Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Howdy. Haven't been around these parts for quite a while. Reading some posts and checking my SN on Buzz Pro I realized I have a pretty early one #193 .... "Wow," I said to myself.:) And it looks like a lot of people are appreciating the BP looking at recent SNs!!

Anyway, I just ordered an Infinity Pro for DH. He uses Mini Vivi Nova on his VV eGo batteries and I know he's going to really complain about the gap between the top of IP and bottom of tank. (I'm right now using BP with sealed shorty 510 extender with one of his cast off Stardust as the Mini ViVi Nova withstands all the drops better than the Stardust. And BTW.... I settled on the IP because #1 I love my BP and #2 It has to be more drop and sit-on tolerant than VV eGo batteries.)

I don't have the IP yet as I just ordered it yesterday but this should work on it as well as the BP. I'm including a couple of pictures that are not Notcigs products directly but I have a herd of VV REOs that use the Notcigs chip. (so they are cousins)

We REO users ran into issues with the ERA RBA as it is too large for the diameter of all but two of the larger REOs. So an unsealed 510 extender is needed. This gave a large, unattractive gap.

So I pulled out a brass colored eGo ring to use to fill the gap (They come in silver, too, and maybe colors.). In the case of the REOs the ring has to be ground down a bit to lower the collar height just a smidgen for the positive pin on adapter to make contact with the fitting on the REO. Simple job with a dremmel or a tiny hack saw. The metal is not very hard.

The same can be done for the BP and IP but with more cut off or ground down. (The gap hasn't been an issue for me but as I'm doing some collars for my DH I might as well do some for my BP.

Below are a couple of pictures to illustrate what I'm talking about. I'm figuring for the BP most of the beveled part of collar needs to be removed. I'll know more when IP gets here.

Feisty Alice

IMG_1859-001.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
BTW.... I have a nice assortment of RBAs now. I have a couple of Killer RBAs, for carto tanks, coming so M1A1s and Phiniacs will be coming out of retirement for BP. The Mini "B" DocDave RBA slim tank, going into production soon (in beta testing now), should look stellar on IP as will the ERA tank soon to be beta tested. (Since using RBAs I'm pretty much finished with cartos except in emergencies.)

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
"New Fort West" has always been good testing ground for anything/product with our massive amounts of microscopic cementous dust, rugged outdoors terrain, herd of GIANT and Large country house dogs, and since vaping DH. Not only is he 77.5 yr but he works full time and flies out of town weekly for some of his work. He usually has his hands and pockets full (and hike into our house from parked car is rugged to say the least). He upgrades to first class (free with so many miles) and always stealth vapes, absolutely necessary on home flight with free Bloody Marys, frequently goes to the head, during flight, but doesn't just sit down on PV, left in seat, but plops down on them. (Even 1st class is "tight" when you're 6'2" with 15 AAAA shoe size.)

Being "Home of the Swimming REOs," and the Notcigs chip in VV REOs has survived multiple "swims" in the spa, multiple dives into cold, greasy dishwater, and one good dunking into not yet flushed toilet, and DH, IP will have plenty of challenges that I expect it to breeze through.

Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
"New Fort West" has always been good testing ground for anything/product with our massive amounts of microscopic cementous dust, rugged outdoors terrain, herd of GIANT and Large country house dogs, and since vaping DH. Not only is he 77.5 yr but he works full time and flies out of town weekly for some of his work. He usually has his hands and pockets full (and hike into our house from parked car is rugged to say the least). He upgrades to first class (free with so many miles) and always stealth vapes, absolutely necessary on home flight with free Bloody Marys, frequently goes to the head, during flight, but doesn't just sit down on PV, left in seat, but plops down on them. (Even 1st class is "tight" when you're 6'2" with 15 AAAA shoe size.)

Being "Home of the Swimming REOs," and the Notcigs chip in VV REOs has survived multiple "swims" in the spa, multiple dives into cold, greasy dishwater, and one good dunking into not yet flushed toilet, and DH, IP will have plenty of challenges that I expect it to breeze through.

Feisty Alice

Robert, REO, made me promise to keep my VV REOs (Notcigs chip) away from bodies of water (it's a given that all my non-regulated REOs will "swim." I've failed miserably, and besides, he infects my mods with a bit of rebellion; the chip keeps on "ticking"!!!!! (BTW... I know of no PVs that float.)

Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
My brother is in his 80s and still runs his own shop 6 days a week. Barely even has grey hair. Makes me look like his older brother. He has about 5 projects (custom cars) going and says he's never going to quit working.

My DH would shrivel up and die if he didn't have his work. His "hobbies" are his work.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Robert, REO, made me promise to keep my VV REOs (Notcigs chip) away from bodies of water (it's a given that all my non-regulated REOs will "swim." I've failed miserably, and besides, he infects my mods with a bit of rebellion; the chip keeps on "ticking"!!!!! (BTW... I know of no PVs that float.)

Feisty Alice
You need one of those fishing bobber tanks to keep them afloat.:laugh:

dsc02387fk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread