Single vs. Dual ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kracker

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NewCastle, DE
I want to know if most people like dual coils or single for their all day vape ?

I run a single coil on my Omega (clone) and a dual on my Igo-T . Right now on my Omega I have a twisted 28 gauge that comes out to .8 ohms with one 1/8 air hole opened and I have a dual coil on my Igo-T that comes out to .5 ohms with the air holes drilled to 7/64. On the Omega with the single I get about 90% of the vapor and just as much flavor with half the juice as the dual on my Igo.

It came out the same way when I tried a few different builds with the same coils on both. I always run duals on the Igo because of the 2 air holes. I wish the Omega was as easy to build on as the Igo with the post holes. I want to get another RDA like the Patriot or the Atomic to see how they are with both single and dual builds.

I LOVE the twisted 28 gauge single coil. Best one so far IMO. The Dual Nano Dragon is a lot of fun too but you blow through the e-liquid.

as always...Thanks
Kenny

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
My dual coil clearos blow through the juice pretty good, but they are great. I just got a dual coil dripper, and I built it with 30ga micro coils at 1 ohm wicked with cotton. I do have some 28ga hanging around, and I will eventually try a single coil set up in it, but I am so happy with it now, it might just be a while! :vapor:

I do love my re-built single coil PT2's with microcoils too. I don't look to get clouds either, just great flavor and a good vape.

Edit: last sentence.

Last edited:

Kracker

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NewCastle, DE
My dual coil clearos blow through the juice pretty good, but they are great. I just got a dual coil dripper, and I built it with 30ga micro coils at 1 ohm wicked with cotton. I do have some 28ga hanging around, and I will eventually try a single coil set up in it, but I am so happy with it now, it might just be a while! :vapor:

I do love my re-built single coil PT2's with microcoils too. I don't look to get clouds either, just great flavor and a good vape.

When you do, try Rip Tripper's twisted 28 gauge coil. That thing is awesome !

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
With drippers...Most of the time I prefer a single 12-14 wrap micro coil w/28 AWG on cotton at around 8 watts. It's easy to do...very consistent, and doesn't waste liquid and battery life.

Occasionally, on an IGO-W, I like to do a dual setup with a 3 Ohm micro coil around cotton on one side and a 2 Ohm AWG 34 coil on stainless mesh from 4 - 4.5v volts. This set-up is more about filling out the vapor texture on some of my flavors. I don't want to loose the wet feeling/flavor of the 8ish watt micro-coil...but I do want a bit of that dry/crisp sensation added as a second layer by the hotter/dryer ss-mesh wicked side.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada

I've built microcoils, dual coils and vertical coils all in my protanks and except for the vertical coil they all worked great. I also did some subohm builds in my protank but I don't think I could get enough airflow to satisfy hungry subohm coil so all I pretty well got was burnt taste. I have had my fun with all kinds of builds in my protanks but at the end of the day I just use my 6 wraps of 32 kanthal on a 1/16 allen key stuffed with hemp fiber thats 2.0 ohms for my daily vape needs.

This is a well used 1.0 ohm dual microcoil:
1d4649b8-9b6a-4df0-8215-79ef494e3081.jpg

My attempt at a vertical coil that I just couldn't get to vape right. I try repacking the hemp in it again one day:
0a5368d1-acdb-4b2b-984f-cb158c086e0e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread