have heard very solid things about the Fuchai 213 - and there have been teasers about a Fuchai 213+ with a color display that look sharp

typically, a silicone sleeve is a great idea if you want to protect the finish

213 sounds interesting. How do you pronounce that?

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hello everyone
Wondering if anyone could help me and give me input . I'm looking into getting a smok alien 220w kit. But I've seen alot of reveiws saying that after a week or two that paint starting peeling and chipping off their device . I'm kinda ocd with my vapes . Could anyone who has purchased the smok 220w tell me if they have had problems with the paint . Where you purchased it and how long you have had it .
If I don't get the smok alien I'm looking into getting either the sigelei fuchai 200w or sigelei 150 watt tc . Which of the two would you suggest. Thanks anyone who can help

Howdy, and welcome! :)

Reactions: Eskie

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
actually djlsbvapes proved that it would not hit the advertised wattage limit and that the TC was atypical, based on the algorithm they used - not defending sigelei's abhorrent response, as it was shady to the extreme, but the TC was not nonfunctional... agreed that their response to djlsb paints them as punks and I completely agree with voting with your wallet... but he did not state it had no TC whatsoever, simply that he did not like the implementation nor think it worked well, which in turn prompted sigelei to post their 'tc conversion tool'...

Based on what algorithm? The device will set cotton on fire at 400 F! In his Fuchai 213 video he used that conversion tool and guess what? It still failed to limit the temperature and thus burned the cotton. Burning cotton equals instant fail because the whole point of tc is to prevent that from happening. Sure the tc works but it's inconsistent, in-accurate and therefore is useless. Just my :2c:

Clairea2004

Jan 4, 2017
I wonder if the people having issues with paint are the same people that carry loose 18650s in their pockets.

In other words: carried in a pocket or purse amongst loose change or keys.
Nope mainly it's kept on my bed or in a pocket on it's own. I think the issue is with the black ones and heat of hands mine started coming off in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    795.2 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread