Simple feed tank mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throat hit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
south warwickshire UK
I have a puresmoke v3 wich is very nice and all. I tried carts for about 5 mins after days of direct dripping. I got a foul taste and the cart had started to melt very quickly. So back with dripping.

After a couple more days I was sick of pulling the drip tip out every minuite so came up with a simple low cost bottle feed dripper.

Parts are a blunt needle and a way of cutting it "I used a dremel type tool and mini cut off disc". A small length of silicone tube that fits over the needle Just snug is good. Lastly a small soft plastic dropper bottle "I used a 3 ml size".

I cut the blunt needle and de-burred the ends 10 mm long.

I cut the stopper for the dropper bottle so the silicone tube fitted througt and was tight so as not to leak.

I cut the bottle top so the tube came easily through. The top still secures the stopper in the bottle.

Lastly I got an atomiser and drilled into the side case.
The hole needs to be under the bridge but over the coil so take time marking out as get It wrong and you waste an atty. This is the most risky part as you can damage the atty and slip and drill hands and things so take care . I used a tiny 1 mm drill and drilled softly till I had started to cut the case of the atty. Then continued to drill bit by bit untill I could see a dimple inside the atty and pushed through with a scriber point. I then took my time and using a 3 mm drill and took more metal away from the hole, just a scrape from the outer edge to thin the metal down and made final adjustments with the scriber so the needle fit very tightly in the atty case no glue needed just a good tight fit. Take yor time I did it first time with ease.

Thats about it you can now see what you have.. Cut the silicone to length and fill the botte not to full as the pipe will displace the fluid a bit sticky tape the bottle to your pv join the pipe to the needle on the atty and off you go. I got the needle just inside the atty by less than a mm and it works great. A simple side feed atty mod. I am sure someone has done this mod before more than once. But as I did not find it after looking I added my version. Happy vaping Rob.. Also check out this out in the modders/small supplier part of the forum.

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Nice work.. I can see how getting it feed closer to the element would work well.. I am still a fan of 'top feeding'

Just out of curiosity have you tried just modding a blank cart? if so, do you notice a difference that would justify the extra effort? if not, it would allow you to only do 1 mod and allow you to move on to the next atty with ease.

Thanks for sharing

LGD

Throat hit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
south warwickshire UK
Thats a perfect idea I was one step behind you on that one and do not think it will make much odds. I just like the compact size my way less tube and less length with a stubby drip tip. A cart with the end cut off and a side feed will be easy and better for me when I change flavour though. I am very happy with the way the juice flows around the mesh inside it is better than dripping from a bottle. I tried feeding the coil cup direct with the needle pushed inside the atty more but it gurgled and flooded a bit and I think the needle took some of the coils heat away or blocked the working somehow.Thanks for the input Rob..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread