Singapore vapers please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinyl

Mar 18, 2011
singapore
recently i purchased 2 sets of M402 ultra starter kits from janty canada. package was forwarded to the Health Science Authority. I got a letter stating:

Dear sir/mdm,

RE: ARTICLE REFERRED TO HEALTH SCIENCE AUTHORITY

Product: Small Packet
Country of Origin: Canada

The above 1 articles consigned to you has been forwarded to the authority indicated below:
INVESTIGATION & SURVEILLANCE UNIT
Centre for drug adminstration(HSA)
Health Sciences Authority
11 biopolis way
#11-03 helios
Singapore 138667
Tel No. 68663485

Please liaise with the officer from the controlling authority within 14days from the date of this notification regarding the article.

the collection hours are as follows:
mon - fri 830am-600pm

Please note that item will be destroyed if unclaimed after 30days.

When I ordered the sets, they have assured me that content description would be labelled as batteries and charger. I dont know what went wrong. What should I do? Will I be fined?

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
As mention by mlinky, do get ur 5 post and head over to the link posted above.

The M402 resembles a tobacco product and according to Singapore laws,

In Singapore, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) are currently prohibited under Secion 16 (1) of the tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act, which is enforced by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA). This legislation prohibits the importation, distribution, sale or offer for sale of any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or the packaging of which is designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products. HSA takes a serious view on any person who contravenes the law.

In short, you wont be fine for now but will be mark should u decide to import another device and such which falls under the act.You can just ignore the letter and they will be send to be destroyed after the grace period for claiming is up.

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
Singapore government needs revenue from cig taxes & so high..all the red tape to protect and discourage smokers from giving up or finding alternative to normal cig..wonder why Vinyl, U did not go over to johore to buy and bring in..ecig is sold there..hope u get yr imported ecig from HEALTH SCIENCE AUTHORITY back

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Pls edit your Post as you don't have to post everything of the letter, For those who have experience, they recieved the same thing like yours.
For your Parcel, follow subliminalx method.
For other question related to this, post in Group. join the group if you have not

recently i purchased 2 sets of M402 ultra starter kits ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread