Status
Not open for further replies.

nilavap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Illinois, USA
I think I have a problem vaping pg. Certain juices are making me have extremely dry throat and irritating. I can vape 50/50 with little problem but if its more pg than that, I have problems. Maybe I am sensitive to the pg and need to stop vaping it or reduce it. That would not be good since some of my favorite vendors sell juices that you can't chose the amount of pg you get.

nilavap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Illinois, USA
Oh that is not good. I switched to vg last week and my throat and lungs felt better. Kind of like the harshness of the pg though. Maybe find some vg and try cutting or dyi some liquid? Hope you start feeling better.

Thank-you <3 Yes, I guess I need to stop using some of the high pg juice but I like it lol. Woke up with swollen glands in my throat today and it is still raw.

Some of the DIY juices I have made just aren't up to par and I am still buying ready-made juices to use. I am going to have to practice DIY for quite awhile yet before mine are vapeable.

I did find a vendor who sells 30 ml bottles for 7.49 a bottle instead of 16.99 a bottle(what I was paying at another vendor) and it is very good; it isn't weak, diluted or chemical tasting. The vendor (Vapor Renu) also has options of what pg/vg level and other options ie: add vitamin c or vitamin b12, ginseng, green tea extract, ginkgo biloba and some other options as well. They fill their bottles too, they don't skimp on customers. They mail everything in priority mail boxes in plastic and peanuts(no cheap or dangerous packaging). It costs about $6 to get your stuff shipped but you never have to worry about getting a mess in your mailbox either. I don't mind paying the $6 for shipping because I usually order at least 6 bottles from them at a time. I chain-vape so have to keep stocked up. I am going through 30ml a week or more.
So until I am able to mix juices that are good I will buy there and pick lower pg levels I guess.

I had that aching-joint thing too for a short while when I first got into vaping.
I was told that some people get this starting out due to PG being metabolised by the body into lactic acid, which is what makes your muscles ache when you work out. No idea how accurate this is but reading up on the science of it suggests it might be true.

In any event, it went away after a few days, as I recall, and I haven't had it since.

Experienced vapers all say you'll enjoy it a lot more if you drink lots of water, since PG and VG both give you a mean dry mouth. I never drank enough water anyway, so this was good advice.

Speaking of dry mouth, I just went through one h*** of a hot and humid summer without any respiratory issues. I had asthma as a kid and humidity still gives me trouble, or did until this year. I'm wondering if the dehydration effect of inhaled PG and VG helps with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread